Regardless of outcome | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Regardless of outcome

You are missing the pt. Clock had everything to do with being rushed. And the choices he made because of it. Think what you want. You play differently with 50 seconds vs 20 seconds.
Totaly agree

Second half shrader hit the dude in the chest for a 1st down that was dropped

I don’t love everything he did but to say he choked is asinine
I agree with your first sentence. He choked at the end though. It is what it is.

I think he is saying that the coaches got us prepared to play a great game and had us 6-0. That merits not dumping on them for one close loss. Unless you are on this board. Where knocking the coaches and the players is SOP.
I might agree with you if the poor game/clock management and pre-snap penalties weren't an issue year, after year...after year.

You are missing the pt. Clock had everything to do with being rushed. And the choices he made because of it. Think what you want. You play differently with 50 seconds vs 20 seconds.
Using your logic then the play call should be different too. Otherwise we're still playing under a minute and he throws it to a spot where the clock will continue to run.

They did not quit at all. I question some play calling but our under sized team battled and the defense was gassed. Hate this take.
The only spot we are undersized is DL. OL/LB/DB is Normal sized. We are the mighty mites playing the Varsity team

I might agree with you if the poor game/clock management and pre-snap penalties weren't an issue year, after year...after year.
The clock management is the worst in the country. I honestly don't see how anyone can argue with that. I brought it up after the Purdue game, if we don't complete that pass to Gadson, there are 7 seconds left and we would have 3 time outs. The 30 seconds off the clock today is stunning. But, they are also doing a lot of things right. They wouldn't be 6-1 if they weren't.

The only spot we are undersized is DL. OL/LB/DB is Normal sized. We are the mighty mites playing the Varsity team
Being undersized at the dl is the worst place to be undersized.

DL is a big place to be undersized. And we are also facing a top four program in terms of talent. If you think that defense quit I don’t know what to say.

DL is a big place to be undersized. And we are also facing a top four program in terms of talent. If you think that defense quit I don’t know what to say.
The defense never quit. If anyone quit I was saying the offense for that F tier showing in the second half. That was 2019 level offense

It was a legitimate call. Fuentes can’t do that. I don’t care what happened next. A punt should have happened next.

IMO it should not have been called. QB was a runner. QB was trying to stay in bounds and was moving forward not sideways. He was barely out at the time of contact.

IMO it should not have been called. QB was a runner. QB was trying to stay in bounds and was moving forward not sideways. He was barely out at the time of contact.
The overhead shot looked like he was still in when contacted. I'm livid about it.

Qb has clearly given himself up. He had already eased up and was out of play.

We’ve been lucky to have a few of those type plays go our way over the years, this time it hurt big time.

The most objectionable call was the pass interference on the Hail Mary. Total bailout and phantom call.

So pissed about this game, but still have a ton to play for, in theory Orange Bowl is still a real possibility. And beating ND would ease this pain a lot!

We’ve been lucky to have a few of those type plays go our way over the years, this time it hurt big time.

The most objectionable call was the pass interference on the Hail Mary. Total bailout and phantom call.

How does one give themself up without sliding or running sideways. He was still moving forward as he tried to stay in.

So pissed about this game, but still have a ton to play for, in theory Orange Bowl is still a real possibility. And beating ND would ease this pain a lot!
Run the table, 11-1 and go to OB, I'm with you

Good effort in the first half but they quite in the second half. I’m happy they played them close, but they quit and that’s what hurts about this loss.
are you serious ...you think that tired , injured , small defense quit ...did you watch the same game I did?

There are so many things, either refs calls or mistakes. We should have won, it is just devastating.

How does one give themself up without sliding or running sideways. He was still moving forward as he tried to stay in.
Stop it. You could see he had slowed considerably and was heading to the sideline. Our guy then ran with him and shouldered him from the side when he was clearly out of play. I’m not going to crucify Fuentes for it but it’s a really obvious call (especially on the road with the opposing QB).

You might want to look at the film again.

In a nutshell, if you call one you have to call the other one too.
Same sideline, same ref.

The call on Cuse kept Clemson’s drive alive.

The non-call against Clemson killed Syracuse’s drive.

Both on third and long.

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/a9/09/041A93D2-D904-4FBA-9CD1-A18DE10B753E/IMG_5278.MOV

Stop it. You could see he had slowed considerably and was heading to the sideline. Our guy then ran with him and shouldered him from the side when he was clearly out of play. I’m not going to crucify Fuentes for it but it’s a really obvious call (especially on the road with the opposing QB).
Ok what about the Shrader shove, the more obvious out of bounds hit.

You might want to look at the film again.

In a nutshell, if you call one you have to call the other one too.
Same sideline, same ref.

The call on Cuse kept Clemson’s drive alive.

The non-call against Clemson killed Syracuse’s drive.

Both on third and long.

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/a9/09/041A93D2-D904-4FBA-9CD1-A18DE10B753E/IMG_5278.MOV
I agree with you the Shrader hit should have been called (too).
The first time I saw it I thought it was one of those “continue the hit” plays but on replay it clearly wasn’t. I think it’s fair to say it was more egregious than the call on Fuentes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom