Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose out to Xavier, Gerry will be on a scalding hot seat around here.

I don't know what people are thinking but to lose to the likes of Xavier is not flattering. We really need to start winning on the priority recruits.

Xavier is an odd pick. In what way is Xavier better than us? Tradition? No. School? No. Facilities? No. Fan base? No. Conference? Nope.

Would be an odd choice.
Playing time?

Xavier is an odd pick. In what way is Xavier better than us? Tradition? No. School? No. Facilities? No. Fan base? No. Conference? Nope.

Would be an odd choice.
Swider could potentially be looking at a log jam for minutes at the Cuse.

Would be an odd choice.

Imagine they got Bazley too

IMG_3599.GIF

If the kid has a chance to play in the ACC and turns it down, he must be more comfortable on a smaller stage.

I concur and I don't want someone who is more comfortable dominating less caliber players in Xavier's conference instead of the ACC

I have a lot of respect for Xavier's program and really enjoy watching them play. I think it's fair to say they're a tier below the other 3 programs involved, hence me asking.

I've only been in Cincinnati once a few years ago for work and didn't get to see much of the city unfortunately. Great to hear it's on the up and up.

Yup. No question. Cincy is an awesome place right now.

Yeah, maybe Swider is worried about playing time. Obviously Mack is an excellent coach. Those guys play hard and they have good recruits coming in. But, look at UNC all these years and how many forwards/big guys they brought in the past 3-4 years. Swider hopefully commits to SU and let it all sort itself out. It would be some big time competition in practice which can only help things.

This happened with Tucker though to right after he visited he committed. He must of saw something he liked at Xavier on his visit and was sold. I wish him well but the bigger part of this is we are losing recruits that are considered priority. To me we are reverting back to the TRob era of recruiting.

This happened with Tucker though to right after he visited he committed. He must of saw something he liked at Xavier on his visit and was sold. I wish him well but the bigger part of this is we are losing recruits that are considered priority. To me we are reverting back to the TRob era of recruiting.
So you think he's def goin to Xavier?

This early of an announcement isn't a surprise. As soon as he announced his visits, it was pretty obvious he would make a decision quickly. I wouldn't draw conclusions on this kid based on Tucker's thought process.

I concur and I don't want someone who is more comfortable dominating less caliber players in Xavier's conference instead of the ACC

I hear you but there are plenty of good players and good teams in that conference. Hell, we keep losing to St. John's and Georgetown. Xavier would've torn us apart last yeat, IMO, with or without their starting PG. It's not the ACC but the competition is good and if you can play well in that league then the NBA will surely notice.

This early of an announcement isn't a surprise. As soon as he announced his visits, it was pretty obvious he would make a decision quickly. I wouldn't draw conclusions on this kid based on Tucker's thought process.

Yeah, this kid is very mature. I wish him well no matter where he winds up.

I hear you but there are plenty of good players and good teams in that conference. Hell, we keep losing to St. John's and Georgetown. Xavier would've torn us apart last yeat, IMO, with or without their starting PG. It's not the ACC but the competition is good and if you can play well in that league then the NBA will surely notice.

Yeah, the Big East has a tv network, good competition, plays their tourney at MSG and had a team win it all in 2016.

That's not the timing. He was going to make his decision after visiting these three schools. He has visited all three now.

Trying to extrapolate any sort of analogy on where Swider will end up, based on Tucker's timeline is not a great comparison.

Xavier has been on Swider for a long time too. This has no comparison whatsoever to Duke, other than another tough loss for Gerry. He really could use a win here.

Terrance Roberts was ranked in the top 50 and came to us out of St. Anthony's, a legendary program. That was a good recruiting win at the time.

fwiw, poster on the Xavier board claims he was told "good news coming shortly":
Cole Swider SF - Page 3
(I think I can post that link here, if not sorry mods)
A bit amusing that they don't mention SU being a factor in a single post in that thread :noidea:
Yeah, just like all those guys on the Georgia Tech boards who were predicting Tucker to GT in the last week before his announcement. And I think it's since come out that he had picked Cuse before Duke swooped in last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom