Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize we only offered him in February according to Syracuse.com. Given the type of kid he is, I could totally see him going with the team who has been with him the longest.

Xavier has been on Swider for a long time too. This has no comparison whatsoever to Duke, other than another tough loss for Gerry. He really could use a win here.
If he chooses Xavier, to me, it is 100% a playing time issue. Can't get mad about that.

Yeah, just like all those guys on the Georgia Tech boards who were predicting Tucker to GT in the last week before his announcement. And I think it's since come out that he had picked Cuse before Duke swooped in last minute.
We even had one of those experts come here and brag about their "win".

I can. He will play plenty here. We are closer to his home. We are in the ACC. We are Syracuse and they are Xavier. No offense but they aren't in our class.
So dasher where does he end up?

He's crazy if he chooses Duke. They will recruit a top 10 kid at his position and he'll spend a year never playing and then transferring.

I want to go on record as saying that Cole Swider, regardless of where he chooses to play basketball, is a breathe of fresh air. He was quick and decisive. He didn't string anyone along. He will be a real catch for whomever ends up landing him. Classy young man, and I'll be ecstatic if he chooses Syracuse!

If he chooses Xavier, to me, it is 100% a playing time issue. Can't get mad about that.

Playing time for sure but as dasher said, I'll be plenty pissed. We need a win here.

I can. He will play plenty here. We are closer to his home. We are in the ACC. We are Syracuse and they are Xavier. No offense but they aren't in our class.
Driving distance proximity to home and ability to attend games on weekends is an important factor for these families. They would have to fly to Cincy anytime they want to see him play in person. Xavier is a nice program, but Syracuse checks all the boxes. We are a major name brand program in the best, highest profile conference, with a Hall of Fame coach, the Melo Center, and an iconic home court. Btw, does anyone know if Luke Murray (Bill Murray's son!) is Swider's primary recruiter at Xavier?

I get the sentiment from a turn-the-tide perspective, but missing out on a forward would not kill me as much as losing our PG option would.
I have heard that we are in pretty good shape with that pt guard. Not to take anything away from the Cole thread.

I get the sentiment from a turn-the-tide perspective, but missing out on a forward would not kill me as much as losing our PG option would.

I wish we had a PG recruit to lose. I do get your point 100% though.

I have heard that we are in pretty good shape with that pt guard. Not to take anything away from the Cole thread.
He's certainly not ours to lose though. Far from it. He's not deciding for months.

Driving distance proximity to home and ability to attend games on weekends is an important factor for these families. They would have to fly to Cincy anytime they want to see him play in person. Xavier is a nice program, but Syracuse checks all the boxes. We are a major name brand program in the best, highest profile conference, with a Hall of Fame coach, the Melo Center, and an iconic home court. Btw, does anyone know if Luke Murray (Bill Murray's son!) is Swider's primary recruiter at Xavier?

Good post. I'm frankly tired of posts ripping Xavier as a program as some chumps or something. Sure it isn't ACC but it's a good conference and Xavier and Mack can ball. Yes, there is a Murray connection to Xavier. But, one would think distance is a factor like you say. It's almost a four hour drive just from here in CLE diagonally across the state to Cincinnati.

Ok, but really - GMac is the lead recruiter with Swider?

Good post. I'm frankly tired of posts ripping Xavier as a program as some chumps or something. Sure it isn't ACC but it's a good conference and Xavier and Mack can ball. Yes, there is a Murray connection to Xavier. But, one would think distance is a factor like you say. It's almost a four hour drive just from here in CLE diagonally across the state to Cincinnati.
Cincy is basically Kentucky.

I don't think I said that. I have a great deal of faith in Red on this one.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you said that. I was just saying that we are a very long way away from being in the cat bird's seat. I love the connection Red has with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom