Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need this kid but it doesn't look good.

GMac could have used a big win. Hopefully it's still up in air.
Losing to Duke and Kentucky okay but Xavier?
Head coaches are ultimately responsible for recruiting and are responsible for closing.

Head coaches are ultimately responsible for recruiting and are responsible for closing.
Jim Boeheim is the closer no doubt but he doesn't do the day to day handling of recruiting.
Red has full confidence.
GMac needs a signature win to calm the waters. It is not personal one iota for me I just want a win pure and simple.

JB couldn't close though. He was going to take those others visits. Nothing JB could do but give him a great pitch. There was less than a microscopic chance he'd have committed to us on campus. He wouldn't do that to the other teams on his list.

*I* won't rip Gerry but he really does need a signature win. If he doesn't get one in this class, then I'd say we'd ever every reason to be worried about him.

Swider is very important for Gerry but also to help us get a pg. That's the biggest thing.

I didn't expect a commitment and canceling of visits. Jb likevall hcs would have had a 1-1 with him and since a decision was near, had to sell the program and swiders role in it. The other visits would take place but sitting first and foremost has to be his SU visit, program and visualizing being part of it all.

Jim Boeheim is the closer no doubt but he doesn't do the day to day handling of recruiting.
Red has full confidence.
GMac needs a signature win to calm the waters. It is not personal one iota for me I just want a win pure and simple.

I don't view it as a win or loss, I just want this kind of shooter.

Lets hope the time he had hanging with moyer/battle/belbey/brissett/Washington was enough...looked like he had a great time connecting with them and our staff..gotta think he liked our facilities. Still want to believe we are right in this and have a chance. Close proximity for his parents, huge fan base, storied program and HOF coach...not ready to believe it's a done deal to X.

Terrance Roberts was ranked in the top 50 and came to us out of St. Anthony's, a legendary program. That was a good recruiting win at the time.
What is this dude talking about?

Cincy grads
My son is considering going to a soccer camp for them. Probable business major.
What can you tell me about the school in general, the B school, the campus, etc.
Business school has really come a long way in the past 10 years.

I'm from CT but went to UC from 2007-2012 and majored in Dietetics. Campus is beautiful, I believe Forbes rated it top 10 architecturally in the World. Very unique and has a small campus feel despite the large student body. The surrounding area has also been bought up mostly by the university and other businesses so the area has become a lot cooler and safer at the same time. I had several crime-related issues during my 5 years, but nothing too crazy. Downtown is fun, the banks is brand new and awesome - the Reds and Bengals stadiums are within a few miles of campus. Cincinnati FC soccer plays at Nippert (oldest on campus football stadium in America, btw - and newly upgraded) OTR is updated and fun - Newport, KY is a blast and right across the river.

I loved everything about my time at UC. Especially as a northeast kid going to a brand new city alone without knowing anyone. I don't regret it one bit.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.

The tea leaves definitely suggest this is a X/Cuse battle. X has been on him for a Long time and him and his family have a great relationship with X and I'd assume they have playing time available and to the common eye we don't but that's just not true. We need shooting BAD. He'll come in a play right away at a top 10 program and the best conference in the nation. Let's see what happens I'm not feeling great about this but not bad either. We'll see lady's and gents my lover could sure used a break from this team!

You're one of 2 people I didn't want to hear a hint of negative word from.
I'm not happy about it. I HATE bearing bad news. I'd be the happiest wrong person in the solar system.

The playing time stuff makes no sense to me. Big schools still get good recruits over smaller programs all the time. There is no way to spin it otherwise, Xavier isn't in our class. They remind me of us, 40 years ago. No real tournament success. A less significant league by a long shot. And we are closer to home. The only thing that scares me, and with this kid, I think it is kinda big, is that they were on him long before we were.
We were on Quade a long time

What
I mean that he is a kid that is going to go to a place that he feels is right for him. I felt good about us vs Duke for that reason. I was worried about Nova. And now with Xavier. They have been on him the longest.

How does Boeheim follow up post visit? Serious question. Or does he just let it go while internalizing, "This is Syracuse. He'll come." I could see him not wanting to chase guys. But, if Mack and co. at X have been on him the longest and he truly appeciates and values that then it's a wrap. I'm more concerned with PG.

What is this dude talking about?

Roberts was indeed if I remember correctly. He reminded me of a poor man's Kenyon Martin in terms of aggression/rebounding when he was coming out. He was a 4* Top 50 guy in an absolutely loaded 2003 class.

I mean that he is a kid that is going to go to a place that he feels is right for him. I felt good about us vs Duke for that reason. I was worried about Nova. And now with Xavier. They have been on him the longest.

Exactly. I was very worried about Villanova. This kid is a quality person. He has great values, like many of us have been saying. Xavier is a good program and he must feel they are a great fit for him but he also apparently. puts a tremendous amount of stock into how loyal they've been to them. Guess it's trending that way, and I wish him well if that's his landing spot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors