Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footwork matters more if you’re a center and hes not , hes a forward. He’s a 6’8” streaky shooter with less than ideal 3 point %.
Not sure you have the right Cole.

He has played 3 years of college ball.

3 point shooting percentages have gone from 28% to 35% to over 40%.

I think he has proven he can shoot from the outside. If there are issues with him, they are not related to outside shooting.

I think he has proven he can shoot from the outside. If there are issues with him, they are not related to outside shooting.

He was talking about Jimmy. Sorry, we should take that discussion elsewhere.

...and at 6-9 225 we should be wondering if he can finish around the rim. Not his 3pt %

How would you compare him to Quincy or really anyone we currently have or had this past season that we asked to play inside?
Q vs Jimmy? Night and day. Q’s way more athletic and skilled than Jimmy will ever be and he can jump out the gym. And he’s not a center either. But he can rebound and finish with both hands. If we had to rely on jimmy to board and defend downlow we would get killed on the boards worse than we have without a center this year.

I was talking about Jimmy , not Cole

Go after a BigEast guy they recruited at Marquette, go after a BigEast guy they recruited at Nova. Go after a BigEast guy they recruited at GTown? Seems like a strategy.

Q vs Jimmy? Night and day. Q’s way more athletic and skilled than Jimmy will ever be and he can jump out the gym. And he’s not a center either. But he can rebound and finish with both hands. If we had to rely on jimmy to board and defend downlow we would get killed on the boards worse than we have without a center this year.
Last response then ill keep this on Cole. You didn't watch Syracuse basketball if you just said that Quincy finishes with both hands. Jimmy isn't a center so I'm not sure why you keep on with the center comparisons. Footwork is huge playing down low even for our wings and Jimmy has better footwork then anyone on the team...u should watch some tape. Q is way more athletic and can get up more and is our best rebounder so there's that. The finishing part with both hands tho is a real head scratcher.

You changed the subject. The discussion was about post moves and footwork.

Last response then ill keep this on Cole. You didn't watch Syracuse basketball if you just said that Quincy finishes with both hands. Jimmy isn't a center so I'm not sure why you keep on with the center comparisons. Footwork is huge playing down low even for our wings and Jimmy has better footwork then anyone on the team...u should watch some tape. Q is way more athletic and can get up more and is our best rebounder so there's that. The finishing part with both hands tho is a real head scratcher.
He has numerous times finished with both hands. For you to mention jimmy downlow makes me think you no nothing about basketball but i mean that in a nice way because i like you.

You changed the subject. The discussion was about post moves and footwork.
How would you compare him to Quincy or really anyone we currently have or had this past season that we asked to play inside?

That’s what I responded to. So I didn’t change any subject.

He has numerous times finished with both hands. For you to mention jimmy downlow makes me think you no nothing about basketball but i mean that in a nice way because i like you.
Can't recall a single time Quincy finished anything other then with his dominant hand. And there's literally tape you can watch on both players. It is what it is and we see things different and that's fine. Agree to disagree! Let's get Cole and see how things play out for our roster.

I'm married to a Nova grad and have seen a lot of Swider over the last couple of years. He's VERY inconsistent.

I feel Cole is better than Quincy and really any current forwards we had except for Marek
I like Marek, but his inability to hit mid-range jumpers when the defense is giving it to him is unacceptable. If he hit a few against Houston(totally uncontested) , it could have loosened up their defense and gave them a chance.

I'm married to a Nova grad and have seen a lot of Swider over the last couple of years. He's VERY inconsistent.

I watched him a lot too. He is just a poor fit for their offense. It never was a good fit. He made his fair share of 3s and didn't take a ton of shots. Talented kid who maybe in a better fitting system could thrive. Decent athlete not great. Good bball IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom