Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Cole...I feel I should put that out there seeing as though I've shown a bit of reluctance. I just don't want us to get too slow. Gotta see how the rest of things shake out I guess. 40% 3point shooter is hard to pass regardless.
I hear you, we need to upgrade our athleticism. But, a former top 40 recruit would be a nice addition. We have so many spots to fill, it would be impressive if we can get a Cole Swider. If Q comes back, we may end up with a really nice forward rotation. I wouldn't mind a beefy 6'10 athlete that can play the 4 or 5 to round out the forwards. Maybe an athletic swing player as well.

Cole was rated the 38th best player in the class of 2018. It could well be that his issues with defense will be reduced playing in the 2-3 zone.

Would we be thinking of him as a 5 though? I would hope not but given his foot speed as a defender I do wonder.

I like Cole...I feel I should put that out there seeing as though I've shown a bit of reluctance. I just don't want us to get too slow. Gotta see how the rest of things shake out I guess. 40% 3point shooter is hard to pass regardless.
You like jimmy more remember...

You like jimmy more remember...
I do. I think ur way under rating Jimmy's game but that's just my opinion. I still like Swider and I'm not crazy on building a slower team then what we already have but like I said, gotta see how things play out. Regardless we will need bodies. Is what it is...id like us to get more athletic but ill reserve judgement until things are finalized.

Lol my eyes are on the Bryce Golden thread too now.

a 2nd chance for you
A 2nd chance for you
And a 2nd chance for you
What? Did I miss him transferring?

**I see now u were joking...wouldn't surprise me if he does lol**

I do. I think ur way under rating Jimmy's game but that's just my opinion. I still like Swider and I'm not crazy on building a slower team then what we already have but like I said, gotta see how things play out. Regardless we will need bodies. Is what it is...id like us to get more athletic but ill reserve judgement until things are finalized.
Fair enough, i think you’re giving Jimmy too much credit for an average player, that played against lesser competition. And still shot 29% from 3 last year.

Fair enough, i think you’re giving Jimmy too much credit for an average player, that played in against lesser competition. And still shot 29% from 3 last year.
Fair enough and maybe I am. But he has more post moves then anyone on our current team and better footwork. Older kid who is mature. I think if used properly he could be a nice addition. Same can be said for Swider I suppose. I just want to see us bring in more of a high flyer type but I'm not sure if that's going to happen and we need a guard that can get in the lane and by his defender to make plays for these type of guys. Lots of kinks to work out still.

Lol my eyes are on the Bryce Golden thread too now.

a 2nd chance for you
A 2nd chance for you
And a 2nd chance for you

How about the center that chose St. Bonaventure? Now that would be a huge pickup.

Fair enough and maybe I am. But he has more post moves then anyone on our current team and better footwork. Older kid who is mature. I think if used properly he could be a nice addition. Same can be said for Swider I suppose. I just want to see us bring in more of a high flyer type but I'm not sure if that's going to happen and we need a guard that can get in the lane and by his defender to make plays for these type of guys. Lots of kinks to work out still.
Footwork matters more if you’re a center and hes not , hes a forward. He’s a 6’8” streaky shooter with less than ideal 3 point %.

Footwork matters more if you’re a center and hes not , hes a forward. He’s a 6’8” streaky shooter with less than ideal 3 point %.
220 pounds and he’ll be 23 next season though so he can bang inside with skinny forwards like most freshman/sophomores are at that position.

Only shot 54% at the rim in 19-20 but hopefully the time he’s spent in the gym plus his size will make him a threat inside. I think he’ll be more than solid. Just not a star but we don’t need him to be haha

How would you compare him to Quincy or really anyone we currently have or had this past season that we asked to play inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom