Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saving his "official" as a committed guy...go to a game and get wined and dined. Smart.

Damn you Jay Wright. Respect him, and their program, but not sure why Swider would go there if his goal is the NBA. We are pumping out 1st rounders, that looked like they would need more time. May be a kid who wants a degree, and loves Nova. His life, not mine. Won't be bitter. Well, I'll try not to. Philly area, eh. Anyway.

Oh well. Hopefully Baze really enjoys his visit, and we get good news there. I assume Baze will take a bit longer in his decision, but would be just fine if he wanted to say yes on his visit. He's the game changer for us, IMO.

Damn you Jay Wright. Respect him, and their program, but not sure why Swider would go there if his goal is the NBA. We are pumping out 1st rounders, that looked like they would need more time. May be a kid who wants a degree, and loves Nova. His life, not mine. Won't be bitter. Well, I'll try not to. Philly area, eh. Anyway.

Oh well. Hopefully Baze really enjoys his visit, and we get good news there. I assume Baze will take a bit longer in his decision, but would be just fine if he wanted to say yes on his visit. He's the game changer for us, IMO.

Ehh. Bazley wants a U.K. Offer. I'm not getting my hopes up.

We had shooters last year (aw, lydon, thompson, battle) and sucked

Well, you've gotta play on both sides of the ball. For how many seasons did we look like Pitt - elite defense and nobody who could score?

How do you know that and I'd rather have bazely if given the choice of the 2?

Just common sense. And others more knowledgeable than myself have agreed with me.

Ehh. Bazley wants a U.K. Offer. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm gonna get my hopes up. Screw it. They keep getting crushed anyway. I'm immune to it.

Though, I love our roster, and future regardless. 2017 filled out fine, and 2018 has only just begun.

Nova doesn't make sense to me. Hart barely got in the 1st after spending his life there. Who else? Foye, and Lowry ages ago. All guards.

We need to find someone who can stretch the defense.

We have guys already that can do that. I know we want an elite shooter like Cole, but we have shooters.

Feels like we used win this type of recruiting battle all the time but Quade, Tucker, and now this recruitment has zapped a lot of that confidence. Not going to panic but it would be nice to win one of these big recruiting battles again. Starting to feel like the fball recruiting when it comes to 5 stars.

He knew where he wanted to go all along. I respect that he just got it over with, and we can move on.

Best of luck to him.

Next.

We really had to have Battle but the whole thing kind of rubbed me wrong. He commits somewhere else and we continue to work the dad to get a visit and flip him. I'm not saying we broke any rules but can you imagine this board if Calipari had done that.
That's not what happened.

It was just a matter of time before Nova started capitalizing on its national title.

I wish Cole well too. He's going to a great program with a great coach.

Let's hope we target a few more shooters. Most importantly, we need to target more point guards. Jalen Carey is possible but we need a few alternatives (and David Duke isn't one of them, realistically).

He's going to be a more athletic and skilled Kris Jenkins. He'll do fine there and Nova can get him to the league without any worries. I bet Wright's system is really fun to play in and the culture/bulldog/work ethic Wright installs there is probably very appealing. No doubt in my mind that the logjam of forwards here is probably a deterrent but the more the merrier! Oh well. I'm okay with this if it means Carey or Duke (assuming he doesn't go to the Friars) doesn't get botched up.

I wish Cole well too. He's going to a great program with a great coach.

Let's hope we target a few more shooters. Most importantly, we need to target more point guards. Jalen Carey is possible but we need a few alternatives (and David Duke isn't one of them, realistically).

We should offer Noah Locke or try and get Jalen Lecque to reclassify. I hope we get someone who's skilled and not just an athlete on the wing, but I'll believe it when I see it. For whatever reason we are struggling to sign elite guys right now.

Feels like we used win this type of recruiting battle all the time but Quade, Tucker, and now this recruitment has zapped a lot of that confidence. Not going to panic but it would be nice to win one of these big recruiting battles again. Starting to feel like the fball recruiting when it comes to 5 stars.

When you look back over the last several years, we haven't won many major recruiting battles. Only one that comes to mind is Battle. The ability to be able to land a blue chip PG for 2018 will be telling.

He isn't picking Syracuse.
That sucks . We are really struggling right now to land one of these top 50 kids. Hopefully we can turn it around. I wanted Swider real bad. If they had gotten him and then Carey we'd be in great shape for 2018.

I'm gonna get my hopes up. Screw it. They keep getting crushed anyway. I'm immune to it.

Though, I love our roster, and future regardless. 2017 filled out fine, and 2018 has only just begun.

Nova doesn't make sense to me. Hart barely got in the 1st after spending his life there. Who else? Foye, and Lowry ages ago. All guards.

Not directing this at you specifically because this belief is widely held, but IMO the notion that going to Nova (or school X) diminishes your NBA exposure is overblown at best.

HS talents like Swider are already on the NBA radar; he is playing in the NBA Top 100 camp and is already considered one of the best shooting 4s in the class. Swider, and players like him, are already being scouted and profiled by the NBA.

At the end of the day, it's talent and potential that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom