Class of 2025 - SF Sadiq White (NC / IMG) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/29/24) | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SF Sadiq White (NC / IMG) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/29/24)

There it is!
Don’t you mean…
GIF image.gif

great pickup. Anthony will be huge as well. Seems like white is a candidate to make a climb up the rankings next year as he continues to fill out.

Not to sound like a Debbie Downer, it’s always awesome to land a big recruit! But am I the only person that finds it hard to get as excited over commits these days given the landscape of college athletics?
Then don’t get excited. No one is forcing you too

Is White a bigger hype recruit than Freeman??

Love that we're starting to get the diamonds again...

Sadiq is going to be so much fun to watch in the Dome. That athleticism is just off the charts. I'm still floored that we were able to pull a Top 25-ish recruit out of NC, of all states.
No Carolina schools in his top 7. Must wanna get away. I assume schools like Wake and Clemson offered, but maybe not UNC or Duke. I believe NC St and South Carolina did

Then don’t get excited. No one is forcing you too
Never said anyone was. Instead of letting your defensive impulse drive you maybe take the time to realize my point is more about how sad it is that a big time recruit is likely either flipping or leaving for a bigger pay day than it is in telling people how they should feel. Absolutely wasn’t the latter.

I’m pumped for the commitment, but also realizing that the chances of him flipping for a bag are far greater now than they were in years past due to the NIL and basic free agency every offseason. That kind of kills the excitement around recruiting and it really, really sucks.

By the way, this is one of the two recruits I was referring to weeks back. The other one is pretty easy to figure out right now.
Is it London Jemison? Lol Carmelo will be happy with the next commit.

Well, you have narrowed it down to two.
Seems LJ visited officially, second visit. Unless it was just sloppy reporting. Any idea if the staff is looking to add him as a bookend forward to White? Don't know if their skillsets are complimentary. But would be a nice athleticism boost to the front line.

Not to sound like a Debbie Downer, it’s always awesome to land a big recruit! But am I the only person that finds it hard to get as excited over commits these days given the landscape of college athletics?
Nothing is like it was. Hopefully the entertainment value of the sport (really what it’s about) can withstand adjustment to this new reality. They have built it. Will we come?