Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 117 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Battle doesn't start, I think it will have recruiting repercussions. Also, he is a stud and has as much zone experience as Gillon (zero). I'll be extraordinarily surprised if TB doesn't start at the beginning of the season.

Nobody really knows where White is going and a guy on a message board was wrong. "Shocking"
tumblr_inline_o4qlbbszUS1t2fziz_500.gif

If Battle doesn't start, I think it will have recruiting repercussions. Also, he is a stud and has as much zone experience as Gillon (zero). I'll be extraordinarily surprised if TB doesn't start at the beginning of the season.

Yeah, I can't disagree with your sentiment. I was thinking they may convince him based on how successful Dion was coming in off the bench. I don't envy the coaches. It's a very difficult job to keep the players happy and satisfied with their PT and starting assignments. Over the years it seems our coaches and Orange tradition has cultivated a lot of unselfish players. Let's hope the team gelling part occurs.

The weather looks even better today than it did yesterday. If that's even possible ;)

Your comment will instantly generate 5 pages of comments. I thought when I came back around 6:30 and seeing 5 pages added to the thread the announcement came. I'm hoping today is the day!

I'll be back in hour or two. Nobody screw up the thread.

I agree. One mistake on defense will get a player yanked.

I was thinking Gillon, White, Lydon, Roberson, and Coleman as starters. White plays the 2 for three or four minutes so he's happy. Then Battle comes in off the bench like Dion Waiters used to do and plays the 2 spot. White slips down to the 3 spot. And Lydon swings over to the 4 or 5 depending if Roberson stays in. Then Chukwu and Howard get slipped in as needed. Moyer and TT get at most 8 to 10 minutes. I don't think Moyer will red-shirt as some people are suggesting. Howard subs for Gillon as needed.
After giving up four three-pointers in the first 3-4 minutes of the first five games, Boeheim will realize he never should have listened to Dave85 when deciding to start White at the 2.

After giving up four three-pointers in the first 3-4 minutes of the first five games, Boeheim will realize he never should have listened to Dave85 when deciding to start White at the 2.

I know my place. I never question any of JB's decisions. He's a really good coach. Anything he decides is gospel in my mind. I only say this after coaching my boys CYO teams. You don't know how good he really is until you try to doing it yourself!

"Tippy toe..."

Any perspective you can share about why it hasn't starting raining yet? The weather forecast indicated a storm front to wash away all of those salty MSU fans.
I believe the weather has held off rain because it would be a slap in the face and unprofessional to immediately rain on East Lansing. The weather wants to appear to think things over, even though meteorologists in Syracuse show 100% chance of sunshine all over CNY and rain all over East Lansing.

I believe the weather has held off rain because it would be a slap in the face and unprofessional to immediately rain on East Lansing. The weather wants to appear to think things over, even though meteorologists in Syracuse show 100% chance of sunshine all over CNY and rain all over East Lansing.
But what day is this forecast for?

I had a "vision" that Syracuse will have a serious threat from beyond the arc that it will allow Battle to slash to the hoop with ease.

It seems the chair is against the wall.

John has a long mustache.

John has a long mustache! John has a long mustache!

Last edited:
Okay, I'll bite. 83% of the three's made last year were made by 3 guys---G, Cooney, Malachi. All three now obviously gone. That is a helluva lot of perimeter shooting to replace (and although Lydon is a real good shooter, he only made 49 all season). So now you have a guy that averaged nearly 17 ppg in the Big Ten, who thought about going pro before pulling his name out, that shoots an insane 41% from three (which is even higher than Lydon's great team-leading percentage last year). On what planet doesn't he start on this year's shooting deprived team? (Gillon shot a very mediocre 33% last year--that's even lower than Cooney and Mali).
Gillon also shot 39% the two seasons before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom