Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 115 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just logically, no way is he coming here if he wasn't going to start and get minutes. The guy was honorable mention All-B1G last year on a bad team. I think you underestimate how good he is.
My shot at this
Pg - Starter Gillon 20 min, Battle 15 min, Howard 5 min
Sg - Starter White 15 min, Battle 15 min, Howard 10 min
Sf - Starter Lydon 20 min, White 15 min, Moyer 5 min
Pf - Starter Roberson 25 min, Lydon 10 min, TT 5 min
C - Starter DC2 15 min, PC 25 min

I like your list and times. It's really hard to come up with this list which you realize once you try. The only thing I would change is I think Moyer gets 8 to 10 minutes and White gets 25 to 27 minutes.

It's possible but I think ultimately Lydon will end up averaging 35+ mins.

Maybe in 8 man rotation world. But in a 10 man rotation world I think he will max out at 25. It's tough getting all the PT in with 10 guys.

I can't remember a Syracuse team where the time on court leader didn't average at least 34 minutes a game. Is it possible that this years team changes that? These first world problems are beautiful.

Lydon will be on the court as much as possible once ACC begins. He's our 35 minute guy.

There's a good chance that one of our point guards ends up in JB's dog house, where there is a vacancy since Kaleb transferred.

I can't remember a Syracuse team where the time on court leader didn't average at least 34 minutes a game. Is it possible that this years team changes that? These first world problems are beautiful.
even if we just go 8 deep i have a tough time seeing anyone getting 35 mins, just too many solid guys. i personally anticipate Lydon, Roberson, Gillon, White, Battle (you could argue Howard too very easily) all deserving to start . one will have to take one for the team, no worries. PC and DC probably deserve to start. one of them will have to take one for the team too. but if this team truly wants to be special i suspect JB can convince 2-3 guys to put Team first

even if we just go 8 deep i have a tough time seeing anyone getting 35 mins, just too many solid guys. i personally anticipate Lydon, Roberson, Gillon, White, Battle (you could argue Howard too very easily) all deserving to start . one will have to take one for the team, no worries. PC and DC probably deserve to start. one of them will have to take one for the team too. but if this team ttuly wants to be special i suspect JB can convince 2-3 guys to put Team first

Agreed. We'll have one or two guys getting 35, but depth this year will enable the others to play a few less minutes than in a normal JB rotation.

Depth has its privileges.

So after 40+ years, Boeheim is going to suddenly become Rick Pitino?

I think we have two data points of comparison--and both go back awhile--but in 2000, we had a deep roster and JB routinely played 9 guys [Griffin, Shumpert, MeShaun, Celuck].

In 2012, we had a deep roster and JB routinely played 9 guys [Dion, CJ, Fair, with MCW getting less consistent minutes].

I don't expect Pitino style freewheeling substitutions, but on the few occasions where we've had depth that he trusts, he's used it.

This upcoming season, I expect primarily an 8 player rotation, with capable backups Moyer / Thompson as the 9th and 10th players who get intermittent PT, but who are poised with much bigger roles the following year.

Last edited:
I think we have two data points of comparison--and both go back awhile--but in 2000, we had a deep roster and JB routinely played 9 guys [Griffin, Shumpert, MeShaun, Celuck].

In 2012, we had a deep roster and JB routinely played 9 guys [Dion, CJ, Fair, with MCW getting less consistent minutes].

I don't expect Pitino style freewheeling substitutions, but on the few occasions where we've had depth that he trusts, he's used it.
I really do believe that he is going to press nearly every game. And he may have a designated lineup for that, and that is how he will get TT and/or MM their minutes. I could see TT faceguarding the inbounder in the press with his size.

Couple things are for sure: it will be fun to watch how it all falls out and it will generate endless threads about substitutions made and not made. It will also be a huge shot in the arm for the "Boeheimed" Thread market.

I really do believe that he is going to press nearly every game. And he may have a designated lineup for that, and that is how he will get TT and/or MM their minutes. I could see TT faceguarding the inbounder in the press with his size.
imo if you look how often we pressed in ncaas , we will press roughly that much, probably a little more because we have way more depth and an ideal pressing lineup. but by no means will it be every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom