Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - "Johnny Come Lately" - PUSH

2 - What does this mean? They have a day care for players' kids during practices and games? They give same s e x partner health benefits? Don't all programs with coaching staffs with signficant tenure have a "great" family atmosphere. Sure some talk about it more than others. Boeheim's Army is a pretty good advertisement for our family atmosphere as was the outpouring for Pearl. PUSH

3 - Pretty much a PUSH - but not sure they're headed there this season and what else matters to a one year hired gun.

4 - This is dumb. Would be a consideration for Thompson not for a guy who will have no eligibility remaining after next season. NO FACTOR

5 - Yeah!! Chaminade gets great pre season exposure too...so what? Cuse gets great exposure beginning in November and continuing through elimination in March. I am an east coast guy, but live in a Big Ten Network market, so I may be prejudiced a bit...but what exposure does the Big Ten really get? Friday night at the Rock Fights?? Do people outside of the Big 10 tune in for those ugly games?

6 - PUSH

7 - Throw in - Pretty deep competition at target position(s)

If we are looking for differentiators between SU and other programs, a big one for somebody like AW would be our NBA track record. I think it is 5 years in a row with a first round pick and 9 of the last 10 years (or something close to that). That list includes a few guys with similar size and/or skill sets to AW.

You continue to double-down with every post you make... it's one thing to express supreme optimism based on very recent information... but we have no direct insight into his MSU visit. You, sir, will be joining the likes of JohnSyracuse IF you are right. Although, next time, don't reveal your sources. It keeps the mystery alive.

This guy is being kind enough to share the bits of information that he has with us regarding White possibly coming here. However much you emotionally invest in this is totally on you. There is no need to hold any sort of hostility towards him for passing things along.

This list would be useful if MSU was up against Rutgers or VCU, but not Syracuse. Know the competition. Taking #4 out of the equation as stability through April 2017 shouldn't be an issue, SU can match MSU item for item. Why is preseason more important than later in the season? I doubt it comes down to, "I like the fact that SU plays Duke, Louisville, and UNC, but I can't get past that Holy Cross game in November."
We also play at Wisconson vs Georgetown (what time is it) St Johns, UConn (MSG) and South Carolina in Brooklyn.

I don't even know johnsyracuse so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

And speak for yourself when you say "we" have no insight into his MSU visit.
I'm just going based on your comments that your information is pre-MSU visit. Everyone has been quick to point out that these things can change on a moment's notice. I like your optimism. I hope you're right. In fact, your steadfast confidence has been reassuring since the news of his MSU visit. Anyone who thinks I'm trying to discourage your contributions is just trolling. Some posters here seem more mental and more thin-skinned than my MIL, and that's saying something. Just because I'm not 100% sold that he will sign with SU does not mean I'm threatening you, and the very fact that some posters are trying to insinuate this suggests their maturity level. Being compared to JohnSyracuse is like being compared to the messiah. A surprising number of comments indicate that many don't know who this deity is which means we have a lot of new faces.

Last edited:
Some posters here seem more mental and more thin-skinned than my MIL, and that's saying something.
Co-sign (not that I know your MIL, although I do know mine). I mean, I thought we were New York's college team.

I don't even know johnsyracuse so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

And speak for yourself when you say "we" have no insight into his MSU visit.
Hey, what do you think about Miami? They seem a more realistic threat than MSU.

He is NOT going to Michigan State. He was guaranteed minutes at 2 at Syracuse and Michigan State couldn't guarantee any definitive number of minutes.

That my friends is a fact.
Stop.

Your lashing out at llandz after she tried to defend you was the first sign that you have issues. Don't you realize claiming AW3 had his mind made up prior to visiting MSU would put AW3 in a bad light. Even if you knew this information (which is highly questionable) to say it is irresponsible.

Now, you're claiming as "fact" that he was guaranteed minutes at the 2 here. BS. If true, this would put JB in a bad light, that he isn't allowing others a legitimate chance. So, once again, even if you knew this as a fact (which you don't) it would be against SU's best interests to broadcast.

And how would you possibly know what MSU has done? Or said? Or did during his recent visit? You don't.

So just stop with the "That my friends is a fact" nonsense.

Now in fairness, the guy did not post reasons why MSU is better than Syracuse for AW, just reasons that are positives for MSU. He didn't lie about any of those positives. We are naturally inclined to compare those positives to our own because we know we're in a competition for the kid's services. But he wasn't a jerk about it or anything. MSU and SU are about as peer group as you can get in MBB.

Understand entirely what you are saying, but the exercise at this stage is pretty dumb. We appear to be in a head to head with MSU that SU seemed to be leading. So simply reciting reasons that any player may view playing at MSU favorably offers nothing of value to the conversation here, while he's at it why not tell us why Duke, UK and KU look attractive to recruits.

If he could tell us what is it about MSU or SU that is causing AWIII to hold off on formally announcing a commitment to SU, that would be a great value added to this conversation. (edit which is where you are headed in #2422)

Look comrades, White will be wearing orange. Chill out, lets all get along.
Members of the tin-foil club will continue to interpret this as Miami is the only other school to be worried about.

Wow! I didnt mean to set off a firestorm. It's only recruiting-we're not talking Baton Rouge, Nice, Turkey etc.
I could back up my list of points, but we'll know soon enough.
BTW I don't think anyone here knows where he is going.

Stop.

Your lashing out at llandz after she tried to defend you was the first sign that you have issues. Don't you realize claiming AW3 had his mind made up prior to visiting MSU would put AW3 in a bad light. Even if you knew this information (which is highly questionable) to say it is irresponsible.

Now, you're claiming as "fact" that he was guaranteed minutes at the 2 here. BS. If true, this would put JB in a bad light, that he isn't allowing others a legitimate chance. So, once again, even if you knew this as a fact (which you don't) it would be against SU's best interests to broadcast.

And how would you possibly know what MSU has done? Or said? Or did during his recent visit? You don't.

Why so angry? This guy told us we would get TT. We did.

Next...

Stop.

By the way... You don't think Carmelo Anthony was GUARANTEED significant minutes if he came to Syracuse?!?! :rolling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom