So the 8 man rotation feels pretty locked in | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

So the 8 man rotation feels pretty locked in

I love having legacies on the squad. Some may be as good as pop, some may not be. But as a program, I love that Coach will find a way to let sone of these guys be part of the SU experience. My guess is JB and Billy Owens and Chaz have had a Frank conversation about how he fits, and if he achieves more than that no one can say he hasn’t had an opportunity. I’m sure Billy would love to have his son starring at SU or at another big time program. But if that is unrealistic, how great is it to just be at SU and be on the team. The kid probably grew up as a huge SU fan. He’s living a dream. Maybe not the whole dream, but a good dream. I’m glad he’s got that chance.

For the record all I ever said about Chaz is that I think he could be a 4th guard on a team with a three guard rotation, (the break glass in emergency guy), and the 10th guy in a 5 on 5 practice scrimmage. I have no expectations beyond that but am not adverse to being pleasantly surprised. I think he's better than Braedon Bayer.

For the record all I ever said about Chaz is that I think he could be a 4th guard on a team with a three guard rotation, (the break glass in emergency guy), and the 10th guy in a 5 on 5 practice scrimmage. I have no expectations beyond that but am not adverse to being pleasantly surprised. I think he's better than Braedon Bayer.

THE Legendary Braeden Bayer!? Do tell!

Downgrade on things he probably doesn’t care about. The strength of their team will probably be similar to our team again.

Kids that can get to the NBA, care about the NBA. Here is last year's All NBA teams and what college that each went to. Also, at the very beginning of the season, 131 D1 teams had NBA players on a roster, counting two ways. Duke and UK are in a group to themselves. Like five others (none being Syracuse) are in double figures. We are who we are right now. Let's hope we put another guy in Benny in the NBA from next year's team.

2019-20
FIRST TEAM
F: Giannis Antetokounmpo - No US college
F: LeBron James - No US college
G: James Harden - ASU
C: Anthony Davis - UK
G: Luka Doncic - No US college

SECOND TEAM
F: Kawhi Leonard - SDSU
C: Nikola Jokic - No US college
G: Damian Lillard - Weber St
G: Chris Paul - WF
F: Pascal Siakam - NMSU

THIRD TEAM
F: Jayson Tatum - Duke
F: Jimmy Butler - Marquette
C: Rudy Gobert - No US college
G: Ben Simmons - LSU
G: Russell Westbrook - UCLA

These are Chaz’s other offers.

028BD9D8-69E2-4C1D-B938-CEEA8E05C0B2.png

I have some former students who’ve played lacrosse there. It’s in Lakewood, NJ, I think.
I know that Clarion is in Pennsylvania, but I had honestly never heard of Georgian Court before today.

With Pearl Washington on the team Sherm Douglas played in 27 games and played over 303 minutes as a freshman.
He wasn’t a project.

I doubt Chaz will play 303 minutes if he stays here 4 years.

Was that my point?

mess that my point?
Your point was responding to a point on which players we brought in that were projects.

So you bringing Sherman Douglas into that discussion was about what?
You said an accurate point that Syracuse was his only division 1
Offer.
If that wasn’t about players we brought in as projects what was your point?
I can add facts to threads of yours going forward if you like.

Your point was responding to a point on which players we brought in that were projects.

So you bringing Sherman Douglas into that discussion was about what?
You said an accurate point that Syracuse was his only division 1
Offer.
If that wasn’t about players we brought in as projects what was your point?
I can add facts to threads of yours going forward if you like.

such a long post to my 4 words. My post was in response to a post saying these guys had P5 offers and chaz didn’t. My post was simply sherm had none. I can show you an nba player that had none out of HS and just one low D1 after a year of prep. I can show you another SU player that had none after HS then got a couple Ivys after a year of prep. Meaning just because a player doesn’t have a P5 offer isn’t the end all. Pretty simple. But you’re fired up today.

such a long post to my 4 words. My post was in response to a post saying these guys had P5 offers and chaz didn’t. My post was simply sherm had none. I can show you an nba player that had none out of HS and just one low D1 after a year of prep. I can show you another SU player that had none after HS then got a couple Ivys after a year of prep. Meaning just because a player doesn’t have a P5 offer isn’t the end all. Pretty simple. But you’re fired up today.
Chaz didn’t have a D1 offer let alone a power 5 one.

I know players, some who went to SU, who could have played at a lower level but preferred to walk in at a D1 school to get an edge on a future coaching career too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom