Sorry smokers | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Sorry smokers

No, you're old and have thin blood and the heat doesn't bother you, see geographical location known as Florida for further evidence of this phenomenon. I have a son in marching band and sit outside plenty a crappy saturday to watch his shows in the cold, rain, sleet, etc. You can add more clothes, you can add parkas, you can add hot chocolate. What you can't do is escape the heat from a Fri night steamer at the Carrier. I'm not overweight, in decent physical shape, and have sweat so bad in the dome my shirt was saturated. CNY'ers are accustomed to the wet and cold, we are not accustomed to bible belt levels of heat and humidity.

Disagree, Pyle. I just belong to a much tougher generation.

Disagree, Pyle. I just belong to a much tougher generation.

Those damn kids! They sweat to the point of dehydration, but muscle up and stay in your seat. Drink some water.

Screw some fresh air for nonsmokers, or those damn kids who like to toss around the football at half. I don't care if they don't let people smoke. Great. Destiny USA doesn't either. Have some security, but let people out. Yeah, some will sneak one in. Oh well. I feel bad for whoever has to sit next to me. I'm not some obese guy, but I like to go outside so I'm not a sitting pile of sweat. Stretch out, get away from the noise for a few minutes. Just not tough enough, I guess.

I'm all for putting restriction on smoking (i.e. limiting it to isolated areas that are removed from non-smokers), but a 100% ban is a mistake.
There is no smoking ban. It's a re-entry ban. Applies to all.

Those damn kids! They sweat to the point of dehydration, but muscle up and stay in your seat. Drink some water.

Screw some fresh air for nonsmokers, or those damn kids who like to toss around the football at half. I don't care if they don't let people smoke. Great. Destiny USA doesn't either. Have some security, but let people out. Yeah, some will sneak one in. Oh well. I feel bad for whoever has to sit next to me. I'm not some obese guy, but I like to go outside so I'm not a sitting pile of sweat. Stretch out, get away from the noise for a few minutes. Just not tough enough, I guess.

"Sweat to the point of dehydration"?
"Sitting a pile of sweat"?

Minor inconveniences restated as cataclysmic events. Sounds exactly what I'm talking about.

"Sweat to the point of dehydration"?
"Sitting a pile of sweat"?

Minor inconveniences restated as cataclysmic events. Sounds exactly what I'm talking about.

Hyperbole, yes. But, no reason that no one should not be able to step out at the half. I guess we can just leave, so it's not jail. I stay until the crowd rushes to their cars, and drive home nice and easy.

Just nice to get outside, talk to other fans, get some air, then go back in and root for the Cuse. I put all my energy into cheering. Added on to getting bitched at for standing up, I can't even go outside.

Hyperbole, yes. But, no reason that no one should not be able to step out at the half. I guess we can just leave, so it's not jail. I stay until the crowd rushes to their cars, and drive home nice and easy.

Just nice to get outside, talk to other fans, get some air, then go back in and root for the Cuse. I put all my energy into cheering. Added on to getting bitched at for standing up, I can't even go outside.
Sounds reasonable.

But so might the University's reasons for prohibiting it.

I've seen dip cups spilled and people spitting right on the floor. It's disgusting.

Yeah I just don't see how having people spitting black phlegm into plastic water bottles is a net positive from the perspective of SU.

It's gross to look at that's all that needs to be said.

Yes I would also ban individuals who are gross to look at.

We pay an enormous cost for people who can't stop stuffing food and soda in their mouths and become overweight to obese. Diabetes, high blood pressure, hypertension, hip,knee and foot problems and on and on. All the added cost of growing and transporting food that people don't need, etc.
THIS.

Maybe in our lifetime we'll see this country launch an all-out war against the obesity epidemic. I can look forward to well placed before-and-after ads:

This is Sally when she graduated high school. And this is Sally now.

And the Fat Tax. Chains already have to disclose calorie counts. It's just a matter of when they get slapped with a federal and state surcharge. If Marlboro can fall, so can McDonalds.

THIS.

Maybe in our lifetime we'll see this country launch an all-out war against the obesity epidemic. I can look forward to well placed before-and-after ads:

This is Sally when she graduated high school. And this is Sally now.

And the Fat Tax. Chains already have to disclose calorie counts. It's just a matter of when they get slapped with a federal and state surcharge. If Marlboro can fall, so can McDonalds.

Alcohol too.

I know, let's forbid the manufacture of alcoholic spirits. We can call it "Prohibition".

Alcohol too.

I know, let's forbid the manufacture of alcoholic spirits. We can call it "Prohibition".

I'm just glad their were pioneers who already experienced this. The Government loves doing things for the first time, but not always the second.

And many thanks to the bootleggers who refused to let demand follow the law.

Alcohol too.

Nobody is saying to ban anything. Just tax the crapola out of it.

I'm just glad their were pioneers who already experienced this. The Government loves doing things for the first time, but not always the second.

And many thanks to the bootleggers who refused to let demand follow the law.

This "noble experiment" almost ruined the Country.

This "noble experiment" almost ruined the Country.

Even more reason why they won't make the same mistake twice and I can keep drinking.

I like when we're all on the same page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom