Southerland out | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Southerland out

Do you really think working part time is the same as playing basketball and training for the majority of your day?

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

It took me SEVEN YEARS to pay off my loans. Just thinking about how much more money I'd have in my retirement account or how much more of my mortgage I'd have paid off, makes me want to puke.

I don't want to hear any -king whining about how tough scholarship athletes have it. Don't like the deal? Adios!

James must think that 23k d league contract is in the bank. Who needs class? #setforlife

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

It took me SEVEN YEARS to pay off my loans. Just thinking about how much more money I'd have in my retirement account or how much more of my mortgage I'd have paid off, makes me want to puke.

I don't want to hear any -king whining about how tough scholarship athletes have it. Don't like the deal? Adios!
Ah, apologies for being a hothead. I'm really not a jerk, just passionate about certain things. Sorry either way.

It was definitely academics and nothing about the entire season was brought up it was more indefinite
Fab's was indefinite at this point on the timeline.

I reckon that means he failed to turn in a term paper or something . . . probably got an incomplete and needs to finish the work & wait for the grade to post. it happens every semester to non-athletes, too, but we don't hear about it. I, for one, took probably half a dozen incompletes in my time.

it does mean he will garner a boatload of 9th place votes in this week's player rankings.
That was a common hypothesis about the incompletes during last year's Fab Melo drama. Didn't end up that way. Just sayin'

Could have swore when Fab first had to sit, they were saying something along the lines of it being a "misunderstanding" too.

Who supervises them?
Bernie. No, no fooling. somebody pointed out last year the Bernie was in charge of the team academics and when Fab had a issue, the question was, who took over that responsibilty.

Do you really think working part time is the same as playing basketball and training for the majority of your day? It's not a parallel and if you think it is, let's not waste our time arguing as we both probably don't think the other is being rational.

That's a ridiculous assertion. The point was that intelligent "time management" underlies success in either, and it's completely correct in this context. I have two degrees, cum laude in each, worked three different jobs, earned an academic scholarship during the same time. I also ran X-C two years and played basketball for one in a JC during the whole process as well. And nobody followed me around to make sure I was "gettin' it done."

That's a ridiculous assertion. The point was that intelligent "time management" underlies success in either, and it's completely correct in this context.
Got it, thanks! I apologized, let it go, moved on. I suggest you do the same, unless you are trying to provoke.

Got it, thanks! I apologized, let it go, moved on. I suggest you do the same, unless you are trying to provoke.

Fair enough, didn't see that, thanks. It's done.

Fair enough, didn't see that, thanks. It's done.
All good man; as you can see, this team and its drama brings out the best and worst of me and probably most of us.
Should have seen me in 2003 :D

Maybe he's not a kid by your definition, but I know I have matured a lot since my last year of college!
But if you're just going to take a segment of what I wrote, would you care to refute my point about them playing D1 basketball, at a national championship caliber contender no less?
Can you imagine that pressure and time commitment?
Most of us are not in their situations, so don't tell me anything is easy when you don't wear their shoes.

Doesn't matter. He knew the deal. He didn't live up to his part of the bargain. It is VERY VERY hard to become Ineligible. SU is a university first and foremost. Are you suggesting that doesn't matter?

Doesn't matter. He knew the deal. He didn't live up to his part of the bargain. It is VERY VERY hard to become Ineligible. SU is a university dirt and foremost. Are you suggesting that doesn't matter?
I am certainly not suggesting SU is a university dirt, whatever that means.

I am certainly not suggesting SU is a university dirt, whatever that means.
Lol...what you have implied is that athletic performance is more important than academic achievement. I disagree with you...

Lol...what you have implied is that athletic performance is more important than academic achievement. I disagree with you...
Didn't mean to imply that but I can see how it looked now. You're right. They are students dirt/first and foremost :p
He should have been better than that, especially as a senior, guy to be looked to lead this team with maturity.

Bees, hearing any whispers how long this Ineligibility will last?

Have not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Not really.
You know more than I do but if Stan left because of Fab (as some reported on the site), James' pending status couldn't have helped. Whenever Stan left, the team must have had an idea that it was going to be close with James' status for the Spring Semester. Or maybe not.

I reckon that means he failed to turn in a term paper or something . . . probably got an incomplete and needs to finish the work & wait for the grade to post. it happens every semester to non-athletes, too, but we don't hear about it. I, for one, took probably half a dozen incompletes in my time.

it does mean he will garner a boatload of 9th place votes in this week's player rankings.

Unfortunately, the torches have been lit and the mob is coming for James, JB and countless others in the basketball program.

But until we know more, I'm going with your voice of reason approach.

Unfortunately, the torches have been lit and the mob is coming for James, JB and countless others in the basketball program.

But until we know more, I'm going with your voice of reason approach.
Moqui's scenario would be a great outcome. Grant gets seasoning in the meantime.

Moqui's scenario would be a great outcome. Grant gets seasoning in the meantime.

I usually try not to rush to judgment. Even reading this board for 10+ years hasn't turned me.;)

I usually try not to rush to judgment. Even reading this board for 10+ years hasn't turned me.;)
I learned a lot by my reaction to Fab last year. I learned how NOT to act as a fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom