Southerland out | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Southerland out

Its sad to care more about syracuse basketball then whats on southerlands resume.
How many past syracuse players professional careers do you follow? Really?

Die hard syracuse basketball fans Care. As one I could tell you about each syracuse team in the last decade but couldn't name what one syracuse basketball player has become after college outside the game of basketball. And I am willing to bet 99% of the board is the same. So thets stop being apologists for things we don't really care about.

Agree. These people are really pretending to get more excited when Matt Gorman gets a job promotion than Cuse winning basketball games?

Fab last year was a bigger loss. Still sucks though...

it was but the offense looks lost today.. this team has won a lot of games but just doesn't have "it"

Agree. These people are really pretending to get more excited when Matt Gorman gets a job promotion than Cuse winning basketball games?

You're twisting this argument. We ALL want the team to win every game. But most of us understand that it's COLLEGE BASKETBALL. The players' are responsible for going to, and passing, their classes.

Whats the point of following a team if their is a 50% chance they will be derailed every year because one of the players has academic problems. It sucks big time for the fan. Makes me feel watching the team is all that is important and winning means nothing.

Its as rediculous as the new GPA rules. If the kids don't get a college degree oh well. Screw academics. College basketball is a mentoring program. These kids who play at top colleges are good enough to play pro somewhere and if not good enough to coach a jv, high school college team somewhere. And if not have a hell of a body for physical labor.
In the NBA all you have to do is practice to stay on the team and it has its share of thugs as well.

Its sad to care more about syracuse basketball then whats on southerlands resume.

Die hard syracuse basketball fans Care. As one I could tell you about each syracuse team in the last decade but couldn't name what one syracuse basketball player has become after college outside the game of basketball. And I am willing to bet 99% of the board is the same. So thets stop being apologists for things we don't really care about.

There are a lot of people on this board who should not crush James for academic issues. In my school, we learned the difference between "then" and "than" in second grade. Lol.

Agreed. Look, I wish the best for all the players and in a perfect 1950s world they would all care about academics. But as a fan of basketball and the entertainment the games provide, all I want to see is my favorite team crush everyone in the tournament.

4 years of eligibility dictates there will be roster turnover every year and that essentially schools are renting players. While that is an intriguing aspect of college ball (seeing players develop, wishing your favorite freshman got more play, etc.), once they are gone from the program they are largely never heard from again. If they screw themselves by not taking advantage of the free education its on them, but they also screw us as fans.

But it happens everywhere!

I guess Grant will be thrown to the wolves now. Would've been nice if he had received some more PT to date.
Not if you go to UK.

IMO James should not even be on the bench. Let him stew in his apartment.

People who use "rediculous" instead of "ridiculous" should not be commenting on academics.

Those people could probably still keep at least a 2.0 GPA, even with Southerland's demanding course load.

James Southerland is NOT a kid. He's 22 now and will be 23 in April. You're not going to be a millionaire NBA player, James. Grow the -k up.
Maybe he's not a kid by your definition, but I know I have matured a lot since my last year of college!
But if you're just going to take a segment of what I wrote, would you care to refute my point about them playing D1 basketball, at a national championship caliber contender no less?
Can you imagine that pressure and time commitment?
Most of us are not in their situations, so don't tell me anything is easy when you don't wear their shoes.

Well... I posted the he was fab melo'd last week and it was deleted.

My guess is he was actually southerlanded.

Tim welsh now handles that stuff.
Tim O'Toole took over. Not Welsh

They're coming alive, refs not helping but we are playing our hearts out defensively, and DC2 showing some fire. Right now, holding Nova to under 29%.

Can you imagine that pressure and time commitment?

I worked part-time throughout the time I was in college, so yes, I do know about time commitment.

Tim O'Toole took over. Not Welsh

every time i see that name i'm reminded of the poor little boy who fell down that well in springfield

Make that 4 national titles JB would have had if not for bad luck. You cant blame JB fir his hands off approach off the court. He is a HOF bball coach..not their father.

I worked part-time throughout the time I was in college, so yes, I do know about time commitment.
Do you really think working part time is the same as playing basketball and training for the majority of your day? It's not a parallel and if you think it is, let's not waste our time arguing as we both probably don't think the other is being rational.

Make that 4 national titles JB would have had if not for bad luck. You cant blame JB fir his hands off approach off the court. He is a HOF bball coach..not their father.

Well, in the world of mythical championships, the '03 Championship would have to go to Kansas, as Simien was injured and missed the game.

Try adding some commas next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom