SU Announces National Search for Women's Head Coach | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

SU Announces National Search for Women's Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol wut? All of the players that were here when Tammi was here loved her? I'm starting to think the success we had while she was here was because of her and not Q. Hell, who's to say that one of the reasons she left for URI was to get away from Q? IMO, Wildhack would hire Reiss, and he would be stupid not to. Plus, I think she would be well received from the community and welcomed back with open arms. What Q was doing had nothing to do with her or Amadou.
And if I’m not mistaken, aren’t you on the “Felisha is too old camp?” Felisha is 55, Reiss is 52

What’s there to be confused about? She was on the staff when all the bullying went down. There was also players that came to Q’s defense.

Bottom line is it wouldn’t be a good PR hire IMO
There's nothing to be confused about lmao. She wasn't on staff when everything blew up and came to light, period. She had nothing to do with anything that Q was doing and if you ask former players, they will tell you the same thing. The players that came to Q's defense were Q's favourites, which kinda negates your point there lol.

There's nothing to be confused about lmao. She wasn't on staff when everything blew up and came to light, period. She had nothing to do with anything that Q was doing and if you ask former players, they will tell you the same thing. The players that came to Q's defense were Q's favourites, which kinda negates your point there lol.
I’m just gonna leave this as is. You think I’m wrong and I think you’re wrong so I’ll leave it.

But Hope you watched Buff and Tenn. Heck of an effort by a well coached Buffalo team. Were in it the whole game against a perennial power. Dyaisha Fair is gonna look great in Orange next year

And if I’m not mistaken, aren’t you on the “Felisha is too old camp?” Felisha is 55, Reiss is 52
Yes that is me! :) Thats not the only reason I wanted Tammi over Felisha. Reiss has coached here previously, knows the ins and outs, the facilities, she's had more success as HC at a faster rate than Felisha (in a relatively better conference). The upside is much higher with Tammi.

If SU is offering the job to FLG we should know sooner than later now that Buffalo is out of the tourney.

Yes that is me! :) Thats not the only reason I wanted Tammi over Felisha. Reiss has coached here previously, knows the ins and outs, the facilities, she's had more success as HC at a faster rate than Felisha (in a relatively better conference). The upside is much higher with Tammi.
Didn't see much coaching from Reiss last night, didn't make any adjustments and let game get away. Seems lot of Virginia fans were not in favor of her being their next coach.

What's the big deal about knowing the facilities, Jack knows the city. A10 is not better conference, the Mac was way more competitive.

Didn't see much coaching from Reiss last night, didn't make any adjustments and let game get away. Seems lot of Virginia fans were not in favor of her being their next coach.

What's the big deal about knowing the facilities, Jack knows the city. A10 is not better conference, the Mac was way more competitive.
I truly don’t know if illest is trolling or believes what they’re saying

Thank you Kelly-- and I want to apologize for being so bold on here against FLJ being the next HC. I'll be honest and say that her record at Indiana has put me off to the point where I can't seem to get over it. Like Cheriehoop said, we all want what's best for the program going forward... so, if after doing his vetting, Wildhack thinks that FLJ is the best candidate to run the program, then so be it. I will just have to buy in. I like what Wildhack has done with the new football and WLAX hire(s), so I think/hope he will do the same with WBB. I just hope that the next HC can build this program to be a National Championship contender like we have shown we can be, and do a better job at getting more fans to the games to support the women.

illest has been around for a long time in these parts so definitely not a troll. You however showed up in March. Not that you don't have a fair opinion about it but why so hostile? Whatever will be, will be
I’ve been on here since 2017 (had to actually click my profile to confirm lol), but truly wasn’t trying to hostile in the least. Hard to decipher words online but I do apologize if I came off rude. However, I’m definitely passionate about FLJ and really believe she’s the best candidate for the job.

Disagreements are okay! Hence why I said we both think the other was wrong and I wanted to leave it at that. I’m not on here a ton so I was genuinely asking if I was getting trolled or not.

I know both Felisha and Tammi pretty well for a fan, especially from my FF trip to Indy. I can speak extremely highly of both of them as far as being positive, encouraging, and focused on the player's well being. Both could have each one of us run head first into a brick wall. They make believers. I was "adopted" by the alumni players at that FF. Felisha gave an inspirational speech to the alumni players (myself included) before the final game. As I said, I would have run right into the wall for her after that speech. She would be amazing. I know Tammi even longer from my first Las Vegas trip to see them play in a holiday tournament. Also really fun and engaging and lets her players also know how much she cares about them and believes in them. These are two of the most positive people I have ever met. Either one would be great.

I know both Felisha and Tammi pretty well for a fan, especially from my FF trip to Indy. I can speak extremely highly of both of them as far as being positive, encouraging, and focused on the player's well being. Both could have each one of us run head first into a brick wall. They make believers. I was "adopted" by the alumni players at that FF. Felisha gave an inspirational speech to the alumni players (myself included) before the final game. As I said, I would have run right into the wall for her after that speech. She would be amazing. I know Tammi even longer from my first Las Vegas trip to see them play in a holiday tournament. Also really fun and engaging and lets her players also know how much she cares about them and believes in them. These are two of the most positive people I have ever met. Either one would be great.
Watching Princeton today, and Carla Berube is quite a coach. Does extremely well with non all American players, but her team competes.

Watching Princeton today, and Carla Berube is quite a coach. Does extremely well with non all American players, but her team competes.
She is 46. Her coaching record is really impressive. Winning percentage over 80% at Tufts and over 90% at Princeton.

How about Mary Grimes at LeMoyne?
She might be someone for JW to speak to!
What do folks think? Remember John Beilein, former LeMoyne mens HC and what he accomplished at Michigan? Not saying Mary is John’s equal; just saying she might be worthy of an interview.

Last edited:
Just saw the Princeton vs UK highlights and gotta say that Abby Meyers is quite the baller.

Great credentials. There are some excellent options for SU out there. That’s why I’m hoping that we stay patient and trust the process. We will be vying with some other colleges having coaching turnovers also like Virginia.
Great pedigree as she played for Geno. As long as people are fine with that she should definitely be on the list.

Great pedigree as she played for Geno. As long as people are fine with that she should definitely be on the list.
Playing for Geno means she plays to win, and won't accept players who aren't part of the team.
Geno once in their Senior year sat Stewie and Tuck after 5 minutes, because he wasn't pleased with their play in the game.
They sat the rest of the game.
That's the kind of attitude you need to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom