SU put up a good fight | Syracusefan.com

SU put up a good fight

kirbivore

2019 Cali Award (Passing Yards)
but refs, missed FT's, rebound margin, and sideshow Bob did them in. We're on to Wake Forest.

1551241379144.jpeg

UNC had 18 offensive rebounds, and an overall edge of +21. Ouch.

92% to 56% from the stripe with 12 more chances (or something I looked at the box 5 mins ago don't feel like bringing it up.)

It sucks when the wheels fall off second half like that but we've been right there with both these 2 teams and they are both very good.

but refs, missed FT's, rebound margin, and sideshow Bob did them in. We're on to Wake Forest.

View attachment 154822

Well said. Even they we lost I like how hard we played and never gave up. The refs were awful tonight and White hit everything and we were still in the game.

92% to 56% from the stripe with 12 more chances (or something I looked at the box 5 mins ago don't feel like bringing it up.)

It sucks when the wheels fall off second half like that but we've been right there with both these 2 teams and they are both very good.

13-23 vs 34-37. They were hot at the line all night. So why did we keep fouling them? I don't get it. We don't seem to have great bball IQ.

13-23 vs 34-37. They were hot at the line all night. So why did we keep fouling them? I don't get it. We don't seem to have great bball IQ.

The refs were poor but part of it is that we’re sometimes lazy and undisciplined defensively. Reaching when we shouldn’t, not moving feet, etc.

We might get out rebounded by the UConn women.
Same story every year.

We might get out rebounded by the UConn women.
Same story every year.

keep recruiting the beanpoles. I was watching the VT/Duke game and Blackshear for VT is a very skilled forward. I'd bet JB didn't even look at him b/c he doesn't have the proper wingspan for the precious zone.

It is also hard to be aggressive rebounding when you are in foul trouble. It all goes hand in hand. The uneven whistles gravely injured us. The FT shooting finished us off.

I guess you experts don't realize that when the SU zone plays so high, it's extremely difficult to get OR. Every game the TV guys show how unusually high up the zone is and it leaves lots of space for offensive guys to roam back there and allows them to be in better position to rebound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom