Summer Workouts | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

Irrelevant. The issue was age, not eligibility.
Wrong. The point was class (seniors) not age, per se. Super seniors are relevant when discussing the number of seniors drafted. There were more of them.

IMG_1363.jpeg

Last edited:
Wrong. The point was class (seniors) not age, per se. Super seniors are relevant when discussing the number of seniors drafted. There were more of them.
Well, considering the original comment was “I'd be really surprised if Bell gets drafted, particularly considering he is already old by NBA standards” it seems age was the point.

I forgot about that last defensive play... I confess, I don't watch a closely when we get blown out.

Cuffe absolutely locked down the offensive player in isolation, blocking a desperation jumper and forcing a shotclock violation.

Excellent defense against their iso guy with 9 seconds on the clock.

It was against an NC State bench warmer at the end of a blowout, but give credit where it is due.

For those wondering about Chris bell from previous page- he is going to be a completely different person with Judah and Quadir gone. I’ll leave it at that
He never seemed like a bad/unmotivated kid, he seemed like someone that was a bit of a "follow the leaders" type of kid that maybe picked up some poor habits because he saw what those around him were doing.

He never seemed like a bad/unmotivated kid, he seemed like someone that was a bit of a "follow the leaders" type of kid that maybe picked up some poor habits because he saw what those around him were doing.
Correct… LOT of opinions and voices last year with a lot of complaining. That has already changed this year completely

So I have no idea if it all translates on the court but big Ed seems to be everywhere whether it’s community events- spending time with teammates or enjoying sharing his love of having a restaurant with other student athletes including football team members. Getting involved with Devo’s charity work too.

Also kid looks like he’s in great shape vs what he looked at Colorado thus he seems to be putting the work in. I like the trend line here.

So I have no idea if it all translates on the court but big Ed seems to be everywhere whether it’s community events- spending time with teammates or enjoying sharing his love of having a restaurant with other student athletes including football team members. Getting involved with Devo’s charity work too.

Also kid looks like he’s in great shape vs what he looked at Colorado thus he seems to be putting the work in. I like the trend line here.
My offer still stands, if he's still selling the dry rub, I will legitimately pay good money and shipping costs if somebody can get me one. I'd really like to try it and am super curious about it. My "wind down the career" dream is to have a food truck fleet in the community so the stuff he's been doing with the pop up restaurants really appeals to me.

My offer still stands, if he's still selling the dry rub, I will legitimately pay good money and shipping costs if somebody can get me one. I'd really like to try it and am super curious about it. My "wind down the career" dream is to have a food truck fleet in the community so the stuff he's been doing with the pop up restaurants really appeals to me.

From the IG pics the food they are kicking out at the pop ups looks really good. A bit too heavy for my tastes in general but definitely something that looks worth a try.

From the IG pics the food they are kicking out at the pop ups looks really good. A bit too heavy for my tastes in general but definitely something that looks worth a try.
I know what you mean. My cousin has one of the few southern restaurants in Utah. His food's amazing but it's the kind of thing where if you go for lunch you're not eating until dinner the next day.

I know what you mean. My cousin has one of the few southern restaurants in Utah. His food's amazing but it's the kind of thing where if you go for lunch you're not eating until dinner the next day.

Haha yep - and not eating much the day before either…

This is what I envision for McLeod next season... A whole lot of blocks starting the fast break,a good amount of finishing off the lob, and the occasional post basket when it's a mismatch.

I don't see why he can't get 6p-5r-3b in 15 minutes per game.

Nice complement to Lampkin getting 13-8-1 with 3 assists.

Their combined stats would be like Edey was out there. :)

This is what I envision for McLeod next season... A whole lot of blocks starting the fast break,a good amount of finishing off the lob, and the occasional post basket when it's a mismatch.

There is a possibility on the range of outcomes where health, improvement and expectations are met/exceeded such that a much better team than expected shows up with the combination of maturity, unselfishness and specific skills. That perfect storm isn’t the norm with usually things falling short of that but it is still possible. We have been on the wrong end of that outcome range in the recent past so it’s hard to fathom what having things work out as well as you could hope looks like.

If that happens and they both stay healthy, that's a very strong foundation for the rest of the team's success.

I wonder if Eddie could get some time at the 4 position, given his passing ability. Would be an interesing High/Low with the two of them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom