Summer Workouts | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

I wonder if Eddie could get some time at the 4 position, given his passing ability. Would be an interesing High/Low with the two of them

Uh, Donnie Freeman say

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I wonder if Eddie could get some time at the 4 position, given his passing ability. Would be an interesing High/Low with the two of them
In a zone - maybe in emergency
In man to man - no way

Majstorovic committed to SU more than two months ago and then began the laborious process of completing and filing paperwork to be eligible to play college basketball.

Rumors that Syracuse had signed a European prospect lingered throughout the summer. Orange coaches kept Majstorovic’s commitment under wraps, said SU assistant coach Brenden Straughn, until they were certain he would meet freshman requirements and were confident he could get here by the start of the school year.

Majstorovic committed to SU more than two months ago and then began the laborious process of completing and filing paperwork to be eligible to play college basketball.

Rumors that Syracuse had signed a European prospect lingered throughout the summer. Orange coaches kept Majstorovic’s commitment under wraps, said SU assistant coach Brenden Straughn, until they were certain he would meet freshman requirements and were confident he could get here by the start of the school year.

Cool story. Great job coaches.

Any reports anyone wants to share? Anyone surprise the coaches by being better or worse than expected? Here's what I think I know:

-Carlos is shooting better than expected
-The transfers collectively exceeded expectations
-Coaches aren't counting on Westry
-Lucas was one of the better defenders this summer

Is JJ's hitch gone? Is Moore able to defend and is he looking like a serious contributor or is he a year away? Does Donnie look ready or is he still a potential guy? Did Bell expand his game at all? Has Cuffe improved?

Any reports anyone wants to share? Anyone surprise the coaches by being better or worse than expected? Here's what I think I know:

Is JJ's hitch gone? Is Moore able to defend and is he looking like a serious contributor or is he a year away? Does Donnie look ready or is he still a potential guy? Did Bell expand his game at all? Has Cuffe improved?
And don't say "yes" 721Comstock ;)

In Griffs latest orange nation interview he noted Chance looked the best he has over the summer and like the player they know him to be; just recently over the last week before the short break prior to fall classes starting.

Last edited:
In Griffs latest orange nation interview he noted Chance looked the best he has over the summer and like the player they know him to be; just recently over the last week before the short break prior to fall classes starting.
Assuming he can stay healthy, I think Chance will start to show his quality once the team gets into 2025. Will take time to get the rust off in game action.

My offer still stands, if he's still selling the dry rub, I will legitimately pay good money and shipping costs if somebody can get me one. I'd really like to try it and am super curious about it. My "wind down the career" dream is to have a food truck fleet in the community so the stuff he's been doing with the pop up restaurants really appeals to me.
If there is another offering of Big Eddie's Dry Rub don't fret, I'll get it for you bud.

Shouldn't he be the best they've seen of him? He's been on the shelf since we were wearing masks and wiping our butt's with McDonald's napkins.

This is what I envision for McLeod next season... A whole lot of blocks starting the fast break,a good amount of finishing off the lob, and the occasional post basket when it's a mismatch.

I don't see why he can't get 6p-5r-3b in 15 minutes per game.

Nice complement to Lampkin getting 13-8-1 with 3 assists.

Their combined stats would be like Edey was out there. :)
19-13-3-3 would be extremely productive numbers coming out of the center position.

I am most curious to see how Freeman fits in. Generally very highly ranked players make a big impact, but with a lot of experience on this team, will he take a back seat.

19-13-3-3 would be extremely productive numbers coming out of the center position.

I am most curious to see how Freeman fits in. Generally very highly ranked players make a big impact, but with a lot of experience on this team, will he take a back seat.

I would love to see even distribution of time and scoring like we saw in 1999-2000. Five guys averaged double figure scoring, ten guys who played early in the year, cut down to 8 by conference season.

Two guys came off the bench to shoot better than 40% from three, giving us instant offense. Three solid rebounders, one of the best shot blockers in America, and the other 7 guys in the main rotation all averaged at least a steal a game.

I would love to see even distribution of time and scoring like we saw in 1999-2000. Five guys averaged double figure scoring, ten guys who played early in the year, cut down to 8 by conference season.

Two guys came off the bench to shoot better than 40% from three, giving us instant offense. Three solid rebounders, one of the best shot blockers in America, and the other 7 guys in the main rotation all averaged at least a steal a game.

We don’t hafta go that far back.

2012 squad.

JAB sometimes did hockey line changes where he swapped out all 5 guys,
and the next 5 were also great!

Starters: Scoop & Triche, KrisJo, Rak, Fab.
Bench: Waiters & MCW, CJ, Southy, Baye.

Those were the days.

Still think we shoulda flipped the double-bird to the NCAA and played Fab the whole way.
That team likely wins a Natty if we did.

We don’t hafta go that far back.

2012 squad.

JAB sometimes did hockey line changes where he swapped out all 5 guys,
and the next 5 were also great!

Starters: Scoop & Triche, KrisJo, Rak, Fab.
Bench: Waiters & MCW, CJ, Southy, Baye.

Those were the days.

Still think we shoulda flipped the double-bird to the NCAA and played Fab the whole way.
That team likely wins a Natty if we did.

Absolutely JB should have played Fab! You never self report and you never cooperate when you are being investigated. That is basic survival and something every kindergartener knew when I was a kid. Bottom line is SU cucked itself to the NCAA for years and paid the price. All the usually suspects cheated as they needed to and told the NCAA to screw off when they came a calling.

Absolutely JB should have played Fab! You never self report and you never cooperate when you are being investigated. That is basic survival and something every kindergartener knew when I was a kid. Bottom line is SU cucked itself to the NCAA for years and paid the price. All the usually suspects cheated as they needed to and told the NCAA to screw off when they came a calling.

Yeah we ended up being penalized anyway so ultimately we hurt ourselves way more than simply fighting it. The hard part is the blue bloods have had people inside the NCAA for a long time not sure we have that level of pull. Either way makes more sense to fight it then self report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom