SU's greatest leapers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU's greatest leapers

leaping has two relevant components: height, and pogo stick ability, springiness or reload quickness.
Stevie wins, but Seikaly was no slouch in quickness to get off his second jump. Scouts noted his live legs. DC might have had the most pogo stick ability given how many rebounds he snared. Among the pros, it would have to be The Worm.

Just saw this & figured I’d post here. I know it’s Pitt but the fact that it’s vs. G’Town should negate that (okay, probably not). Buffalo native Page, I recall watching this live. Look at Boumjte-Boumjte’s face in the still photo.

Just saw this & figured I’d post here. I know it’s Pitt but the fact that it’s vs. G’Town should negate that (okay, probably not). Buffalo native Page, I recall watching this live. Look at Boumjte-Boumjte’s face in the still photo.

Page, unfortunately, had some really big games against Cuse over the years. Hit some big 3’s.

Fortunately, he finally sucked in that epic 2003 win over them.

Page, unfortunately, had some really big games against Cuse over the years. Hit some big 3’s.

Fortunately, he finally sucked in that epic 2003 win over them.
Was it Page who elicited the "shiit looks good" half court shot comment from McNeil?

Best in game leapers I remember are Thompson and Warrick. Wes, Grant, and Johnson as the next guys. CJ Fair could get up in games too. Wallace as well.

Bruin is before my time, but I buy it.

Special shout out to Michael Lloyd.

MCW seems hard to believe. Great player, but he didn’t really utllize the leaping ability beyond that fast break dunk at Louisville.

I remember being at MSG for the Preseason NIT game against Indiana in 1988 (aka the Sherm between the legs game). Much of the crowd had dispersed so we were able to sneak down to one of the first few rows. In mop up time, David Johnson got a rebound and went up flat footed for a 2 handed slam. It was like he was shot out of a rocket. I was in awe.

I mean I don’t know how Warrick hasn’t been mentioned yet. I think he is the greatest leaper we’ve had. Jerami Grant is right up there with him.
Hak. Best dunker. Not necessarily best leaper. He had a lot of length with those long arms. Although he had a great leap to have the best blocked shot in Cuse history.

A leaper, you know, a caddy, a leaper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself.
Big jumper, the Lama.

We all remember the dunk on Mike Rosario at Rutgers, but Flynn missed a ton of dunks too.

He could really leap though. But he was a little guy and he wanted to dunk on everybody! He finally got one at the RAC.
The one he missed near the end of his final game in the tourney vs OU comes to mind. Off a bad wheel, he tried to take out every ounce of frustration on the rim. Not sure I’ve ever seen an SU player his size hang in the air like that, Stevie included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom