SU's greatest leapers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU's greatest leapers

Gonna lead off with Stevie and Bing. Wes may have been the quickest leaper.

Add Chris Sease, Dave Johnson and Wes Johnson.

I was kind of thinking about Paul Harris, too, who had some mad dunks (for instance, off the backboard from Jonny Flynn), but also got himself packed by the rim more than a few times in his career.

Worth bringing back from the dead at least once..

Anyone remember Lydon’s monstrous dunk attempt vs UNC in the final four?

This guy could get up there pretty well.

initially i was going to suggest roberson . then i realized it read leapers and not treated as lepers.

Royal Ivey agrees. We may have had some measure a bit higher but Hak was other worldly in how he could seemingly levitate instantly with little to no momentum.

View attachment 167833

I recall Carmelo saying that he was giving Royal Ivey(OKC assistant coach) some grief about that dunk a couple years ago. That dunk is legendary if the players in that game are still talking about it 15 years later.

Jeremy McNeil. One year they listed verticle leaps in the preseason Post Standard article, I think it was '03. McNeil matched or beat Warrick.

Stevie Thompson is my alltime favorite though. Little guy that just seemed to float and constantly mixed it up in the paint with the big guys. I remember him driving into the lane and dropping a baby hook over Mutumbo one time. 6'4" (6'2" *cough cough*) going over 7'2".

Tony Scott. Dude could touch the top of the backboard.

Hak and Stevie in there as well.

44cuse

David Harmon 6-3 back-up center 69-70 standing straight up vertical estimated 46-48 inches. Eye brows on the rim. Too bad couldn't dunk in those days.

When we think about MCW we obviously don’t associate him in the conversation but I seem to remember him collecting rebounds pretty well so that has to help his argument. Even if he was throwing down dunks on people. His ability to rebounds was up there for guards IIRC.
yrc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom