Taj gave the bird to the camera | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Taj gave the bird to the camera

The coach isn't 20 years old and taj's act should have been cleaned up long ago.

Agree. I was willing to start this season with an open mind, but there has been no improvement and it's gotten worse with today's events. Some kids can mature on their own, but some need to be shoved in the right direction with discipline. Looks like Taj is the latter.

He’s 20 years old, and like a lot of 20-year-olds, he has a lot of growing up to do.
It's true. He is an outlier though.

I used to get on Dungey for dumb things he did. For some guys, they need that fire to be competitive. At best it's selfish, at worst he can really hurt a team.

Taj can get there, and despite how frustrating he can be I genuinely hope he does. That said, I think the staff really does need to tighten the leash, and likely should have done more of that in the past. And the bird today clinches it.

I’ll be blunt, Taj has acted like a complete @-s-s on the field his entire time here. That he was allowed to constantly chirp at DeVito last season was insane. He’s been no better this year. He should have been benched and suspended last year for his antics but the staff took a pass on that apparently. It’s stupid, he’s not worth the aggravation. Although suspending him now let’s him off the hook —he should be forced to endure the epic beating we’re gonna take next week. Then suspend him like they should’ve done last year.
Thats the problem, the staff and team leaders did not course correct his attitude last year, now its more entrenched. Worse though, the team sees it, his attitude has ripple effects. It erodes responsibility, integrity and team unity. It undermines also the authority of the head coach.

The coach isn't 20 years old and taj's act should have been cleaned up long ago.

I used to get on Dungey for dumb things he did. For some guys, they need that fire to be competitive. At best it's selfish, at worst he can really hurt a team.

Taj can get there, and despite how frustrating he can be I genuinely hope he does. That said, I think the staff really does need to tighten the leash, and likely should have done more of that in the past. And the bird today clinches it.
all true. good perspective.

Lot of great points in here. Absolutely needs to sit at least a half (more than that obviously but we know how these things go).

That he dropped the pass in the 4th today, and then flipped off the camera *after* that, shows just what an immature mess he is. Someone with a shred of self awareness would have been thoroughly embarrassed and laid low the rest of the game. Not Taj though. I’ve been sick to death of his act since early last year.

Two different matters. Every player should care. Period. But that kind of behavior can not be allowed. If Dino does not have the stuff needed to take action, than either the A.D. or the Chancy should.
Chancy made me laugh, I have never heard the position called that before :)

That he dropped the pass in the 4th today, and then flipped off the camera *after* that, shows just what an immature mess he is. Someone with a shred of self awareness would have been thoroughly embarrassed and laid low the rest of the game. Not Taj though. I’ve been sick to death of his act since early last year.
Yeah, people that act that way kinda need to be flawless to get away with it. You can't be mad when a ball is thrown poorly when you dump a big play.

And then definitely don't make it worse after that.

We'll have to see how it's handled.

Also today, after he dropped the TD pass:

Stephen Bailey

@Stephen_Bailey1
Taj Harris just angrily threw his mask into the (covered) stands. Walk-on QB Luke MacPhail was trying to talk to him on the bench. A lot of visible frustration.

2:31 PM · Oct 17, 2020·Twitter Web App

Stephen Bailey

@Stephen_Bailey1
Syracuse WR coach Justin Lustig grabs Harris by the hip and pulls him into the offensive huddle. Gets in his face and gives him an earful as Harris was standing outside the player/coach group that typically gathers between possessions.

“Taj Harris' gesture late in today’s game was inappropriate, unacceptable and in no way reflective of the standards we expect of our student-athletes," Wildhack said in a statement Saturday evening.

"His behavior will be addressed by the football program within the department of athletics.”

Suspend him the rest of the season. We get blown out with him, we can get blown out without him. If he leaves so be it, an addition by subtraction. He can go play for UMass. A clubhouse cancer.

Not only does he need to be suspended, and not for just a half it needs to be for at least one game, but after Dino’s weekly press conference I’d make him get in front of the microphone and apologize to all the SU fans and the school for is behavior. He seems to have no problem embarrassing our QBs then let’s see how he likes being embarrassed.