Taurean Thompson | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Mommy doesn't want him to go too far away. So a school like Zona which offered last month could've been a good spot at a big program for him to play instantly in the frontcourt. With options limited to the northeast, all the schools on his list besides Providence will have some sort of comp for him to deal with when talking playing time.

Got it. Forgot that Arizona got involved late. I would assume he would've committed there if Mama wasn't micro-managing.

Is there a party at the Moon Tower this weekend or somethin?
All right all right all right . . . . there's a new fiesta at the moon tower this weekend . . .
Dazed-and-Confused-Wooderson-Geeks-Red-Clay-Soul.jpg

To me, he's a much better prospect for us than Dembele. He's got quite a bit of offensive skill, especially shooting the ball. I think Dembele is 1 maybe 2 years away from contributing. I think Thompson can help us now and be good in 2 years.

Not to bash anybody, but Thompson seems a bit bigger, has a thicker body and likely finishes better through contact, but seems a bit slow and a little mechanical. Dembele seems bouncier and more athletic and has pretty good hand-eye coordination and lateral mobility for his size. Plus he has a pretty decent midrange jump shot, which you certainly don't expect to see in a kid from Africa who only took up the game a few years ago.

IthacaMatt said:
Not to bash anybody, but Thompson seems a bit bigger, has a thicker body and likely finishes better through contact, but seems a bit slow and a little mechanical. Dembele seems bouncier and more athletic and has pretty good hand-eye coordination and lateral mobility for his size. Plus he has a pretty decent midrange jump shot, which you certainly don't expect to see in a kid from Africa who only took up the game a few years ago.

There's room for both.

Duke would land both and grab a 5 star for good measure.

Our standards are too low.

I can't talk too confidently since I haven't watched that much video on them, but while Dembele may be more athletic, I get the sense from watching some of his film that he's at least 2 years away from being a factor offensively, and I'm skeptical that he's ever becomes much more than a dunker and maybe a mid-range shooter. I watched some of the drills that he did, and he traveled like 50% of the time! In drills! Maybe he's so good defensively that it doesn't matter, but seeing how Thompson is putting up great numbers on a national stage against top competition, I'd rather take him. But honestly, I'd be happy to get either.

Yeah, theoretically we could take 3 guys - either 2 bigs and a guard, or two 5th year guards and a big.

Right. The ideal situation is Mal comes back, Mullins, Thompson and Dembele all commit. Mullins ship clears next year Dembele redshirts. That gives us plenty of ships for a big 2017 class plus a lot of flexibility having at least two bigs with a year in the system coming back.

Oh and of course while we are at it Green, Diallo and Tucker all commit as well this weekend.

Right. The ideal situation is Mal comes back, Mullins, Thompson and Dembele all commit. Mullins ship clears next year Dembele redshirts. That gives us plenty of ships for a big 2017 class plus a lot of flexibility having at least two bigs with a year in the system coming back.

Oh and of course while we are at it Green, Diallo and Tucker all commit as well this weekend.

Yeah, that would be an absolute home run. I think these are all realistic possibilities, although the 5th year guard from Colorado State might wind up the guy instead of Mullins. In any event, we would be loaded, and would be in great position to add that "Cherry On Top" 5 star talent to cap it off in next year's class, because he would see a tremendous supporting cast around him and a legitimate shot at a Final Four / Championship.

I just read the PS story. I'm not sure there has ever been a bigger recruiting weekend for the cuse and the very next story down is that there could be 6 inches of freaking snow??? Last weekend of April? Is this a damn joke???

Oh, that's nothing. I remember it snowed in Syracuse on Mother's Day one year in the late-90s. Can't remember exactly which year.

Could Thompson play wing a la Rick Jackson with Arinze? Assuming Chukwu is legit.

Not ideal position but could do it or is he way too slow-footed?

With limited schollies and Richards in play for 2017, doubt we would take both him and Dembele unless one could play wing.

Could Thompson play wing a la Rick Jackson with Arinze? Assuming Chukwu is legit.

Not ideal position but could do it or is he way too slow-footed?

With limited schollies and Richards in play for 2017, doubt we would take both him and Dembele unless one could play wing.
Think there is a slight concern that TT doesn't have the lateral speed to play the 4. Dembele absolutely does, but is not as finished a product offensively. I would think TT would be the other C with Chukwu in 2017-18, should he commit, and they would bring in another PF/C combo. Don't know enough about Richards to know if thats him.

Exactly. That guy uses the word "sources" wayyy too loosely.

Its comical, Finkelstein clearly broke that news. Whoever runs that account throws a fit when hes not credited then does the same exact thing lol. Guy was going back and forth with Borzello amd Zagoria bc he thought they didnt credit him correctly. Meanwhile this guy makes Broussard look authentic smh.

Its comical, Finkelstein clearly broke that news. Whoever runs that account throws a fit when hes not credited then does the same exact thing lol. Guy was going back and forth with Borzello amd Zagoria bc he thought they didnt credit him correctly. Meanwhile this guy makes Broussard look authentic smh.
What cracked me up was last year when MCW and Ennis were traded to the Bucks. Woj broke the news first as usual and then minutes later I see people retweeting this guy saying that "sources" told him the same.:rolling::rolling::rolling:

The drama in the replies makes me sad. I don't see why it's always gotta be such a big deal to random people who breaks the story first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom