Thamels Has Babers Top UMD Option | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Thamels Has Babers Top UMD Option

I put ideas out there and people pick them apart. Why don't you give me your idea if DB leaves what direction things should go. By the way, just about every guy on this team that is doing things is a SS recruit.

heres the deal--you can say reasonable things that are probably not likely or a good idea, and you don't deserve to get picked apart. then, you can say completely irrational things like hire macky macpherson (sp, i know), which is so far beyond any reasonable thought it can only be described as irrational, and you deserve to get picked apart. matter of fact, the admins should deactivate your profile for saying something so completely... (no other adjective that is appropriate besides) moronic. my apologies in advance.

Be prepared to see Dino at literally the top of every coaching vacancy. All of the them. Lots of $$ thrown towards him, too.

I'm hopeful Wildhack can get him to $4 mil/yr + a juicier coaching staff budget and Dino bites on that.

This is why a contract extension needed to happen after we were 4-0. We are never going to get a better all-in package than this guy.

How do you know Wildhack didn't offer him $4M per year at that point, and Dino and, more importantly, his agent, said let's wait a little longer.

Unless someone really knows something about this negotiation, I think everyone should stop speculating. Trust Wildhack. He talks to Dino every week.

heres the deal. you can say reasonable things that are probably not likely or a good idea, and you don't deserve to get picked apart. then, you can say completely irrational things like hire macky macpherson (sp, i know), which is so far beyond any reasonable thought it can only be described as irrational, and you deserve to get picked apart. matter of fact, the admins should deactivate your profile for saying something so completely idiotic.
He's young but that shouldn't rule him out. At what age do you think he started talking to his grandfather about coaching ? Sean McVay became the Rams coach when he was 30, and he's doing OK.

How do you know Wildhack didn't offer him $4M per year at that point, and Dino and, more importantly, his agent, said let's wait a little longer.

Unless someone really knows something about this negotiation, I think everyone should stop speculating. Trust Wildhack. He talks to Dino every week.

Well aware what goes on. And Dino, nor his agent, would've turned down an extension worth $4 mil/yr earlier this season. I mean, if not, he needs new advisers.

By the way, just about every guy on this team that is doing things is a SS recruit.
Starters and Contributors that Shafer's staff recruited: Slayton, Dungey, Custis, Strickland, Whitner, Cordy, Adams, Roberts, Conway, Cullen, Fredrick, Hoftrichter.

Equal contribution between staffs: Neal, Heckel, Scoop.

Starters and Contributors that Babers' staff recruited: N. Johnson, Riley, Coleman, Robinson, Jonathan, Guthrie, Cisco, Harris, T. Williams, Black, Foster, Smyzt, DeVito, Servais, M. Williams, Pierce, Melifonwu.

Well aware what goes on. And Dino, nor his agent, would've turned down an extension worth $4 mil/yr earlier this season. I mean, if not, he needs new advisers.

So where do you think the speedbump lies with the extension? Wildhack? Syverud? Board? All of the above?

I just don't believe anyone here really knows the story.

Starters and Contributors that Shafer's staff recruited: Slayton, Dungey, Custis, Strickland, Whitner, Cordy, Adams, Roberts, Conway, Cullen, Fredrick, Hoftrichter.

Equal contribution between staffs: Neal, Heckel, Scoop.

Starters and Contributors that Babers' staff recruited: N. Johnson, Riley, Coleman, Robinson, Jonathan, Guthrie, Cisco, Harris, T. Williams, Black, Foster, Smyzt, DeVito, Servais, M. Williams, Pierce, Melifonwu.
Look, it would be a small miracle if Dino Babers is not scooped up by a big money team so if you want to keep talking about the past, be my guest.

So where do you think the speedbump lies with the extension? Wildhack? Syverud? Board? All of the above?

Indeed, no one knows the story. This is my speculation and *if* he were given an extension opportunity earlier this season, I think he would be crazy not to take it immediately. However, I don't think Dino likes to talk about his contract during the season. Just a hunch.

My bigger, yet unfounded concern deep down is that the Syracuse BoT is still not in the "pay the football coaches an absurd amount of money to hopefully win" camp.

The Syracuse process, which is ...
Wait. See. Talk about spending more ...learn that everyone is against you spending more ...offer something less.

Going to hear 15 “rumors” or thoughts over the coming months. Don’t stress it.

We’re either going to do what we need to do or we’ll be in a situation where we can’t matcher an offer DB can’t refuse.

Regardless, we’ll do everything in our power. And, as I understand it, his buyout’s quite large. We’ll have a nest egg to replace in the absolute worst case scenario.

BTW - I think when it’s all said and done, he’s still on our sideline.

Indeed, no one knows the story. This is my speculation and *if* he were given an extension opportunity earlier this season, I think he would be crazy not to take it immediately. However, I don't think Dino likes to talk about his contract during the season. Just a hunch.

My bigger, yet unfounded concern deep down is that the Syracuse BoT is still not in the "pay the football coaches an absurd amount of money to hopefully win" camp.
Exactly..but he has proven this team will win

I mean, we are set up for an 8-11 win season next year with an attendance bump of around 3000 per game ... Plus additional press and merch sales. Take the ACC money and put it to work with Babers and staff

There are no more Doug Marrone walking through the door

Going to hear 15 “rumors” or thoughts over the coming months. Don’t stress it.

We’re either going to do what we need to do or we’ll be in a situation where we can’t matcher an offer DB can’t refuse.

Regardless, we’ll do everything in our power. And, as I understand it, his buyout’s quite large. We’ll have a nest egg to replace in the absolute worst case scenario.

BTW - I think when it’s all said and done, he’s still on our sideline.
Yes. I still truly believe so. It seems to me that no one is paying attention to this, but Babers has made it a point in almost every news presser in the recent past to say that he is looking forward to being here in the future. He had said it in every which way he can say it. But no one seems to listen ...or believe, I guess

This is a concern I share. But when I hear people here make it seem like Wildhack is sitting on his thumbs for this process, I just don't buy it. But agree, there's only so far he can go.

I don’t think Dino goes anywhere right away, but in a few years a Arizona, Texas, California relocation might tempt him. If our attendance does not start filling the dome after the new work...I could see him go to one of the above type areas because of previous connections, background and better football support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom