The Best Pizza Joint in Every P5 College Town | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Best Pizza Joint in Every P5 College Town

Acropolis was my favorite personally, though we usually just opted for Domino's in our college days because we could each get our own entire pizza for $5 or $6 lol. Not my healthiest days as an eater.

That is pretty much what the Post-Standard said in 2017/19:

Love that Paladino's is on the list. Definitely the dark horse. Their meatball calzone is amazing. I've never had a calzone that could even come close to how good theirs are.

What is the best wood fired/brick oven style pizza in Cuse? I had Toss + Fire, and that seemed proper.

Varsity is good. But Cosmo's was my favorite.

Anyone remember Butch's Pizza out on Wescott? Really good.
Acropolis on Westcott was better than the one on Marshall St. Always liked Cosmo over Varsity. For me the difference between the 2 was consistency. George stood in that window at Cosmos for something like 50 years turning them out.

What is the best wood fired/brick oven style pizza in Cuse? I had Toss + Fire, and that seemed proper.
The other candidate I know of is Apizza Regionale. This is the pizza place across the street from Dino BBQ downtown. Brought to you by the main owner of Dino BBQ.

The college-kid food options within walking distance of the BC campus are so chitty I ate a sandwich from Cumbys for dinner the night they whipped us in hoops in 2018
There was an Ecoli outbreak at the BC Chipotle in 2015... Providence was playing BC around that time and half of players (on both teams) didn't play due to it. El Pelón Taqueria is pretty good though, across the street from BC.

The other candidate I know of is Apizza Regionale. This is the pizza place across the street from Dino BBQ downtown. Brought to you by the main owner of Dino BBQ.

I've tried to go there multiple times... Wait was so long I just hit Dino BBQ. The steam from the pizza tends to ruin the crust when you put it in a box for 15 minutes... I prefer dine in if they've gone through the trouble to do a proper crust. (I ate some of my toss n fire in the car for that reason..lol)

Little off topic, but I finally had Dinosaur BBQ last night...the Buffalo version. I’ve been in NY all week starting the process of putting LED’s in at Sahlen for the Blue Jays.

Big fan. I took the crew out for dinner as we had just been eating at Bada Bings all week. All the Iowa boys approved.
Go to Mulberry’s. 5 minute drive from downtown.

thank me later

There was an Ecoli outbreak at the BC Chipotle in 2015... Providence was playing BC around that time and half of players (on both teams) didn't play due to it. El Pelón Taqueria is pretty good though, across the street from BC.

Being ANYWHERE near Boston is a fantastic excuse to eat well. (Hop the T) I've lost count, the # of times I've spent 2 plus hours in the car just to get Mike's Pastry.

Acropolis is a quality greasy Pizza. Honestly snagging some Varsity Acropolis and Cosmos made for a good rotation.

Plus always enjoyed chatting with the Acropolis owner/manager he was a good dude.

On the hill? Acropolis was solid post-bars. Pretty sure I ate 700 slices from there during college.

I know Varsity is supposed to be the choice, but Acropolis never failed me. Nothings wrong with old dependable.

Again, for the hill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom