The Best Pizza Joint in Every P5 College Town | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Best Pizza Joint in Every P5 College Town

Varsity is better pizza IMO.

Acropolis has better hours.

For me always depended on mood, time of day etc. Acropolis was great for covering dinner for a couple nights too. Always the on campus delivery go to.

Yes if you want to get stabbed at 3am

Lol must have been different times. Chucks then Acropolis followed by DD and then class. Some crazy fights here and there but no stabbings. Much safer than walking home to B/B at 3 frosh year.

All I know is that I've never found good pizza west of the Mississippi.
I'll never forget the funny looks I would get from my friends when I lived in Reno Nv, and asked them if they wanted to get a "pie".
"You mean like apple, or strawberry? What is the obsession with pie back east?"

Acropolis on Westcott was better than the one on Marshall St. Always liked Cosmo over Varsity. For me the difference between the 2 was consistency. George stood in that window at Cosmos for something like 50 years turning them out.

Alki's Acropolis on Westcott was strong, definitely in a different league than the Marshall Street one.

No doubt Varsity's had consistency problems, but I think it's gotten a little more even over the years. And Ellie's been spinning pies for like 50 years at this point and she's always on top of her game.

No posts from Franco Pizza on this? Not a bad post game pie after a few celebratory pops.

Their crust is pretty crappy but they've got a deep menu, a solid cheesesteak, and after a couple drinks that General Tso's pizza is pretty appealing.

The college-kid food options within walking distance of the BC campus are so chitty I ate a sandwich from Cumbys for dinner the night they whipped us in hoops in 2018
Frank Pepe’s pizza in Chestnut Hill:

It’s not as good as the one in New Haven but it’s damn good food in near BC.

Alki's was better when he was on Crouse. I'm probably dating myself.

Edit: Or maybe I'm thinking of Zorba's

Last edited:
Little off topic, but I finally had Dinosaur BBQ last night...the Buffalo version. I’ve been in NY all week starting the process of putting LED’s in at Sahlen for the Blue Jays.

Big fan. I took the crew out for dinner as we had just been eating at Bada Bings all week. All the Iowa boys approved.
Gotta give Anchor Bar a try!

See, this is why I never liked any of your posts before. Varsity is just good? Shame. You need a walk of atonement.
Cosmos was ten times better than Varsity. Fight me! Varsity's crust is like cardboard. I go there for the atmosphere, certainly not the food.

Little off topic, but I finally had Dinosaur BBQ last night...the Buffalo version. I’ve been in NY all week starting the process of putting LED’s in at Sahlen for the Blue Jays.

Big fan. I took the crew out for dinner as we had just been eating at Bada Bings all week. All the Iowa boys approved.

I live in Buffalo and actually had Dinosaur last night... Dinosaur Buffalo is hot trash compared to the Syracuse Dinosaur. Please revisit next time you’re in Syracuse. Completely different.

a
I live in Buffalo and actually had Dinosaur last night... Dinosaur Buffalo is hot trash compared to the Syracuse Dinosaur. Please revisit next time you’re in Syracuse. Completely different.
next time I come to town for games I will have to make it a priority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom