The DeVito catharsis thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

The DeVito catharsis thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like Devito.

He gave up on his team - leaving during the season when it was very likely he would need to come in when/if Shrader got hurt.

He complained a lot publicly about his teammates and left with some very unsportsmanlike comments about his teammates and coaching staff.

In the few times I've spoken with him, he's been arrogant and conceited.

His football IQ can be summed up by the pass he threw to Coach Babers - in an actual game.

you mean the receiver that coughed it up at the five after a first down completion and dropped a 40 yd completion that was a potential TD in the same game.

guy.
Still… my opinion is if Taj had stayed the year, SU would have played in a bowl game.

Good for Tommy and Illinois. Seriously, I cheer for all kids to experience success. Especially ones that by and large worked hard and were good kids.

That said…

A little odd that one of his first comments after a victory with his new team is what I would take as a veiled shot… I mean, go enjoy the W. Talk about what a great start to the season it is, feels good to win with your new teammates, lot of things to work on, blah blah blah.

I thought all the laundry got aired in the exit article, where they made it clear they gave all the answers to success to Dino and he didn’t listen. Get it all out. Bit thin skinned for me, all those excuses. But hey, to each their own.

Feels a bit jilted.

And btw… that’s the first game I can remember since he last played here, that I saw such a pretty spiral on a sailed 10 yard out 2 yards ahead and above the WR. Prettiest incompletions you ever saw. Am I fair to say that?

Cheap, I know.

Last edited:
Good for Tommy and Illinois. Seriously, I cheer for all kids to experience success. Especially ones that by and large worked hard and were good kids.

That said…

A little odd that one of his first comments after a victory with his new team is what I would take as a veiled shot… I mean, go enjoy the W. Talk about what a great start to the season it is, feels good to win with your new teammates, lot of things to work on, blah blah blah.

I thought all the laundry got aired in the exit article, where they made it clear they gave all the answers to success to Dino and he didn’t listen. Get it all out. Bit thin skinned for me, all those excuses. But hey, to each their own.

Feels a bit jilted.

And btw… that’s the first game I can remember since he last played here, that I saw such a pretty spiral on a sailed 10 yard out 2 yards ahead and above the WR. Prettiest incompletions you ever saw. Am I fair to say that?

Cheap, I know.

View attachment 219316
let-the-hate-flow-through-you-sidious.gif

That said…

Feels a bit jilted.

Cheap, I know.

View attachment 219316
His stage press conference was the last straw for me...graphics and all.

Let's face it, Tommy wasn't given a lot of help in the majority of his tenure here. Being sacked is one thing, running for your life immediately at the snap is another. He had a nice side step of a defender on one play that I saw yesterday; he won't be shell-shocked at Illinois. He also has a nice cast at receiver and stud rb to help him. To be honest, that covid year wide receiver corp was, in my mind, maybe the worst I've seen in my almost 40 years of watching college football.
Tommy gets so many excuses made for him. In 2019 SU looked better with Clayton Welch, 2020 nobody looked good, and 2021 he was the same player he was 2 years earlier, no growth as a QB in my uneducated view. I truly believe if Welch starts 2019, we probably win two more games, NC st was for our taking, it was just pathetic offense, and Pitt was in reach once Welch came in.

The worst part of the situation is nobody, would mistake Welch for a P5 QB, but he did things Devito couldn't, even while one hopping a lot of passes. A QB is defined by their ability under pressure, and sadly Tommy failed that aspect of the game big time

I wish Tommy the best, was really excited coming into 2019, but he just wasn't it.

Tommy gets so many excuses made for him. In 2019 SU looked better with Clayton Welch, 2020 nobody looked good, and 2021 he was the same player he was 2 years earlier, no growth as a QB in my uneducated view. I truly believe if Welch starts 2019, we probably win two more games, NC st was for our taking, it was just pathetic offense, and Pitt was in reach once Welch came in.

The worst part of the situation is nobody, would mistake Welch for a P5 QB, but he did things Devito couldn't, even while one hopping a lot of passes. A QB is defined by their ability under pressure, and sadly Tommy failed that aspect of the game big time

I wish Tommy the best, was really excited coming into 2019, but he just wasn't it.
Welch wasn’t good either

Uhm, Welch, was uh... never the answer.

DeVito, who transferred to Illinois from Syracuse, said he had enough time in the pocket to sift through his third and fourth options on certain passing downs.

“I’m not taking any shots here, but I think this is the first game that I’ve been in where I did not get sacked,” DeVito said. “Am I fair to say that?”

DeVito, who transferred to Illinois from Syracuse, said he had enough time in the pocket to sift through his third and fourth options on certain passing downs.

“I’m not taking any shots here, but I think this is the first game that I’ve been in where I did not get sacked,” DeVito said. “Am I fair to say that?”
Yeah, game on Tommy. See you at the Pinstripe Bowl in December.:)

If he’s still concerned about his time here, he’s already cooked. Season is going to eat him up

Not that it will change anyones mind about the quote, but it was in response to a reporters question about how he felt about his OL and the protection they gave him.

Status
Not open for further replies.