The Logical Fallacy Some Fans Have Embraced To Justify Their Criticism Of Boeheim | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

The Logical Fallacy Some Fans Have Embraced To Justify Their Criticism Of Boeheim

All this thread is a chit way of the OP being passive aggressive trying to start fanbase civil war.
Well done OP.

Nobody is allowed to have an opinion unless they kneel before Jim Boeheim and get his blessing to say anything but praise.

My god most of the criticisms are fair and within bounds.

All you are doing is basically trying to get fans who have been critical to say they aren’t actually fans. Everyone enjoyed the first weekend of the NCAA tournament.

Fans with criticism overwhelmingly aren’t rooting against the team.

This thread sucks. If the OP wants to start this he just wants a flame war or wants Monolithic behavior which won’t happen.

Now we need to start a thread on JB‘s parenting skills.

d9fe2aee.jpg

All this thread is a chit way of the OP being passive aggressive trying to start fanbase civil war.
Well done OP.

Nobody is allowed to have an opinion unless they kneel before Jim Boeheim and get his blessing to say anything but praise.

All you are doing is basically trying to get fans who have been critical to say they aren’t actually fans. Everyone enjoyed the first weekend of the NCAA tournament.

This thread sucks. If the OP wants to start this he just wants a flame war or wants Monolithic behavior which won’t happen.
The civil war was started when ppl like you bitched and moaned constantly and wanted “hope action change” aka HOF-coach-over-1K-wins Jim Boeheim fired. The chickens are coming home to roost. You can criticize Boeheim. We can criticize you.

Jim Boeheim > 5’2” Syracusefan posters

All day everyday.

The civil war was started when ppl like you bitched and moaned constantly and wanted “hope action change” aka HOF-coach-over-1K-wins Jim Boeheim fired. The chickens are coming home to roost. You can criticize Boeheim. We can criticize you.

Jim Boeheim > 5’2” Syracusefan posters

All day everyday.
Lol. Thank you for proving the point.
Well done sir. You aren’t enjoying the ride anymore than me.

Lol. Thank you for proving the point.
Well done sir.
Thank you for being wrong about Jim Boeheim and this program, as always. :)

Your barking is looking dumber and dumber by the game. Enjoy it. I know I will.

Your barking is looking dumber and dumber by the game. Enjoy.
See if I actually give you a response I am doing what the OP wants.
I am enjoyed the first and second round.
Are we an 11 seed or a 3 seed?

The team played really well. I enjoyed it. The criticisms around the program are all legitimate.
You don’t care. You sound like a Penn State football fan well done.
I won’t back down from your hardline. Bring it.

See if I actually give you a response I am doing what the OP wants.
I am enjoyed the first and second round.
Are we an 11 seed or a 3 seed?

The team played really well. I enjoyed it. The criticisms around the program are all legitimate.
You don’t care. You sound like a Penn State football fan well done.
I won’t back down from your hardline. Bring it.
So you still want Boeheim fired? All you chicken littles should go on record right here and now.

When you read data for up you usually use the most recent data at a heavier rate.
Ok, let’s look at the boards most recent run of success

HoF coach did things to put his team into position to reach sweet 16, but probably despite himself says message board coaches

I never wanted him fired. Retire isn’t fired.
He should never be fired. At worst I would have said Wildhack should have had the talk.

Never would I say fire.
Ok so that’s one for fired.

Anyone else want to go on record?

1. This fascinating, and dizzying.
2. If JB had played his bench all year, won the ACC, and gotten a high seed, SU could have easily lost to a less favorable match up, and the season would be over. What if’s and woulda, coulda, shoulda don’t matter.
3. I am enjoying this run, and I believe that JB is one of the most under rated coaches of all time. He has consistently done more with less than any P5 coach in my lifetime, but I would be happy with a new voice and direction

Well done OP.

Yeah haha, it's actually hilarious.

CAN'T YOU JUST BE HAPPY AND ENJOY A SWEET 16, HATERS?
*Haters are happy and enjoying the Sweet 16*
WELL, WELL, WELL, LOOKS LIKE THE HATERS GOT OWNED!
JB PROVES ONCE AGAIN HE'S A GENIUS AND INFALLIBLE!
WHY DO YOU HATE SYRACUSE AND LOVE ISIS?

You're pointing at a correlation and then assuming that it implies causation that fits your preconceived notion that Boeheim doesn't know how to wisely judge the risks/rewards of playing inexperience players when the game is in doubt. The only problem is that the same correlation also works for Boeheim & his approach, as well. That you guys feel it is so >obvious< that JB's an idiot coach is beyond amazing to me.

I think it fits into the concept of group-
I am taken back. You are far dumber than I thought. never once have I said anything about Boeheim being an idiot coach. Just the opposite. He isn't perfect. I am one of his biggest f ans. I stood up for JB when it was a lot more difficult than it is now. I just don't kneel at his alter, like you do.
This
Go back and re-read your own post. Or your thread title for that matter.

Your reply to me starts out as derisive and devolves from there into a lecture on the evolution of 21st century recruiting and team composition.

And you’re surprised at my umbrage? Or anyone else’s umbrage, for that matter?

I think you’ve gotten the exact response you wanted.

Here’s some advice. There’s a time and place for every discussion. A referendum and an “I told you so” thread on the head coach in the midst of his 21st run to the Sweet 16 ain’t it.

Rational people can observe the totality of the coaching situation and long term performance and come to different conclusions on what it means for the future. It doesn’t mean either one is wrong.

What is true is that winning keyboard arguments is irrelevant. Your opinion makes no difference. Nor does mine. Or anyone else for that matter. Unless you’re John Wildhack or the chancellor, it’s all just internet bluster.

Some advice to you. Perhaps start with a charitable judgment for those fans who share the same passion for their team as you do. We all come from the same spot. We want Syracuse to win and be successful. Find it in yourself to enjoy this week without having to tear down your fellow
A month or so ago, those fans who've always felt somehow superior to Jim Boeheim stirred each other into a fevered chorus of criticism of Boeheim over the struggles this year's team was having early on. To them, Boeheim's retirement could not come soon enough. They felt the problem was obvious: Jim Boeheim couldn't see the potential in Kadary Richmond, Jesse Edwards, and Robert Braswell. He was making a serious coaching mistake by not giving his best players the lion's share of the available PT (as they saw it from their living rooms).

Now that the season has turned around, these same critics are now proclaiming that because the increased effective participation of these key reserves in recent weeks has coincided with the impressive string of victories the team has pulled off, is definitive proof that they were right and Boeheim was wrong a month ago when they were clamoring for KR, JE, and RB to be playing more.

It's a logical fallacy.

It presumes that Boeheim was not aware of the contributions that those three players could make by the end of the season, but there is zero evidence that this is true. Indeed, Boeheim was the first to identify their potential, long before any fans were aware, but he was also aware of the mistakes they were making in practice, the kind that could cause his team to lose games with unforced turnovers and/or missed opportunities.

At no time did Boeheim say anything to suggest that he didn't believe these guys would eventually be able to help the team later in the season. He only said that he didn't think they were ready to play more...yet. So THE difference of opinion between Jim Boeheim and his harshest fan critics was only ever over when these players should be getting more minutes in games. Now...or later? The fans said now, Boeheim said later.

Boeheim said later for a reason. He's been coaching teams for decades, has seen them develop over the course of a season, correcting their mistakes, getting the newer players to a level of familiarity with The Plan to where they can come into games without putting victories in jeopardy with their errors. This is why--especially early in the season--Boeheim will ALWAYS go with more experienced players if/whenever a game is in doubt.

Let the record show that Boeheim did not play them more earlier as the fans said he should. He played them later. And we now know the outcome of Boeheim ignoring the advice of fans and stubbornly coaching his team his way. He did start to give these player more PT when he felt they might be ready to contribute, and not before. That his team has turned out to be a smashing success is a supreme tribute to Jim Boeheim's coaching genius, his ability to develop a team over the course of a season into a competitive tornado.

To those fans who are now trying to take credit for the team's current success, I say feel free to embrace whatever delusional rationalizations you wish, but understand that the coincidence of the team winning big end-of-season games and the greater participation of key reserves does NOT prove your case that they should have played more earlier.

Since Boeheim did not play them earlier, it is not logically possible to infer that doing so would have achieved anything. That experiment was not tried so it's not possible to declare it a success. But Boeheim's approach was tried and the results have been spectacular. He's made his case, but you're left with an unproven theory that is extraordinarily weak and unpersuasive, IMO.
Ladi ladi ladi ladi!!!!
Ladi ladi oh!!!!!

You seem to wake up angry
It must just be your thing
Even when your favorite team
Is chasing down a ring

attack attack attack
Maybe next it’s me
Anyone and everyone
Critical of JB

you offer many straw men
To try and advance your case
But then some cat named dasher
Throws it in your face

but here’s the funny thing
Most of us agree
We’re lucky he’s our coach
We’re glad to have jb

so enjoy this latest run
It is that time of the year
And late Saturday night
May we all raise a beer!

(to big boy jgeorge
I’d respond to the point you made
But there’s just one problem...
I’m not in the 8th grade)

Your barking is looking dumber and dumber by the game. Enjoy it. I know I will.
You really have to feel sorry for these people who have sequestered their logic behind a narrative of enmity for Boeheim and can't participate in the joy of this run. They probably don't have the emotional ability to feel joy or exhalation, so they look for problems where there really are none to reinforce their dystopian existence.

Just because some of you make BS up in your head and actually believe it doesn’t make it even close to truth View attachment 198729
I sourced my made up bs.

If you can't remember the UNC narrative before that game, just imagine all the other things you may be forgetting or mis-remembering.

Have you seen your dog today? Are you sure you have a dog? Where did that hot dog come from? Did you cook it? Who is that dog and why is he eating the mystery hot dog? See man, it is a vicous cycle.

You really have to feel sorry for these people who have sequestered their logic behind a narrative of enmity for Boeheim and can't participate in the joy of this run. They probably don't have the emotional ability to feel joy or exhalation, so they look for problems where there really are none to reinforce their dystopian existence.
This doesn’t apply to all of them. But this is spot on, for a few of them, for sure. One individual’s misery has grown by the post over the course of the last few years. You do hate to see it.

The funny thing is none of them will reply to my post having them go on record about JB’s job status because deep down they know that Jim Boeheim has hired a staff, recruited players, employed a system, developed a roster, delegated & prodded & molded players into team roles that can win a championship.

And he’s doing it all with his son leading the way. Hahaha. God bless Jimmy.

This doesn’t apply to all of them. But this is spot on, for a few of them, for sure. One individual’s misery has grown by the post over the course of the last few years. You do hate to see it.

The funny thing is none of them will reply to my post having them go on record about JB’s job status because deep down they know that Jim Boeheim has hired a staff, recruited players, employed a system, developed a roster, delegated & prodded & molded players into team roles that can win a championship.

And he’s doing it all with his son leading the way. Hahaha. God bless Jimmy.
He is the once and future king.

I sourced my made up bs.

If you can't remember the UNC narrative before that game, just imagine all the other things you may be forgetting or mis-remembering.

Have you seen your dog today? Are you sure you have a dog? Where did that hot dog come from? Did you cook it? Who is that dog and why is he eating the mystery hot dog? See man, it is a vicous cycle.
So one site that listed UNC as having the 5th best odds (out of 14th) of winning the ACCT in 2020 = UNC was a favorite to win the ACCT?

When this same site releases their Super Bowl odds for 2021, will the team with the 11th best odds be a "favorite" to win the SB?

It does seem that there's a segment of the fanbase (a fairly vocal one here. at least over the past 24-48 hours, I see) that appears to be happier that we've advanced in the tourney not because we're in the Sweet 16, but because they feel like they now have bragging rights over SU fans who've been critical of the state & trajectory of the program.

Instead of enjoying the tourney, and looking forward to the Houston matchup, we're left with this.

Very weird, and quite pathetic. JMO.

It does seem that there's a segment of the fanbase (a fairly vocal one here. at least over the past 24-48 hours, I see) that appears to be happier that we've advanced in the tourney not because we're in the Sweet 16, but because they feel like they now have bragging rights over SU fans who've been critical of the state & trajectory of the program.

Instead of enjoying the tourney, and looking forward to the Houston matchup, we're left with this.

Very weird, and quite pathetic. JMO.
It’s the own the Libs mindset.

Plain and simple. Don’t enjoy the moment but want to own the proverbial other “side”.

It’s the own the Libs mindset.

Plain and simple. Don’t enjoy the moment but want to own the proverbial other “side”.
Interesting - never thought of it that way, but I think you're on to something.

I wonder what the overlap is between the "Real Fans" and "Own the Libs" camps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom