The Official Wake Forest Game Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The Official Wake Forest Game Thread

1.got to get out on the shooters
2. rims are loose they should be loose for us to.

Hope to see some more patterson.

This is an example of a game where we should be able to play a defense other than zone.

All their scoring has come on points the zone has manufactured for them, allowing guys who otherwise couldn't score to get wide open, step-into jumpers

Obviously the bigger issue is offense, but we're giving players who haven't proven they could beat someone wide open shots

Just going to enjoy the year
In the ACC, we need another defense to switch it up. There is zero doubt in my mind about that.

This is an example of a game where we should be able to play a defense other than zone.

All their scoring has come on points the zone has manufactured for them, allowing guys who otherwise couldn't score to get wide open, step-into jumpers

Obviously the bigger issue is offense, but we're giving players who haven't proven they could beat someone wide open shots

Just going to enjoy the year

Except the issue today is the defense.

Orangeman said:
This is an example of a game where we should be able to play a defense other than zone. All their scoring has come on points the zone has manufactured for them, allowing guys who otherwise couldn't score to get wide open, step-into jumpers Obviously the bigger issue is offense, but we're giving players who haven't proven they could beat someone wide open shots Just going to enjoy the year

I'd liked to see some man but it's not even this, whomever is in the zone where this guy is had to be aware. He's 8/8 with one layup, that's awful.

Agree about the defense. Good ball movement is the norm in the acc. Gotta be able to play some mtm.
These scrub teams don't have the talent or athletes we have but as BC showed us last year, they have smart guys who can pass and shoot. Need to be able to throw some m2m out there at times.

This is what will happen when our d lapses and one of our big 3 is off.

The Greek is killing us

The_Wire_The_Greek.jpg

The guy is 6'10. He's ridiculously hot and just like Southerland, hard to contest. Shot just jumps off him. Tough night but we need to fight back.

Agree about the defense. Good ball movement is the norm in the acc. Gotta be able to play some mtm.

It's not the zone it's the execution. Our rotations are horrible!!! Our forwards are not executing on defense and our guards aren't clising in shooters. So basically our defense sucks.

Well acc stream died...

In order to come back we need to string together stops instead of allowing 4 straight uncontested jumpers

GoHamSU said:
Except the issue today is the defense.

True. That's what I mean...some guy has 20 points and I think only 2 have come on a basketball play (a put backs). The rest have come on wide open jump shots.

Get a man in his face!

And as far as defense, it's the wings!!!!! MG and Tyler are awful tonight. We've scored 36. That's not bad. That Greek kid is killing us.

Kaleb too on that last Greek three. Just watched him drain it. He could've stolen that pass to him had he been paying attention!!!

I got money in the bank
I can still get high
My girlfriend thinks
That I'm so fly

GoHamSU said:
This is what will happen when our d lapses and one of our big 3 is off.

The D isn't lapsing, they're beating it with a guy who can shoot.

Just an observation, team just hit two threes so still in it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom