The Uconn Military Appreciation Game Attendance Prediction Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Uconn Military Appreciation Game Attendance Prediction Thread

I’m thinkinf 35,650 which will mark another consecutive game over 35,000 with UNC lining up to be conceivably over 40
I hope we can get 35K. UConn is not an attractive opponent and their fanbase is notorious for travelling poorly. At their highest point, they struggled to bring 250 fans to the Dome. I expect them to bring perhaps 100 fans Saturday.

I hope we can get 35K. UConn is not an attractive opponent and their fanbase is notorious for travelling poorly. At their highest point, they struggled to bring 250 fans to the Dome. I expect them to bring perhaps 100 fans Saturday.

Well I hope Fort Drum and some vets storm the dome ready to get loud

Good point. I think the opponent fans (or lack thereof) is a key number in our total attendance, as I'm not sure our market will consistently get 35,000 to the Dome. I thought FSU traveled poorly and UCONN will be woeful in terms of travel.

Have to build season ticket base.
- You have to sell 20,000 tickets to get to 45 not 30,000.
- Season ticket holders bring additional fans. Dcuse and I will bring about 30 additional people during the year.
- Season ticket holders spread the word, I drive uber/lyft and have SU stuff all over the car. Believe it or not, people are talking already.

FSU had a ton of fans, but most of them bought tickets outside their section.. tons of people sitting in the lower bowl

Point(s) of reference:

In 2016, we drew 34,842 for NC State on Military Appreciation Day on November 12. Team was 4-5 coming off a blow out loss to Clemson.

In 2017, we drew 38,534 for Wake on Military Appreciation Day on November 11. Team was 4-5 coming of close lose to FSU.

Just anecdotal, but i feel like the seating chart on TM looks much better than last week at this point.

FSU had a ton of fans, but most of them bought tickets outside their section.. tons of people sitting in the lower bowl
Disagree, There were FSU fans in the lower bowl on the North side. Nothing like what we have seen in the past with 5 k in there designated section plus mixed in the other parts of the stadium. I guess 2 to 3 k tops.

Does anyone know if military tickets are together or spread through the stadium.

I sit in the lower bowl and there were very few if any in my section and the section next to me. I saw a few in my tailgate lot but the two I spoke to were from Watertown and come to 3 or 4 games a year, but are hue FSU fans. From the eye test it didn't seem like a lot when compared to Clemson, LSU, and WVU

Looking at the Ticketmaster seat availability it looks like ticket sales have really picked up in the last two day especially in the 100 and 200 levels.

With the announcement today of $5 tickets for a SU faculty and staff maybe we can hit 40,000 after all.

Have to build season ticket base.
- You have to sell 20,000 tickets to get to 45 not 30,000.
- Season ticket holders bring additional fans. Dcuse and I will bring about 30 additional people during the year.
- Season ticket holders spread the word, I drive uber/lyft and have SU stuff all over the car. Believe it or not, people are talking already.

I agree. The football program needs 25,000 season ticket minimum and we are not close to that level. If this team gets back in Top 25 we will see our season ticket sales spike and 40,000+ will be a regular occurrence.

Looking at the Ticketmaster seat availability it looks like ticket sales have really picked up in the last two day especially in the 100 and 200 levels.

With the announcement today of $5 tickets for a SU faculty and staff maybe we can hit 40,000 after all.
If that includes all SU employees then that's a pretty big #.

I’m sure they’ll bring dozens.

I'm optimistic about crowd size for Saturday due to being 3-0 with a high probability of going 4-0. This is a front running town as can be seen with basketball turnout vs football and people want to be a part of an "event". Being able to say you were there when SU football got to 4-0 for the first time in 25+ years would qualify as an event for me. Even the wife is excited to go and she doesn't give a poop about college football in general.

Also I'd never say we developed a full fledged rivalry with Uconn but they are a familiar name, and other than Pitt, PSU Rutgers, BC, and WVU- they are definitely a team I follow a bit because of their proximity and recent history vs. Syracuse.

My Guess: 38,000 and it's a loud, non-sweaty, happy crowd

I'm optimistic about crowd size for Saturday due to being 3-0 with a high probability of going 4-0. This is a front running town as can be seen with basketball turnout vs football and people want to be a part of an "event". Being able to say you were there when SU football got to 4-0 for the first time in 25+ years would qualify as an event for me. Even the wife is excited to go and she doesn't give a poop about college football in general.

Also I'd never say we developed a full fledged rivalry with Uconn but they are a familiar name, and other than Pitt, PSU Rutgers, BC, and WVU- they are definitely a team I follow a bit because of their proximity and recent history vs. Syracuse.

My Guess: 38,000 and it's a loud, non-sweaty, happy crowd
Nobody likes a sweaty crowd!

Upper deck definitely has less available tickets than this time a week ago.

More lower bowl away seats here/there available, seats that FSU fans bought up last week.

Last few rows of UConn section are now available (hope you were sitting down when you read that).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom