Tiger net.com | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tiger net.com

I fully expect to score exactly 6 points total in the 1st and 4th with everything else scored in a six minute window between the 2nd and 3rd quarters...
Numbers Calculating GIF by netflixlat

If we pull off the upset we'll get to see how nice their fans are. Up until now they've been able to look at us and be like, "Awww, look at how cute their team is. They tried so hard and kept it close." Even when we beat them in 2017 it was ok because we didn't derail anything. If we beat them and legitimately threaten their spot in the conference championship game and knock them out of the playoff we'll see some true colors.

I feel like this gets mentioned a lot but tigernet is a troll site. It does not portray the average Clemson fan.
I hope not. There is a post by "MorbidTiger" in that thread that is so vile I'm not even comfortable repeating it.

If we pull off the upset we'll get to see how nice their fans are. Up until now they've been able to look at us and be like, "Awww, look at how cute their team is. They tried so hard and kept it close." Even when we beat them in 2017 it was ok because we didn't derail anything. If we beat them and legitimately threaten their spot in the conference championship game and knock them out of the playoff we'll see some true colors.
In 2017 I had several Clemson fans message me nice thoughts after that win. Not to mention their own head coach heading to our locker room to congratulate our players.

Clemson legit has the nicest fan base I have ever encountered (I travel all over SEC/ACC country for work most weeks so I get a huge sample size)

In 2017 I had several Clemson fans message me nice thoughts after that win. Not to mention their own head coach heading to our locker room to congratulate our players.

Clemson legit has the nicest fan base I have ever encountered (I travel all over SEC/ACC country for work most weeks so I get a huge sample size)
I remember most of that Clemson team staying on the field and offering congrats, too. Be nice to have that in threads as well.

They seem a little uptight for a fanbase of a team that has been at the top of college football for most of the last ten years.

Seems their potatoes are a bit shaky?

To be fair they get everyone's best shots thrown at them and our best shots are pretty damn good this season. Maybe someday we can be every teams Super Bowl as well rather than just UConns?

ACC refs... It's a distinct possibility and we know which team would get the points given
Well Tigernet says the refs will keep Syracuse in the game. I'm sure the ACC refs would grease things for the Northern team with a significantly more difficult path to the playoffs over the ACC standard bearer. Those poor Clemson fans and their poor treatment by officials.

You're probably right and I know Dabo was nothing but class after that win. I'll be interested to see what happens if they ever get a consistent legitimate threat to their conference superiority. I'm not saying they'll morph into WVU trash can throwers or Miami thugs though.

The blessing of Tigernet is that they have over 80,000 registered users
The curse of Tigernet is that they have over 80,000 registered users.

Do the math. On our best day, we put 82,500 people in the stadium seats on game day. It is highly unlikely that all but 2,000 of them are registered on Tigernet.

That site is a cash cow for its owners and that is why they are very slow to reduce the number of registered users. Advertisers demand clicks and eyeballs. I could go on but you get the point. There are trolls who come there for no other purpose than trolling.

Having said that, on the news side of Tigernet, David Hood is probably the best source for dependable Clemson information that you will find anywhere. A gentleman and a complete professional

Last edited:
Well Tigernet says the refs will keep Syracuse in the game. I'm sure the ACC refs would grease things for the Northern team with a significantly more difficult path to the playoffs over the ACC standard bearer. Those poor Clemson fans and their poor treatment by officials.
To be fair, most of us believe that ACC refs are some of the worst in the business and, as a general rule, are equal opportunity offenders. There is a picture somewhere on Tnet of Tyler Davis bursting through the FSU line with two defenders draped around him hold fistfuls of his jersey. The view was in the direct line of site of the referee standing behind Jordan Travis. Do you think any laundry hit the field?

I fully expect to score exactly 6 points total in the 1st and 4th with everything else scored in a six minute window between the 2nd and 3rd quarters...
Ahh, the “middle eight” (er-6?) that Dabo mentioned in his weekly presser. I watched both Vol 1 and Vol 2 on YouTube yesterday. Quite frankly, I’m impressed Dabo has that much patience and willingness to meet with the press for that long.

To be fair, most of us believe that ACC refs are some of the worst in the business and, as a general rule, are equal opportunity offenders. There is a picture somewhere on Tnet of Tyler Davis bursting through the FSU line with two defenders draped around him hold fistfuls of his jersey. The view was in the direct line of site of the referee standing behind Jordan Travis. Do you think any laundry hit the field?

We’re still bitter from when the ACC refs killed our upset of the Tigers in 2018 at Death Valley with that stupid illegal man downfield call….

Last edited:
Oh I have no argument about the competency of the officials. It's to the point where I just want equitable incompetence. I just find it unlikely that in a matchup like this the officiating crew would decide to help Syracuse. Will Syracuse benefit from a call or non call out there. Of course. So will Clemson. What we can't know is what is the outcome of that particular call. That can have a significant impact on the game.

Last edited:
Oh I have no argument about the competency of the officials. It's to the point where I just was equitable incompetence. I just find it unlikely that in a matchup like this the officiating crew would decide to help Syracuse. Will Syracuse benefit from a call or non call out there. Of course. So will Clemson. What we can't know is what is the outcome of that particular call. That can have a significant impact on the game.
agreed

The way I understand it, you guys were missing as many as 5 defenders, then 3, and now you are full strength. Half of ours are out. No excuses in football. Our next man up have been meeting the challenge. A Clemson team at full strength is no laughing matter.

My solice here, is your 4th Q against FSU. Missed tackles, and a lack of focus. Enough to force player only meetings, afterwards. Remarkably, we've been quite focused, so far. I have NO DOUBT in the veracity of your defense. Our guys have exhibited tremendous will. (We kinda love that) And I like that your guys can break themselves...

Our best chance is that Shrader/Tucker frustrate your line, and Gadsden/scheming frustrates your secondary/DC. (If Venables was still there? I highly doubt we would frustrate him) Thinking we may need a shootout against Clemson is the last thing I want.

You have us on talent. Anae and White are causing fits for opponents. They may just bridge the talent gap. I normally hate when a player says he likes his chances against an opponent. No problem with Garret, this week. We need someone to lead.

Hope its a great game. Much respect for Clemson fans, and their class act of a coach. This is the week I root against you... (ok. WAKE week, too..lol) Hope its a GOOD one.

The best result for the ACC and both Syracuse and Clemson would be the game comes down to the final possession.
The winner scores as time runs out.

2019 I interacted with a bunch of Clemson fans at SU for the game. Nicest people ever.

But yeah..this may be interesting...

I would honestly expect the fans to be the same. I was there for the Pitt loss and people were disappointed but still just as nice to the opposing fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom