Tyus update | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus update

Hyperbole aside he did break a contract to go for a "better" contract, which is unusual for most kids = stabbing the university in the back? And then cheer for the "fans" that troll him on social media?

Hyperbole aside, I just don't get the H0T Takes here, as I don't find it as big a deal as some obviously do. Where is their outrage when a kid gets his/her offer pulled? Happens to both sides. It's the system.

When have we taken a commit from a kid, signed the dotted line and said you cannot come for your freshman year? He didn't murder anyone but he wasn't an honest broker.

The whole system sucks anyway.

Hyperbole aside he did break a contract to go for a "better" contract, which is unusual for most kids.

Did he break a contract? He isn’t going to a college. Is there anything in the LOI that compels him to attend SU, or does it just say he can’t go to any other D1 school?

Did he break a contract? He isn’t going to a college. Is there anything in the LOI that compels him to attend SU, or does it just say he can’t go to any other D1 school?

He entered into a formal agreement with SU. How that gets unbound I don't know or care.

Frankly my bigger issue is that if this was out there and we were the last to know that's not a good thing.

He entered into a formal agreement with SU. How that gets unbound I don't know or care.

Frankly my bigger issue is that if this was out there and we were the last to know that's not a good thing.

Absolutely this. Many recruiting gurus said the rumors were out there more than a month before he announced. JB said he was blindsided. That is very unsettling given that he was our best recruit in a decade. Who is manning the phones at Manley these days??

To be fair, it’s really hard to wish the best for someone who put a knife in the back of Syracuse University. This young man is selfish plain and simple. Nothing wrong with chasing your dreams but leave SU out of it.

To be even more fair, those fans are garbage and I don’t want them rooting for the same team I do.

Not to belabor the point, but he entered into a formal agreement to go to no other D1 school than SU. So saying as you did that he broke a contract is disingenuous at best. And college coaches break contracts all the time, as do colleges.

Regardless, it did put SU in a bind because they stopped recruiting forwards. And I do think he is following bad advice. I look forward to the return of the days when top prospects committed to schools and then went straight into the draft. That was fun too.

Serious question; If Darius graduated from HS and went to prep school, does he still need to retain his amateur status? Could he sign with an agent then, or a merch contract?

He is a kid. He is a kid with a dream. He may be confused by the options. He just got out of high school. He has no real world experience. Someone is advising him. BLAME them! I don’t like what he did but he’s a kid on a fast track in his mind.

Have some class and let it be

Not to belabor the point, but he entered into a formal agreement to go to no other D1 school than SU. So saying as you did that he broke a contract is disingenuous at best. And college coaches break contracts all the time, as do colleges.

Regardless, it did put SU in a bind because they stopped recruiting forwards. And I do think he is following bad advice. I look forward to the return of the days when top prospects committed to schools and then went straight into the draft. That was fun too.

Serious question; If Darius graduated from HS and went to prep school, does he still need to retain his amateur status? Could he sign with an agent then, or a merch contract?
If he wants to play at that prep school he would need to maintain amateur status.

You forfeit your right to say you’re just a kid when you go pro.

He chose to believe that college would be a waste of time for him. He believes he’s good enough to bang with the big boys and get those big bucks.

This is the path he chose, I wish him all the success but im not going to feel sorry for him. He chose the path less taken, may he come out of it as mature as he believes he already is and as wealthy as he thinks he’ll be.

Yes he entered into a contract with su and broke it. I don't feel sorry for him one bit. I hope thing are rough for him.

Absolutely this. Many recruiting gurus said the rumors were out there more than a month before he announced. JB said he was blindsided. That is very unsettling given that he was our best recruit in a decade. Who is manning the phones at Manley these days??
There are always rumors about everything. This has literally never happened before and jb is supposed to anticipate this happening. Ok.

There are always rumors about everything. This has literally never happened before and jb is supposed to anticipate this happening. Ok.
I know there was no LOI but didn’t he verbal to Ohio state. Guy cannot make up his mind. Idk how it is a shock this happened.

I know there was no LOI but didn’t he verbal to Ohio state. Guy cannot make up his mind. Idk how it is a shock this happened.
I understand he flaked on osu.but no one has ever left for the g league before. I don't know why anyone would think this was going to happen.

Whats deal w tyus? Whats typical for players in this situation—stay or go?

Hyperbole aside he did break a contract to go for a "better" contract, which is unusual for most kids = stabbing the university in the back? And then cheer for the "fans" that troll him on social media?

Hyperbole aside, I just don't get the H0T Takes here, as I don't find it as big a deal as some obviously do. Where is their outrage when a kid gets his/her offer pulled? Happens to both sides. It's the system.
I don't think SU does 4 year scholarships (they may have opted in with the new legislation,IDK), but traditionally they are year to year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom