UNC Game... | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
shockingly bad offense. the oline actually doesn't look all that bad. just can't get anything going. does anybody look good? secondary solid as expected, kinglsey, and linton made some plays.

D was great for 3 quarters. Against a good opponent.

I think UNC actually is the 3rd or 4th best ACC team.

I’m honestly thinking Dino is not the offensive great mind everyone says. Dungey made him look really good and other than that he hasn’t done a damn thing and it’s now frustrating to watch the same game over and over
He needs to land some big time talent on the OL. No excuse for any P5 team playing a converted FB on the OL.

When is the last time, including last season, that TD looked left - first - and threw left?
Been saying the same thing all day, he limits himself to one side of the field over 90% of the offensive snaps. it’s infuriating.

At least this one is over, and we don't have to suffer until the end getting our hopes up. Tommy is just not mentally there to be a top ACC QB. It's the unfortunate truth, as much as I want to keep lying to myself. He has the arm, and even legs to do it all, but he just doesn't. For whatever reason, but it's something between the ears.
Madei Wiiliams syndrome

In the coaches 5th year?
When you have 2 new coordinators, multiple injuries and opt out, a pandemic preventing the install of both schemes AND a significant lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball in the junior class who should be the starters on that side, it’s no surprise our offense is a train wreck.

Im actually shocked the D played this well for this long. I’m very impressed by them

all this and yet at worst we should still be up 7.. the offense has aways to go.. the D lets see if they play this level all yr

Only improvement I’ve seen is he’s stepped up in the pocket better than last year. He pretty much didn’t do that at all last year (always fading backwards)... but unfortunately he seems to be only looking to run as he steps up, he’s not looking to throw.

His Madden “cerebral“ rating is in the 20s

I'll agree and leave it at that.

Again people who place the blame solely on the Oline are apparently not seeing what I see as someone who played in college.

Devito is supposed to be the leader out there. Command the team, go through his progressions, know where is outlet is when plays break down. He literally stares down his first read and when the play breaks down he takes a sack or rolls and throws out of bounds.

He has very poor awareness, pocket presence and struggles to read defenses. At least if he would stare down the WR, know where to go based on Coverage. AKA cover 2, hit the guy Deep flag.

I’m sorry to be the pessimist and the line is bad but without another QB, this team will go nowhere

Who exactly? I recall two. The Sharod pass in the end zone and Harris down the sideline, but he was pretty tightly covered. I dont think they've even had a chance to drop many passes
Those are the two that jumped out. I seem to remember Taj dropping at least one other for a first down in the second quarter. I guess it’s enough to say they dropped a lot of important passes.

The defense and special teams gave the offense field position we should have more than 6 points.
The QB has to be better.
I get the OL isn’t complete but just watch the game. The QB play has been poor. Way to uptight.

Our OL and skill positions really aren’t good.

Tommy is a great thrower. He needs help to be good though - he can’t lift scrubs. McNabb(didn’t have to) and Dungey are the only guys we’ve had who could.

Hopefully this defense is legit and not fluky and we can grind out some games, and hopefully the offense improves and at least becomes adequate and good enough to score against the few weaker teams we play.

Again people who place the blame solely on the Oline are apparently not seeing what I see as someone who played in college.

Devito is supposed to be the leader out there. Command the team, go through his progressions, know where is outlet is when plays break down. He literally stares down his first read and when the play breaks down he takes a sack or rolls and throws out of bounds.

He has very poor awareness, pocket presence and struggles to read defenses. At least if he would stare down the WR, know where to go based on Coverage. AKA cover 2, hit the guy Deep flag.

I’m sorry to be the pessimist and the line is bad but without another QB, this team will go nowhere
The OL isn’t great but I don’t see the QB playing good at all.
He isn’t turning the ball but the offense is stuck in mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom