USMNT - Greg Berhalter Takes Over | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT - Greg Berhalter Takes Over

Not sure I can stay awake for extra time of Mexico/Haiti (is/was my birthday and I’ve had way too many beers since the start of the women’s game)... but neither Haiti nor El Tri have been impressive tonight. Earn a result vs. Jamaica tomorrow and the final is a winnable match.

Also, these Clamato commercials aren’t doing it for me.

Not a bad lineup tonight. Worried about the right side of the defense however

Got to come out of the weather delay sharp. This type of thing can suck the life out of a squad... hope they are prepared to come out of it hot and put Jamaica on their back foot.

Stating what is already known, but Pulisic is filthy. That move right there at the front of the 37’ was absolutely criminal.

I wish Kemar Lawerence was American.

Would absolutely welcome him into the fold.

Glad to see someone else jump in here... any more posts and I was going to feel like the late, great Cali (R.I.P. Orange brother) talking to myself in this thread.

Good call to to take Jozy off. No need to risk a second yellow now with the game 2-0.

And less than a minute in as a sub... how does Zardes miss that???

Love the aggressiveness from Morris (???) to set up that goal. We’ve seen a lot of US forwards try to play that ball back wide instead of trying to tattoo it. (I have intermittent sound and am streaming iPhone->laptop->TV to catch this game so my player references might be wrong — though I caught NYC/SEA live earlier today!!).

Love the aggressiveness from Morris (???) to set up that goal. We’ve seen a lot of US forwards try to play that ball back wide instead of trying to tattoo it. (I have intermittent sound and am streaming iPhone->laptop->TV to catch this game — though I caught NYC/SEA live earlier today!!).

Yeah, good to see him get involved in the build up.

Would absolutely welcome him into the fold.

Glad to see someone else jump in here... any more posts and I was going to feel like the late, great Cali (R.I.P. Orange brother) talking to myself in this thread.
Sorry. I passed out early in the delay

Jamaica had some solid chances from distance and the nice goal setup. Still the US probably should have had 5-6 goals with the quality of the chances from inside the box. A couple really nice saves and some clear misses..

Its an example though, as someone who played goalie many years ago, I dont get always understand the block the ball, dont catch the ball, ways of goalies these days. 2 US goals came on plays he had both hands on but never tried to catch, just squeeze and deflect.

I’m really excited to see Adams and McKennie on the field together. Bradley got by last night but his pace got exposed. He played some nice forward balls but he’s still a liability. Ream had so many problems with Leon Bailey but he’s not the first or last to get run past by him. I really wish Cannon was a LB to pair his athleticism with Yedlin. He was excellent last night and a big improvement on Lima in the attacking third. Long was solid and is a pretty good distributor. Miazga is a really good athlete but he can’t switch off like he did to allow that goal. He was in position and just lost his man.

My biggest issue has to be with Arriola. He tries so hard but he’s got to be one of the least technically skilled players we’ve had in a long time. His effort is important but he’s just not a good enough player. It doesn’t help that he’s running around next to Pulisic but the difference in their quality is shocking. I did appreciate that he took the shot from outside the box and it was a good effort that led to the 3rd goal. He gave away possession too often and he can’t beat anyone off the dribble.

I’m really excited to see Adams and McKennie on the field together. Bradley got by last night but his pace got exposed. He played some nice forward balls but he’s still a liability. Ream had so many problems with Leon Bailey but he’s not the first or last to get run past by him. I really wish Cannon was a LB to pair his athleticism with Yedlin. He was excellent last night and a big improvement on Lima in the attacking third. Long was solid and is a pretty good distributor. Miazga is a really good athlete but he can’t switch off like he did to allow that goal. He was in position and just lost his man.

My biggest issue has to be with Arriola. He tries so hard but he’s got to be one of the least technically skilled players we’ve had in a long time. His effort is important but he’s just not a good enough player. It doesn’t help that he’s running around next to Pulisic but the difference in their quality is shocking. I did appreciate that he took the shot from outside the box and it was a good effort that led to the 3rd goal. He gave away possession too often and he can’t beat anyone off the dribble.
That muff three minutes in, in front of net, had me exasperated

Pulisic. World class player. Need more Pulisics...

Definitely. It will happen more if young players leave MLS early once they become lock starters/borderline All-Stars in the league. Europe has the best leagues/competition and if you wanna be a legit player you need to head there and earn it.

Plus then MLS clubs get the transfer fee for developing them and hopefully continue the pipeline.

Definitely. It will happen more if young players leave MLS early once they become lock starters/borderline All-Stars in the league. Europe has the best leagues/competition and if you wanna be a legit player you need to head there and earn it.

Plus then MLS clubs get the transfer fee for developing them and hopefully continue the pipeline.
The main reason I was so excited about the U20 roster was where a lot of those young guys are developing. Players from the academies at Barcelona, Bayern, Ajax, PSV, PSG, Wolfsburg, Freiburg, Hannover, and Benfica. All due respect to the guys like McKenzie, Durkin, and Pomykal who have broken in with their MLS clubs and play a decent amount, I’m more excited about a guy like De La Fuente who is 17 and learning at Barca.

The main reason I was so excited about the U20 roster was where a lot of those young guys are developing. Players from the academies at Barcelona, Bayern, Ajax, PSV, PSG, Wolfsburg, Freiburg, Hannover, and Benfica. All due respect to the guys like McKenzie, Durkin, and Pomykal who have broken in with their MLS clubs and play a decent amount, I’m more excited about a guy like De La Fuente who is 17 and learning at Barca.

Right and if it doesn't work out, quite a few are now MLS starters: Lletget, Canouse, Picault, Duncan at NYRB, Brooks Lennon.

My main point is players need to take the chance to see what happens. I like Jordan Morris but it seems like he's decided to stay in MLS and never try so to me his ceiling has been dramatically reduced.

The XI I want to see the most:

Steffen
Yedlin-Long-Brooks-Antonee Robinson?
Adams-McKennie
Pulisic-Holmes-Weah
Sargent

Right and if it doesn't work out, quite a few are now MLS starters: Lletget, Canouse, Picault, Duncan at NYRB, Brooks Lennon.

My main point is players need to take the chance to see what happens. I like Jordan Morris but it seems like he's decided to stay in MLS and never try so to me his ceiling has been dramatically reduced.
Morris is the prototype guy why MLS frustrates me.
The guy took the money from Seattle which is his right but it stunted his potential.
The coaching in Europe is miles better.
Again he wanted to stay close to home can’t blame that but his ability to be a world class player was greatly reduced. He and Zardes are the guys I want these young u-20 guys to replace.
Weah intrigues more than either Morris or Zardes but I don’t blame Berhalter for sending him to the u-20 WC.

Ready for another win today! Like to see Altidore tonight.

Maybe
Altidore
Pulisic
Arriola. McKennie Boyd
Bradley
Ream. Long. Zimmerman. Cannon

Steffen

Ready for another win today! Like to see Altidore tonight.

Maybe
Altidore
Pulisic
Arriola. McKennie Boyd
Bradley
Ream. Long. Zimmerman. Cannon

Steffen

Jozy has to feature in the starting XI, no? Not only that, but he more than likely will have to have a proper outing for us to have any chance. He cannot ghost this final.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom