Virginia Game Thread... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Game Thread...

foul but no harm. rode wasn't injured. this ain't tea and cookies. sit him for a quarter tops.

Last edited:
If Solomon is suspended expect to see a lot of Seebold or Desko bump Curry to attack. Voigt is a nice player but he cant play 30+ min at attack.

If Solomon is suspended expect to see a lot of Seebold or Desko bump Curry to attack. Voigt is a nice player but he cant play 30+ min at attack.

This is definitely an angle that needs to be followed.

I'm thinking curry his speed is a game changer that seebold doesn't have. And he's played in 3 big games at big moments. 2nd line just adds Lane back.

I'm thinking curry his speed is a game changer that seebold doesn't have. And he's played in 3 big games at big moments. 2nd line just adds Lane back.

Lane has remained on the second line. If we bump Curry to attack, Lipka takes his spot as he has been rotating in. I think Desko is likely to change up the second line this week anyway as Lane really struggled again when he was in.

Another big win, two upsets in a row with two D starters out. Maybe now posters can show team a lil love .

Team was certainly way better then the 15-3 score vs Albany, most people on here understood that and outside of 1 or 2 people no one really panicked. Offense still has a long way to go but I thought the D and Dordevic were very impressive today. Dekso had issues with his timeout usage but the game plan was spot on. When this team gets Austin Staats next year (hopefully) look out.

''

FIRE DESKTOP!!!!!

But seriously, many here overreacted to the Albany game.

Rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated.
I'm one of them (and it was ugly). But Jeremy "talked me down" .. reminded that it's a young team, no alpha male/go-to type scorer yet, etc... So I'll happily eat crow and give props to the guys for pulling out a conference road-win today.

Team was certainly way better then the 15-3 score vs Albany, most people on here understood that and outside of 1 or 2 people no one really panicked. Offense still has a long way to go but I thought the D and Dordevic were very impressive today. Dekso had issues with his timeout usage but the game plan was spot on. When this team gets Austin Staats next year (hopefully) look out.

Chances AS gets to campus, in your opinion?

Chances AS gets to campus, in your opinion?

75%, the fact that he came back for his second year at OCC is enormous. I think he wants to play at Syracuse. Can't say its a lock because obviously he would need the grades and to drown out the financial aspect of turning pro but I think it looks pretty good.

I'm one of them (and it was ugly). But Jeremy "talked me down" .. reminded that it's a young team, no alpha male/go-to type scorer yet, etc... So I'll happily eat crow and give props to the guys for pulling out a conference road-win today.

Albany is an awful matchup for this current SU squad, don't think there 12 goals better but that game had all the hallmarks of ALbany winning and winning big. Big game next week, let me know if you guys plan on making the game, send me a PM.

Seriously doubted the team after Albany debacle. But after pulling out the last two, appears this team is capable of winning any game the rest of this way. The team — as Desko mentioned — grew up in the Army game. They were in total control today before Virginia made a run in the fourth quarter. Sense there will be a lot of tight games the rest of the way. But this isn’t a team I’d want to play in May. I think they’re playing with something to prove.

Just heard DESKO tell a parent that Solomon will have to sit out the next game

Don't think the hit warranted an ejection for an entire game. Definitely not a smart play but it didn't look that hard to me.

The offense played much better today than they have the past two games. Putting up 7 in the first half was a nice showing. However, they needed to put up another 7 in the second half, especially after the defense and Madonna shut UVA out in the 3rd. A 13 or 14 goal performance would have kept this game from getting close. The opportunities are there and they didn't cash in on them. That being said, I still thought their performance was progress in the right direction.

The clearing game was better today. SU needs to try and find transition more frequently and capitalise on it. Their schedule is difficult and transition is going to be a key part of every game they play. I don't think the offense does a good job of finding unsettled transition situation within settled play. There are times they pick up a ground ball out of a scrum and fail to move the ball quickly and allow the defense to reset. They are too content playing settled 6v6. I saw at least 2 opportunities today for good looks off unsettled play and they didn't even attempt to cash in. Those opportunities will be important down the stretch.

The defense looked great and horrific at times today. The first half was fine, a 7-5 showing through 30 minutes was solid. During the 3rd quarter I really thought they came together. They were playing UVA tight, physical and weren't letting them get good looks. It allowed Madonna to snatch a few big saves up. In the 4th quarter they absolutely forgot how to play defense. They forgot how to slide, ball watched and left Madonna hanging on 3 close shots with time and room. Madonna let up goals to Connors and D'Amario from far out that I thought he should have stopped. Connors never got picked up in the clear and shot the ball unimpeded. D'Amario took a good hard low and away shot. Madonna ends up making a really clutch save in-tight during the 4th that saved the game in some regards because UVA was almost scoring at will. The defense had a good performance, but their mistakes in the 4th quarter need to be ironed out this week. They can't continue to put Madonna in situations where he needs to stand-on-his-head to keep them in the game.

Overall, the team played well. I would have preferred to see a 13/14-11 game, but a win is a win and I'll take a 12-11 road win in Klockner any day.

Last edited:
75%, the fact that he came back for his second year at OCC is enormous. I think he wants to play at Syracuse. Can't say its a lock because obviously he would need the grades and to drown out the financial aspect of turning pro but I think it looks pretty good.

I’ll lean on this take all day.

Thank you!

Don't think the hit warranted an ejection for an entire game. Definitely not a smart play but it didn't look that hard to me.

I don't think it was the hit as much as it was late and after the game ended plus Solomon was called earlier for taking down a defender so that probably had some influence as well.

had rode been hurt i'd feel differently. sit him. suspend him. that shot doesn't warrant a full game imo.

''

FIRE DESKTOP!!!!!

But seriously, many here overreacted to the Albany game.

Rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated.
Isn’t that what message boards are for???

The final play was marred by two ejections after the game. Rode caught the ball and went to throw it downfield, when Nate Solomon hit him as time was expiring. Virginia players left the bench, and members from both teams met on the field as coaches and refs separated players. Solomon and Virginia’s Zach Ambrosino were ejected; NCAA rules dictate that scenario is a one-game suspension, however coaches said after the game they were seeking clarity on the rule.

The final play was marred by two ejections after the game. Rode caught the ball and went to throw it downfield, when Nate Solomon hit him as time was expiring. Virginia players left the bench, and members from both teams met on the field as coaches and refs separated players. Solomon and Virginia’s Zach Ambrosino were ejected; NCAA rules dictate that scenario is a one-game suspension, however coaches said after the game they were seeking clarity on the rule.

I would hope so. Solomon’s hit — while dumb on his part — doesn’t merit a one-game suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom