Washington v #8 Oregon | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Washington v #8 Oregon

JB admitted it doof

Sometimes it’s just easier to not argue or fight things etc etc.

I can’t handle UW having major success the next couple years and being in the tournament if we are not. Sorry. I still want Hopkins as our next coach.

This is a gag job plain and simple by Washington. They have too much talent to have this many losses. We are tough on JB but our team isn’t close to as talented as this Washington team.
Awful job by the Washington basketball team thus far.

I can live with the "little worse without Green". That's a bit different than the member who declared we would win. Plenty of slightly worse teams beat teams who are supposed to be a bad match up for them. If my memory were better, I could probably make a list of post season examples alone. I'm just saying it is far from a sure thing, that's all.

Nobody guaranteed a victory, it was that poster's opinion, and a few of us agreed.

Man, people are hyper-sensitive about Washington on this forum, to the point of imagining slights.

Not him necessarily, but I observed a decent amount of schadenfreude toward Washington today while I was reading during the game. So yes. some folks are rooting against them as was pretty apparent in here.
I don’t necessarily care about them. That said I do understand how some are ex cited to folllow him and discuss. Similarly I understand how it is kind of irritating how this has turned into a blended board between Syracuse wand Washington discussion.

I can live with the "little worse without Green". That's a bit different than the member who declared we would win. Plenty of slightly worse teams beat teams who are supposed to be a bad match up for them. If my memory were better, I could probably make a list of post season examples alone. I'm just saying it is far from a sure thing, that's all.

we would win because we are better. Besides Stewart at the 5, who on UW starts for SU?

This is a gag job plain and simple by Washington. They have too much talent to have this many losses. We are tough on JB but our team isn’t close to as talented as this Washington team.
I think you’re confusing athleticism with talent.

Ouch - tough, tough loss and melt down by Washington and Hop’s team. They had that game clearly in hand until the last few minutes of the 2nd half.

For some bizarre reason I had a deja vu sense of familiarity. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Bad take I think it’s good and deep teams like Colorado and Oregon st are underrated.
Colorado = Virginia
Oregon State = Virginia Tech

The ACC doesn’t have 3 number 1 seeds this year. It’s still better than the PAC-12.

we would win because we are better. Besides Stewart at the 5, who on UW starts for SU?
Not sure anyone on our team other than Quincy would get a rebound.

Regardless, Hop has to find a way to start pulling these tight ones out. He’s still looking for the right blend. I’m worried he runs out of time.

I don't think that UW is all that talented. Stewart is a stud (his motor and hands, especially for a big man, are incredible), but I don't see the hype about McDaniels, and the rest of the team is just ok.

I still think Hop’s last 2 COYs show he is a good coach.

The Pac-12 is not a good conference this year. 12-7, 2-4 for a team that was picked as a trendy Final Four team is bad. Plain and simple. Jim Boeheim’s team is getting better. Gotta give this year thus far to JB.

Just being fair.

If national titles were handed out over message board passion and logic, some of our Bubble teams might have won them. Paper(or silicon) is not the same thing as the hardwood, which is why they play the games. We've lost to other teams we were "better" than this season, and they did not have Stewart.

I get the sour grapes self soothing that is going on on here. Did David Robinson(or any example one prefers. memory isn't my strong suit all of the time) have a lot of stars around him during that post season upset?

Colorado = Virginia
Oregon State = Virginia Tech

The ACC doesn’t have 3 number 1 seeds this year. It’s still better than the PAC-12.

Sure. But the ACC might not be #1 like it’s been since we’ve joined you could make a case for the B1G.

P12 isn’t a 2 bid league anymore. Ones up ones a little bit down.

I kind of feel good about getting something from FSU/Duke/Ville. Last few years I’ve chalked up games against top teams as automatic losses.

If national titles were handed out over message board passion and logic, some of our Bubble teams might have won them. Paper(or silicon) is not the same thing as the hardwood, which is why they play the games. We've lost to other teams we were "better" than this season, and they did not have Stewart.

I get the sour grapes self soothing that is going on on here. Did David Robinson(or any example one prefers. memory isn't my strong suit all of the time) have a lot of stars around him during that post season upset?
In your estimation, is Washington better than Syracuse this year?

JB admitted it doof

Dont be hard on him, I saw others writing about it during the game, and even quoting the tweet of an ex-player that JB never avoided a photo...so he was just repeating what he likely saw on here earlier today.

Sure. But the ACC might not be #1 like it’s been since we’ve joined you could make a case for the B1G.

P12 isn’t a 2 bid league anymore. Ones up ones a little bit down.

I kind of feel good about getting something from FSU/Duke/Ville. Last few years I’ve chalked up games against top teams as automatic losses.
At most the PAC-12 will get 5.
I don’t think they will get 5.
Oregon
Stanford
Arizona
Washington
Colorado

The rest of that conference what wins do they have. Washington isn’t even in right now. I don’t think they will get an at-large. They don’t play Oregon again.
They get Arizona x2, at Colorado, and Stanford left.

I don’t see Washington getting an at-large unless they lose less than 2 more games.

In your estimation, is Washington better than Syracuse this year?

The question wasn't about better, but about who would win in a head to head matchup, which are 2 different things. Further, it would be a match up in real life, not on a message board or a simulation or anything else.

Now I didn't even say Syracuse wouldn't win(if it were a series, both teams would likely win at least 1), but just had a pretty good laugh at the surety of which the member made the claim. That was what was humorous to me more than anything, as if they haven't watched Syracuse lose dozens of games most people wouldn't have predicted them to.

If someone had just become a fan within the last couple of years and hadn't seen plenty example of things going contrary to logic, I could understand the bravado a little more easily.

Last edited:
The question wasn't about better, but about who would win in a head to head matchup, which are 2 different things, Further, it would be a match up in real life, not on a message board or a simulation or anything else.

Now I didn't even say Syracuse wouldn't win, but just had a pretty good laugh at the surety of which the member made the claim. That was what was humorous to me more than anything, as if they haven't watched Syracuse lose dozens of games most people wouldn't have predicted them to.

Who do you think would win?

ETA: also, do you find prediction threads here distasteful?

They have zero shooters. That’s a problem when you want touches for Stewart.

They have zero shooters. That’s a problem when you want touches for Stewart.
Yeah that sucks for Washington.
If you gave us Stewart we are a top 25 team.
If you gave Washington Buddy or Hughes they would be top 25.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom