We need another National Title | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We need another National Title

Eh, I don't see a Nova championship impacting Cuse in any material way and certainly not with recruiting. The elite prospects these days certainly care about March prospects, but not nearly as much as they care about getting to the League. Last I checked, Nova has 4 guys in the NBA and only one of any note (Lowry). We've got 7 (one of which is Melo) and maybe three/four more on our current roster. Our Jersey connections are strong and while I'd love to see the staff recruit more nationally (though I understand from the recruiting board that JB isn't the biggest fan of travel), I just don't see how this banner somehow catapults Nova ahead of us in the eyes of a top recruit that we've targeted.

People here love Nova. I've never heard a Villanova fan say anything positive about Syracuse and they think JB is a scumbag. Villanova winning was terrible for us. A "friend" texted me last night after his team won the national championship: "f*** the ACC who's a mid major now?" Your team just wins a spectacular national championship and your first reaction is to tell me "f the ACC"? They're the second most angry/violent/aggressive fan base I've dealt with after UConn.

It's not their fault. They live near Philadelphia.

all this talk Jay will win another one is comical. I don't think people realize how hard it actually is to win a title. Jay may never get back to one.

They have a very good center coming in 2016 (give him a year to develop). I think two years from now they will be very good with five-star junior guard. And a potentially very good 2017 class coming in from winning the NC. I think they steal some of our chances for some of the better Philadelphia area recruits.

Dukes 2016 class is insane.

If MR and TL stay I think we have a very good chance at a NC in the 2016-17 season.

Nova won that title and played like the hunters throughout the tournament...if we want to win another one we gotta have a mentally strong team...no off nights for anybody...

Not just that, but they played like kids with the full toolbox of basketball skills. Guys who can run a fast break with their heads up and find a teammate. Guys who can get to the rim and have a made lay-up be practically automatic (opening possession notwithstanding). Guards who can back down their defender and score. Big men who can be patient with their back to the basket, wait for personnel to move, and either take a hard dribble and score or rifle a letters-level pass to a shooter on the perimeter.

That was a really fun basketball game to watch, but to me it highlighted how far we are (and have been for four years) from having five guys who can all do everything a great team needs a player to do. Talented, smart, and complete. And tough, like you said. Heck of a team.

We have three. If UNC, Kansas, et. al. want to count their Helms titles, we should as well.

Tired of hearing how UNC has 6 titles and we have 1.

uncbanners.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom