What Gottlieb, Us and whats going on at UCLA in the same sentence | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What Gottlieb, Us and whats going on at UCLA in the same sentence

He's just trolling. He could have mentioned UConn or Michigan State, but he knows SU fans get riled up if he says anything negative about the team. It's a game.

No to make excuses, but something else to consider is that with a limited roster in basketball all it takes is one or two incidents to completely disrupt a season. The trouble makers are greatly outnumbered, but can cause major problems. In football, unless it is a star QB or something (LSU) when an incident happens, it is often forgotten about quickly because the team can more easily make up for it. Even in their case, they went to the title game. At Florida, people bring up as a "by the way" there were something like 30 arrests at Florida during Urban Myers' tenure because they kept winning, even though they dismissed guys.

My point is who cares what he said? We know he doesnt really care for Syracuse so why do people get all pissy when he says something mean about us? Does that make this season any less great because Doug Gottleib thinks this way? I just dont get the infatuation with this guy and what he says.
Probably because he smears the reputation of SU/It's Basketball Team/It's Coach's/and former players on Nationwide Telecast's and Broadcasts and people believe it's the Gospel.

So to recap:

We've had "problems" of varying degree with the following athlete/students since 2002 (i.e. the last decade)

In order of enrollment:

1. DeShaun Williams (Severe)
2. Koneckny (Who knows?)
3. Edelin (Extreme)
4. McCroskey (Moderate to Severe)
5. Tiki Mayben (Never arrived but off-the-charts bad apple)
6. Josh Wright (Moderate; Legal problems upon leaving school)
7. DayShaun Wright (Moderate)
8. Devo (Moderate to Severe)
9. Paul Harris (Severe baggage before enrolling, but nothing crazy while at SU)
10. Jackson (Mild; Seemingly good kid but can't overlook the freshman "episode")
11. Mike Jones (Who?)
12. Scoop (Mild; freshman "episode" and credit card saga)
13. Dion (Moderate; prima donna as frosh, seeming sense of entitlement)
14. Fab (Moderate; Legal issues, Laziness as frosh; Academic headache)

Probably because he smears the reputation of SU/It's Basketball Team/It's Coach's/and former players on Nationwide Telecast's and Broadcasts and people believe it's the Gospel.

Literally no one, in any fanbase, thinks Gottlieb's word in gospel.

Doug Gottleib doesn't care about Orange people.

/Kanye

So to recap:

We've had "problems" of varying degree with the following athlete/students since 2002 (i.e. the last decade)

In order of enrollment:

2. Koneckny (Who knows?)
3. Edelin (Extreme)
10. Jackson (Mild; Seemingly good kid but can't overlook the freshman "episode")
11. Mike Jones (Who?)
15.Mookie threw his headband one time and walked off the court.

Am I the only one who read the UCLA story and didn't find it all that shocking? I sort of felt like it probably could have been written about 100 different schools across America. I am never shocked by the revelation of college kids behaving badly.

Am I the only one who read the UCLA story and didn't find it all that shocking? I sort of felt like it probably could have been written about 100 different schools across America. I am never shocked by the revelation of college kids behaving badly.
UK you are next in line.

Pleeeeez, The guy does have an agenda against SU, it's well known. How can you mention us and leave this out? Our problems are the same as most any other school.

1996: NCAA strips UConn of three NCAA Tournament wins and orders the return of
$90,970 for Kirk King and Ricky Moore illegally accepting gifts.
1999: Khalid El-Amin arrested on drug charges.
2003: Mike Hayes arrested on drug charges.
2004: Clyde Vaughn assistant basketball coach arrested for patronizing a
prostitute.
2005: AJ Price and Marcus Williams arrested on larceny charges.
March, 2005: Antionio Kellogg arrested on drug charges.
April, 2005: Antonio Kellogg arrested for criminal intent to assault a police
officer
2006: UConn coaches called recruit Nate Miles 27 times in December. NCAA rules
allow one call per month at most to recruits.
2008: Jerome Dyson and Doug Wiggins fail random drug testing.
2008: Nate Miles expelled for violating a restraining order.
2009: Yahoo Sports reports ex UConn student turned agent Josh Nochimson provided
recruit Nate Miles transportation, lodging and meals in violation of NCAA rules.
2010: Kemba Walker announces he finished reading his first book while at UConn.
2010: UConn spends $338,000 on lawyers in relation to the NCAA probe.
2011: Jamal Coombs-McDaniel arrested on UConn campus for drug possession.
2011: NCAA informs UConn of eight recruiting violations in the Nate Miles case.
Nate Miles is currently living in poverty in his hometown of Toledo, Ohio.
2011: NCAA puts UConn on notice and is sanctioned for subpar performance on the
NCAA APR (academic performance report).
2011: Jim Calhoun is given a suspension from three Big East Games for knowingly
allowing a booster and certified NBA agent to participate in the recruitment of
Nate Miles and to make prohibited financial contributions. UConn is given a
reduction in scholarships over three years as well as recruiting restrictions.
2011: UConn Administration approves the volunteering (i.e.taking) of an existing
scholarship from student athlete Michael Bradley to allow a most likely “one and done” future NBA player Andre Drummond to be eligible to play.
2011: UConn currently graduates 25% of its men’s basketball players. By
comparison, Notre Dame is at 90%, Villanova at 90%, North Carolina @ 88%, Duke
at 83%. The UConn women’s basketball team graduates 92%.
2011: NCAA investigating the eligibility of freshman Ryan Boatright. Suspended six games for rules
Violations.
2011: Former UConn Basketball Player Tate George Arrested in Alleged Ponzi Scheme.
2012: UConn will be prohibited from the 2012-2013 NCAA Tournament due to APR rating.

Pleeeeez, The guy does have an agenda against SU, it's well known. How can you mention us and leave this out? Our problems are the same as most any other school.

1996: NCAA strips UConn of three NCAA Tournament wins and orders the return of
$90,970 for Kirk King and Ricky Moore illegally accepting gifts.
1999: Khalid El-Amin arrested on drug charges.
2003: Mike Hayes arrested on drug charges.
2004: Clyde Vaughn assistant basketball coach arrested for patronizing a
prostitute.
2005: AJ Price and Marcus Williams arrested on larceny charges.
March, 2005: Antionio Kellogg arrested on drug charges.
April, 2005: Antonio Kellogg arrested for criminal intent to assault a police
officer
2006: UConn coaches called recruit Nate Miles 27 times in December. NCAA rules
allow one call per month at most to recruits.
2008: Jerome Dyson and Doug Wiggins fail random drug testing.
2008: Nate Miles expelled for violating a restraining order.
2009: Yahoo Sports reports ex UConn student turned agent Josh Nochimson provided
recruit Nate Miles transportation, lodging and meals in violation of NCAA rules.
2010: Kemba Walker announces he finished reading his first book while at UConn.
2010: UConn spends $338,000 on lawyers in relation to the NCAA probe.
2011: Jamal Coombs-McDaniel arrested on UConn campus for drug possession.
2011: NCAA informs UConn of eight recruiting violations in the Nate Miles case.
Nate Miles is currently living in poverty in his hometown of Toledo, Ohio.
2011: NCAA puts UConn on notice and is sanctioned for subpar performance on the
NCAA APR (academic performance report).
2011: Jim Calhoun is given a suspension from three Big East Games for knowingly
allowing a booster and certified NBA agent to participate in the recruitment of
Nate Miles and to make prohibited financial contributions. UConn is given a
reduction in scholarships over three years as well as recruiting restrictions.
2011: UConn Administration approves the volunteering (i.e.taking) of an existing
scholarship from student athlete Michael Bradley to allow a most likely “one and done” future NBA player Andre Drummond to be eligible to play.
2011: UConn currently graduates 25% of its men’s basketball players. By
comparison, Notre Dame is at 90%, Villanova at 90%, North Carolina @ 88%, Duke
at 83%. The UConn women’s basketball team graduates 92%.
2011: NCAA investigating the eligibility of freshman Ryan Boatright. Suspended six games for rules
Violations. 2011: Former UConn Basketball Player Tate George Arrested in Alleged Ponzi Scheme.
2012: UConn will be prohibited from the 2012-2013 NCAA Tournament due to APR rating.
wow.

DOUG GOTTLIEB DOESN'T DRINK ORANGE JUICE! He must HATE us!

LOUD NOISES!!!

Gottdweeb does this to get attention, and just like Pavlov's Dogs some SU fans will start salivating the minute he opens his mouth and "Syracuse blah blah blah", spews forth.
He's playing some SU fans for suckers...and you're buying it. Its tired.:rolleyes:

Gottlieb's daughter said her favorite Starburst was the Orange. Doug didn't acknowledge her at dinner for the next 2 weeks afterwards.

Doug's daughter: Knock knock.
Doug: Who's there?
Doug's daughter: Banana.
Doug: Banana who?
Doug's daughter: Banana.
Doug: Banana who?
Doug's daughter: Orange.
Doug: You're dead to me.

The way I see it, if no talking heads out there irrationally hate you, you're probably not that good. I'd much rather be hated than be irrelevant.

So to recap:

In order of enrollment:

2. Koneckny (Who knows?)
3. Edelin (Extreme)
11. Mike Jones (Who?)

First of all for the dude who needs know my age im 18

and second, i would take Fab, Dion, Scoop, Rick, Paul and wouldnt mention them in your list

Eric you can put however i think your overlooking some circumstances and i admit i am a Eric supporter

and second, i would take Fab, Dion, Scoop, Rick, Paul and wouldnt mention them in your list

Eric you can put however i think your overlooking some circumstances and i admit i am a Eric supporter
eric was a punk.

Well, at least that partially explains your woeful command of the English language.

Uh oh guys, Dougie is on SportsCenter right now. Ready the riot gear.

eric was a punk.

The dude had an edge to him grew up in a tough environment and dealt with some stuff. Go look at that syracuse.com story about him and his daughter it will change your opinion of him.

I feel i need to defend him, because i loved seeing him play. He had swagger, he was clutch, he was a competitor.

He wasnt a punk. He was a guy who had an edge to him.

Gottlieb on SC was talking about what was going on at UCLA mess and he said listen when you go to the final four and your recruit and get higher caliber players your going to get get some bad character guys.

He mentions we seen this at Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, and at Syracuse.

Screw you Gottlieb, bad character what about a dude who a top program recruits and that dude steals his roomate credit card. Who might that be

We had the dude who had beef with Shumpert and was a bad dude who i wont mention his name, but who else Devo had an edge to him he wasnt a bad guy. Paul Harris not a chance, drove us crazy on the court with his decisions but he wasnt a bad character guy.

Somebody who was watching, SC this morning and saw the segment would agree. I was watching it with my roomates and we almost threw the tv out the window.

Dont put us in the sentence with the absoulute mess at UCLA, and by the way Gottlieb all those teams you mentioned fired thier head coaches, and are an absolute dumpster fire. When were we ever the a dumpster fire like those.

Time to create an "I hate Doug Gottlieb Blog " and see what the rest of the sports world think about him!

The dude had an edge to him grew up in a tough environment and dealt with some stuff. Go look at that syracuse.com story about him and his daughter it will change your opinion of him.

I feel i need to defend him, because i loved seeing him play. He had swagger, he was clutch, he was a competitor.

edge.jpg

You keep repeating the same thing over and over and over while ignoring the fact that people with actual knowledge are saying he had issues you probably don't know about. Loving your daughter doesn't automatically make you a fine human being.

wow.

In 1985, Sutton took the helm of one of the nation's most prestigious college basketball programs at the University of Kentucky. He coached the Wildcats for four years, leading them to the Elite Eight of the 1986 NCAA Tournament. Two seasons later, Sutton and the 25-5 Wildcats captured their 37th SEC title (which was later vacated by the SEC) and were ranked as the 6th college basketball team in the nation by the Associated Press and UPI[1][2] before losing to Villanova in the 1988 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament.
However Sutton's tenure at Kentucky promptly ended at the close of the 1988–89 season after a scandal and a losing record tarnished the school's basketball program. Kentucky entered the 1988–89 season lacking significant talent in their lineup. The previous season's offensive and defensive stars Ed Davender, Robert Lock and Winston Bennett had all graduated from school; All-SEC sophomore Rex Chapman left school early to enter the 1988 NBA Draft. Additionally, sophomore standout Eric Manuel was suspected of cheating on his college entrance exam and voluntarily agreed to sit out until the investigation was finished. Potential franchise recruit Shawn Kemp transferred out of Kentucky after signing with the school early that year.[3] As it turned out, Manuel didn't play a single game as the investigation dragged through the entire season, essentially placing the Wildcats in the hands of the inexperienced sophomore LeRon Ellis and freshman Chris Mills. The two underclassmen struggled to fill the talent vacuum on the court and the Wildcats finished with a losing record of 13-19, the team's first losing full-season record since 1927.[2] To add insult to injury, the NCAA announced at the end of the season that its investigation into the basketball program had found the school guilty of violating numerous NCAA policies.[4]
The scandal broke when Emery Worldwide employees discovered $1,000 in cash in an envelope Kentucky assistant coach Dwane Casey sent to Mills' father.[5] Kentucky was already on probation stemming from an extensive scheme of payments to recruits, and the NCAA seriously considered hitting the Wildcats with the "death penalty", which would have shut down the entire basketball program (as opposed to simply being banned from postseason play) for up to two years. However, school president David Roselle forced Sutton and athletic director Cliff Hagan to resign. The Wildcats were slapped with three years' probation, a two-year ban from postseason play and a ban from live television in 1989–90. Additionally, Manuel was banned from ever playing again for any NCAA member school.[6] Doug Didn't mention Eddies troubles at OSU either did he?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom