What Gottlieb, Us and whats going on at UCLA in the same sentence | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What Gottlieb, Us and whats going on at UCLA in the same sentence

Its one thing to be a fan but Flynn left 4 years ago. If you say you are 18 that would have made you 14 and younger when Flynn was here. Just because people smile and had a great personality doesnt mean they were mother theresa. You really need to take off the orange colored goggles and take the posters off of your wall and enter big boy land.

Eric was a punk. I was a fan because he played for Syracuse but he was a punk. I dont care about him with his daughter. He should be a good dad otherwise he is a POS. You dont get pats on the back for being a good parent. Yuo are supposed to love your kids and provide for them. If not you are a douchebag. Some day when you have kids of your own you will realize this. I'm supposed to feel sorry for him because he got some girl pregnant while he was in college? No chance. Put on a freaking rubber.

And how do you know for sure? You were barely in high school when Devo was here.
dad?

someday you will learn the truth my son

4876696414_d3f62d18be_z.jpg

Boy, BRNCUSEFRVCUSE, if you actually know the things some people here know about Flynn/Harris/Sean Williams/Eric Devendorf it would blow your mind...

I loved all of them on the court but they were not the fantastic people you claim them to be.

Sean Williams? You loved Sean Williams ON the court?

ok so devo was a punk, but he was our punk! maybe the problems of some basketball players dont amount to a hill of beans. but this is our hill! and these are our beans!

3307490.jpg

i think it was the st johns rout at the garden in 2009, sean williams was playing in garbage time and ive never seen someone miss a layup as badly as he did. he makes keita look like tim duncan.

It kindof sounds like a mock of our program coach and a crude remark that we will take a headcase if he has talent.
This is beyond his syracuse won't win it all rants.

Check out "The Coach's Show" on this subject.

Eric was a punk. I was a fan because he played for Syracuse but he was a punk. I dont care about him with his daughter. He should be a good dad otherwise he is a POS. You dont get pats on the back for being a good parent. Yuo are supposed to love your kids and provide for them. If not you are a douchebag. Some day when you have kids of your own you will realize this. I'm supposed to feel sorry for him because he got some girl pregnant while he was in college? No chance. Put on a freaking rubber..

Great Chris Rock bit about this...

i think it was the st johns rout at the garden in 2009, sean williams was playing in garbage time and ive never seen someone miss a layup as badly as he did. he makes keita look like tim duncan.

Yeah, I was pretty convinced that the dude had never played hoops in his life and had somehow blackmailed his way onto the team.

Pleeeeez, The guy does have an agenda against SU, it's well known. How can you mention us and leave this out? Our problems are the same as most any other school.

1996: NCAA strips UConn of three NCAA Tournament wins and orders the return of
$90,970 for Kirk King and Ricky Moore illegally accepting gifts.
1999: Khalid El-Amin arrested on drug charges.
2003: Mike Hayes arrested on drug charges.
2004: Clyde Vaughn assistant basketball coach arrested for patronizing a
prostitute.
2005: AJ Price and Marcus Williams arrested on larceny charges.
March, 2005: Antionio Kellogg arrested on drug charges.
April, 2005: Antonio Kellogg arrested for criminal intent to assault a police
officer
2006: UConn coaches called recruit Nate Miles 27 times in December. NCAA rules
allow one call per month at most to recruits.
2008: Jerome Dyson and Doug Wiggins fail random drug testing.
2008: Nate Miles expelled for violating a restraining order.
2009: Yahoo Sports reports ex UConn student turned agent Josh Nochimson provided
recruit Nate Miles transportation, lodging and meals in violation of NCAA rules.
2010: Kemba Walker announces he finished reading his first book while at UConn.
2010: UConn spends $338,000 on lawyers in relation to the NCAA probe.
2011: Jamal Coombs-McDaniel arrested on UConn campus for drug possession.
2011: NCAA informs UConn of eight recruiting violations in the Nate Miles case.
Nate Miles is currently living in poverty in his hometown of Toledo, Ohio.
2011: NCAA puts UConn on notice and is sanctioned for subpar performance on the
NCAA APR (academic performance report).
2011: Jim Calhoun is given a suspension from three Big East Games for knowingly
allowing a booster and certified NBA agent to participate in the recruitment of
Nate Miles and to make prohibited financial contributions. UConn is given a
reduction in scholarships over three years as well as recruiting restrictions.
2011: UConn Administration approves the volunteering (i.e.taking) of an existing
scholarship from student athlete Michael Bradley to allow a most likely “one and done” future NBA player Andre Drummond to be eligible to play.
2011: UConn currently graduates 25% of its men’s basketball players. By
comparison, Notre Dame is at 90%, Villanova at 90%, North Carolina @ 88%, Duke
at 83%. The UConn women’s basketball team graduates 92%.
2011: NCAA investigating the eligibility of freshman Ryan Boatright. Suspended six games for rules
Violations. 2011: Former UConn Basketball Player Tate George Arrested in Alleged Ponzi Scheme.
2012: UConn will be prohibited from the 2012-2013 NCAA Tournament due to APR rating.

I agree with the premise that bad things happen at UConn/Cuse/UK/etc. but you basically repeated yourself with your bullets. The red colored font is the same thing, the green colored font is the same thing. The bolded portion is actually not correct. Also. some of the other points are just a tad silly in context of current/recent players and "bad apples", the Tate George thing (guy left UConn in 1990, not exactly a recent player), the Kemba Walker thing (that doesn't show he's a "bad apple", just maybe not a voracious reader), the Kirk King/Ricky Moore thing (1996, not exactly recent players), El-Amin at least was in the last 15 years (barely, not exactly a recent player), Nate Miles living in poverty (not sure why this makes him a bad apple). I'd also say lack of graduation doesn't mean the player is a "bad apple".

So here is your new list in context of the UCLA story (recent and "bad apple"):

• 2003: Mike Hayes arrested on drug charges.
  • 2004: Clyde Vaughn assistant basketball coach arrested for patronizing a prostitute.
  • 2005: AJ Price and Marcus Williams arrested on larceny charges.
  • March, 2005: Antionio Kellogg arrested on drug charges.
  • April 2005: Antonio Kellogg arrested for criminal intent to assault a police officer
  • 2008: Jerome Dyson and Doug Wiggins fail random drug testing.
  • 2008: Nate Miles expelled for violating a restraining order.
  • 2011: Jamal Coombs-McDaniel arrested on UConn campus for drug possession.
  • 2011: NCAA informs UConn of eight recruiting violations in the Nate Miles case.
  • 2011: NCAA puts UConn on notice and is sanctioned for subpar performance on the NCAA APR (academic performance report).

I second bnoro. I have plenty of stories about current and former players.

I once saw Sean Williams in archbold with some chick. He was trying to impress her, went up, and missed a dunk. Classic.

That's great, and yes, bnoro's perspective on Sean Williams went WAY over my head.

A remarkable turning point.

I probably ought to give Boeheim more credit for that. He'd had almost half a decade of disappointing seasons with national championship guys, disappointing seasons with little talent, and disappointing seasons with McDonald's kids who didn't much care for authority or the program in general. Boeheim consciously got rid of the cancers and now banged out the best three-year streak in two decades with a bunch of guys who get along and have bought into the system.

Credit to Jimmy, and big credit to Rautins and Scoop for getting the guys to get it together.

Boeheim? The guy who recruited all of the "punks" that people are ripping in this thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom