What if... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What if...

When you live in a town where the only thing to do in the winter is to go to a mall, eat at a BBQ joint, go to wegmans or to a basketball game it's probably you'll have great attendance.

What do you think of Dukes capacity? Think that has baring on a coaching job? Why does UCLA get better recruits than us year in and year out? Again, nobody outside of Syracuse cares about our attendance.
C'mon, man. Being a curmudgeon is fine if that's your goal in life, but let a little ray of sunshine into your Syracuse winter.

Just stop. If you truly believe Syracuse is a better gig than UCLA I really have nothing to discuss with you.

Ummm...it is. For obvious reasons.

Mike Hopkins is an elite coach?

Basketball might not be the sport for you to follow, I've never seen more ridiculous takes in one thread in my life.

He may be. We will find out. We know ucla and Indiana have failed for 20 years to find the right coach, and they haven't had the success Syracuse has had. Those programs were great when you were a kid

I've never seen more ridiculous takes in one thread in my life.

Maybe try debating with facts homie. I just showed you proof that UCLA struggles with attendance, had a losing record last year and has fired several coaches for lack of success in the last 20 years. Got anything that says it's a better job than Syracuse? Maybe the weather? Beach? PAC 10? Anything? Nope. That's what I thought.

He may be. We will find out. We know ucla and Indiana have failed for 20 years to find the right coach, and they haven't had the success Syracuse has had. Those programs were great when you were a kid

What exactly is our success? Two final fours and NCAA violations?

Counting final fours is as tacky as counting the amount of women you sleep with. Who cares, if you don't win it all then what does it matter.

What's your view on Syracuse being in the NIT and UCLA being in the tournament? Or does this year not count?

Maybe try debating with facts homie. I just showed you proof that UCLA struggles with attendance, had a losing record last year and has fired several coaches for lack of success in the last 20 years. Got anything that says it's a better job than Syracuse? Maybe the weather? Beach? PAC 10? Anything? Nope. That's what I thought.

Stop with the attendance, nobody cares.

If we're successful because we have 2 final fours, how succesful was UCLA when they had two final fours and a national championship game appearance all within 3 years in the 00s? That falls within the past 20 years, by your standards they've had much better success than us since 2005.

I'm done arguing with you, you're obviously a homer and have zero clue about anything when it comes to basketball. Enjoy your night.

In one year? Didn't we make the elite 8 with no top 100 kids in our starting 5 in 2009? We are putting kids in the first round of the NBA draft annually. How do we compare with UCLA and Indiana in NBA talent?

?

2008-2009 was the Jonny Flynn sophomore year. 2009-2010 we were a 1 seed and we had scoop, Rick Jackson, Kris Joseph, mookie Jones (lol). All of them being top 100 recruits.

We didn't make the elite 8 either. Sweet sixteen both years. Do some of you guys even follow this program??

?

2008-2009 was the Jonny Flynn sophomore year. 2009-2010 we were a 1 seed and we had scoop, Rick Jackson, Kris Joseph, mookie Jones (lol). All of them being top 100 recruits.

We didn't make the elite 8 either. Sweet sixteen both years. Do some of you guys even follow this program??

Team with AO, Rick, Scoop, Wes, Rautins. That's why I asked the question. That team was #1 for 6 weeks that season.

Stop with the attendance, nobody cares.

If we're successful because we have 2 final fours, how succesful was UCLA when they had two final fours and a national championship game appearance all within 3 years in the 00s? That falls within the past 20 years, by your standards they've had much better success than us since 2005.

I'm done arguing with you, you're obviously a homer and have zero clue about anything when it comes to basketball. Enjoy your night.

Wait...nobody cares about attendance? Says who? You? You're saying a half full stadium is a big time atmosphere? You're saying coaches don't care about that? That's dumb. Ask Tom Izzo.

When was the last time UCLA played in a final four? Is that coach still there?

Wait...nobody cares about attendance? Says who? You? You're saying a half full stadium is a big time atmosphere? You're saying coaches don't care about that? That's dumb. Ask Tom Izzo.

When was the last time UCLA played in a final four? Is that coach still there?

The last UConn coach who won a title is still there, does that mean anything? Do you think Duke is jealous of the Carrier Dome?

What exactly is our success? Two final fours and NCAA violations?

Counting final fours is as tacky as counting the amount of women you sleep with. Who cares, if you don't win it all then what does it matter.

What's your view on Syracuse being in the NIT and UCLA being in the tournament? Or does this year not count?

Winning record every year, Final Fours (yes they matter), tournament success matters. Yes winning matters. Ucla hasn't won in 10 years. Why can't ucla draw 7k to their games?

In one year? Didn't we make the elite 8 with no top 100 kids in our starting 5 in 2009? We are putting kids in the first round of the NBA draft annually. How do we compare with UCLA and Indiana in NBA talent?

We were sweet 16 with mostly lowly recruited kids in 2010. Also sweet 16 in 2009, with highly recruited Flynn, Harris, and Devendorf.

In terms of NBA talent we are beating Indiana but not UCLA. UCLA has 13 pros(more than us), Russell Westbrook(better than any of our guys), plus another all star in Kevin Love. Plus a very promising young player like Zach Lavine, and a solid starting PG in Jrue Holiday. Veteran starters/rotation players like Trevor Ariza, Darren Collison, Aaron Afflalo. They've got us beat there. Not as many guys recently though. Other than Lavine, all those guys were drafted like 6-10 years ago.

The last UConn coach who won a title is still there, does that mean anything? Do you think Duke is jealous of the Carrier Dome?

Not for long. Ollie won with Calhouns kids and had done nothing but lose since. He's in a bad conference too.

Duke is unique. If that model worked everywhere everyone would move into tiny gyms.

Winning record every year, Final Fours (yes they matter), tournament success matters. Yes winning matters. Ucla hasn't won in 10 years. Why can't ucla draw 7k to their games?

Uconn has won the title twice in 6 years, they're crap. Do their titles matter right now?

We were sweet 16 with mostly lowly recruited kids in 2010. Also sweet 16 in 2009, with highly recruited Flynn, Harris, and Devendorf.

In terms of NBA talent we are beating Indiana but not UCLA. UCLA has 13 pros(more than us), Russell Westbrook(better than any of our guys), plus another all star in Kevin Love. Plus a very promising young player like Zach Lavine, and a solid starting PG in Jrue Holiday. Veteran starters/rotation players like Trevor Ariza, Darren Collison, Aaron Afflalo. They've got us beat there. Not as many guys recently though. Other than Lavine, all those guys were drafted like 6-10 years ago.

Exactly. Thanks.

Shabazz Muhammad as well. He's quietly becoming productive.

Uconn has won the title twice in 6 years, they're crap. Do their titles matter right now?

No, just like UCLA's titles from the 70's. Ucla will be in the NIT next year when Ball and Leaf leave. Just like last year. Their coach may leave!

No, just like UCLA's titles from the 70's. Ucla will be in the NIT next year when Ball and Leaf leave. Just like last year. Their coach may leave!

UCLA has 4 top 50 guys coming in, including 2 in the top 25.

Why do our final fours count but UConns titles don't?

FYI, we'll probably be in the NIT.

Really? UCLA has great players in the NBA, outside of Melo who from Syracuse is better than Oladipo? Cody Zeller?

Where those the only 2 Indiana players you could think of? It's not "who is better" it's re you putting kids in the NBA. Syracuse has put kids in the last 6 years in the first round. True?

Where those the only 2 Indiana players you could think of? It's not "who is better" it's re you putting kids in the NBA. Syracuse has put kids in the last 6 years in the first round. True?

Indiana has 6 guys from the past 6 years in the NBA. Stop.

UCLA has 4 top 50 guys coming in, including 2 in the top 25.

Why do our final fours count but UConns titles don't?

FYI, we'll probably be in the NIT.

Wow...top 50 huh? They all gonna start?

Jimmy goes to coach Cornell...and beats us ooc

If he just wants to coach x's and o's, that's a better place to do it. The kind of recruiting he has to do here is far less common in the Ivy League.

Wow...top 50 huh? They all gonna start?

I don't follow UCLA enough to know if they'll start, but that's 4 more top 50 guys than we do, 4 more top 100 guys than we do.

They also return 5 guys who played double digit minutes including 2 starters to a 30 win team to supplement their 4 top 50 guys.

I don't follow UCLA enough to know if they'll start, but that's 4 more top 50 guys than we do, 4 more top 100 guys than we do.

They also return 5 guys who played double digit minutes including 2 starters to a 30 win team to supplement their 4 top 50 guys.

So by your logic recruiting rankings determine the better program? May be the dumbest thing I've ever read in this board. With all that NBA talent Indiana and UCLA keep firing the coaches Why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom