What I'm hearing | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

What I'm hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hop is 100% out of play.

For a variety of reasons.

So just to recap (and I really appreciate all the info in this thread, truthfully):

- JB may be out after this year OR next year (thanks SUOrangeSU )
- Hop is not an option (thanks RF2044 )

Is there any shot that JB rescinds on the ironclad plan (which, I want to be clear here, is his departure timing, not the next hire from what people have said) due to something unforeseen and barring any health issues?

Meaning, if we bounce back this year and/or next and have strong years and we're fighting for our lives with conference realignment, would something like that allow JB to stay on?

No one needs to answer, just throwing it out there.

OR, are we just saying as long as an asteroid doesn't hit the planet, JB is out after this year or next and we can just keep discussing if Red or someone else should get the job, regardless if we're in a dying ACC, a new Big East, the B1G or some new conference?

So just to recap (and I really appreciate all the info in this thread, truthfully):

Is there any shot that JB rescinds on the ironclad plan (which, I want to be clear here, is his departure timing, not the next hire from what people have said) due to something unforeseen and barring any health issues?

Meaning, if we bounce back this year and/or next and have strong years and we're fighting for our lives with conference realignment, would something like that allow JB to stay on?

OR, are we just saying as long as an asteroid doesn't hit the planet, JB is out after this year or next and we can just keep discussing if Red or someone else should get the job, regardless if we're in a dying ACC, a new Big East, the B1G or some new conference?
JAB is never going to voluntarily retire, so expect him to still be here in his 80's.

Important to note that JB has two years left on his contract. Preference is for him to walk after this year, which is misaligned with JB's preferences.

I have always thought this would be the case.

Outside of a third probation or health issues, that JB would basically coach until he couldn't.

That's just what I had in my head, that is not mapped to any information whatsoever.
Agreed.

Now think about the info I provided above, and envision what's transpiring behind the scenes.

JB isn't going to be able to call his own shot here, despite what many believe.

I’m not, but his record was terrible his second go around and he was replaced by Pitino.
He was well past his prime the second time around. He won a couple of NIT's when that was a big deal.

Gives the Big 10 the East coast and gives a natural East coast Division.
Lots of schools do that, and I don’t think adding 2 underperforming (and one extremely bad) athletic programs will give them anymore of the east coast than they already have.

Lots of schools do that, and I don’t think adding 2 underperforming (and one extremely bad) athletic programs will give them anymore of the east coast than they already have.
BUT BOSTON MARKET

RU doesn't deliver NY more than SU and they don't deliver Mass. PSU has PA, but taking WVU would not work for the Big Ten. They wouldn't take Cincinnati or probably Louisville.
A good SU team can land some tv numbers.

Hop is 100% out of play.

For a variety of reasons.
What are the reasons? Anything in addition to him struggling at Washington? End of life care for his parents? Most other things cut both ways, such as him running zone. This is the first I've heard someone say he's 100% out of play -- I was under the impression he was very much in play, but I don't have any inside info so I'm wondering if I'm off base here.

What are the reasons? Anything in addition to him struggling at Washington? End of life care for his parents? Most other things cut both ways, such as him running zone. This is the first I've heard someone say he's 100% out of play -- I was under the impression he was very much in play, but I don't have any inside info so I'm wondering if I'm off base here.
Short answer to a very complicated question: JB is ticked at Hop.

Adam Weitsman will have Kevin Warren sitting courtside at a Cuse-FSU game with the Pope, Easter Bunny and Michael Jordan.

We got this.

140208_2723552_Singalong_anvver_1.jpg

FJB.
"FJB," but...

It's important to keep it in the family...

JB's going to pick his successor...

It would be a slap in the face to JB to go against his wishes...

Hop's the clubhouse front runner...

Hop's getting the first call...

I don't agree with the above, just pointing out some of the logic being thrown around, and how it begins to break down when layers get peeled back.

Short answer to a very complicated question: JB is ticked at Hop.
I didn't know that. I hope it's not serious and can be reconciled. I get the sense HCIW is primarily a battle between Red and Hop, and maybe GMac (although I hope they also interview other candidates), and out of that group Hop would be my pick, largely due to his recruiting ability.

At
I didn't know that. I hope it's not serious and can be reconciled. I get the sense HCIW is primarily a battle between Red and Hop, and maybe GMac (although I hope they also interview other candidates), and out of that group Hop would be my pick, largely due to his recruiting ability.
At this point Jim doesn't really know why hes mad at anything. Im sure he has made his choice clear . He needs to leave it up to Jw coach these kids up so he doesn't go out on a losing season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom