What would you do to fix the team | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What would you do to fix the team

I would never want to rehire within just because.
I was just resigned to the fact I thought JB would get to call the shot.
Which is why if it was going to be internal I just wanted it to AA over GMac.
I hope we get the best candidate we can and honestly your post on this gave me great resolve that I was wrong.

The status quo isn’t working. It can’t be continued.
Another sign to support that indictment of our staff, any mid majors lower level programs looking to interview AA or Gmac??? Nope

Bona I think made a run at Hop

Another sign to support that indictment of our staff, any mid majors lower level programs looking to interview AA or Gmac??? Nope

Bona I think made a run at Hop
Hop got offered a lot of jobs.

UNC-Charlotte, Bonnie’s for sure.

He was legit.
It does say something we haven’t had any mid majors want any of the current assistants.

MAAC, CAA, America East schools would be perfect spots for any of our assistants to prove what they got.

Watching FSU and Baylor tonight and what stands out to me is they play a lot of guys and they are strong. I think the days of having "long" athletes for the zone is over. We consistently get wrecked on the boards because teams are stronger. I think Frank has a lot of promise. He is going to fill out. I also think Benny, Quincy and Kadary are going to be strong players. At some point in the future, it would be fun to play a tough, switching man to man defense full of guys that are athletic, strong and skilled.

Last edited:
I'm taking this as the usual January swoon, more exaggerated this year because of the added burdens caused by covid.

Watching FSU and Baylor tonight and what stands out to me is they play a lot of guys and they are strong. I think the days of having "long" athletes for the zone is over. We consistently get wrecked on the boards because teams are stronger. I think Frank has a lot of promise. He is going to fill out. I also think Benny and Kadary are going to be strong players. At some point in the future, it would be fun to play a tough, switching man to man defense full of guys that are athletic, strong and skilled.
To follow up. I just looked through Baylor's recruiting. Their 2021 class looks nice, but in prior years they have had very few guys inside the top 100. Also, those big strong athletes weren't that big coming in. They must have one hell of a strength and conditioning program.

To follow up. I just looked through Baylor's recruiting. Their 2021 class looks nice, but in prior years they have had very few guys inside the top 100. Also, those big strong athletes weren't that big coming in. They must have one hell of a strength and conditioning program.

Yeah. The entire Big 12 is that way for the most part besides Kansas. People think you need top 50 players to win. It really isn't the case that way anymore and has been trending that way a couple years. Development is just as key.

Yeah. The entire Big 12 is that way for the most part besides Kansas. People think you need top 50 players to win. It really isn't the case that way anymore and has been trending that way a couple years. Development is just as key.
I was shocked. I thought they would have at least a few top 50 guys, but it looked like most guys were outside the top 100 or completely unranked. I didn’t check to see if they picked up transfers. But, like you said, development is so important. Both, physical and skills. And, to run a winning system. Our zone works well with the right personnel, but it is so bad when guys aren’t athletic enough to play it. Plus, teams have it figured out now. Time to adjust.

Justin Champagnie is the best player in the league, sorry to ruin your hatefest.
We didn’t offer Champagnie a scholarship and he is from Brooklyn and called SU his dream school.

We didn’t offer Champagnie a scholarship and he is from Brooklyn and called SU his dream school.
Red and Grif are NYC guys, huge miss on them.

Please tell us each assistant coaches responsibilities.
The board would love to know.
Wouldn't identifying and recruiting talent be at the top of all assistant coaches responsibilities?

Wouldn't identifying and recruiting talent be at the top of all assistant coaches responsibilities?
You specifically blamed 2 assistant coaches and didn’t mention the HC or the 3rd assistant coach.

That is an agenda you accuse others of having.

You have no clue what assistant coach is responsible for what areas.

If you did you would know Autry handles mid-Atlantic MD-DC area.

Yet you blame him for NYC.

You have no clue who handles NYC.

Blaming assistant coaches is you just passing the buck for your agenda.

You specifically blamed 2 assistant coaches and didn’t mention the HC or the 3rd assistant coach.

That is an agenda you accuse others of having.

You have no clue what assistant coach is responsible for what areas.

If you did you would know Autry handles mid-Atlantic MD-DC area.

Yet you blame him for NYC.

You have no clue who handles NYC.

Blaming assistant coaches is you just passing the buck for your agenda.
If I grew up in Brooklyn or the Bronx and was an assistant coach at Syracuse, I would damn sure well have my contacts there keeping me informed. That's your home. Your argument is specious.

If I grew up in Brooklyn or the Bronx and was an assistant coach at Syracuse, I would damn sure well have my contacts there keeping me informed. That's your home. Your argument is specious.
What about the HC?
My god. You think maybe the HC should have contacts there?
He is the one making the final call.

“Specious” is my new favorite word.
I honestly feel bad for you. That you are latching on to this point.
He is blaming AA and AG for missing on Champagnie and not the person who is in charge.

I honestly feel bad for you. That you are latching on to this point.
He is blaming AA and AG for missing on Champagnie and not the person who is in charge.

Thank you for your concern. I was just saying I like the word. I don’t think I have encountered it before in life and it seems like it will be useful in future very important internet arguments.

Anyway, yeah the head coach gets blame and credit for any decisions that are made because they’re his decisions to make. That doesn’t mean it has to be 100% of the blame or credit. I don’t know or care whose recruiting territory it was. If an assistant is from NYC, it’s not weird to assume they should have their finger on the pulse of NYC talent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom