Where have the parent posters gone? | Syracusefan.com

Where have the parent posters gone?

#Hardnosed said:
Saw on Twitter than he doesn't like coming around here anymore. Got sick of some posters during the season. Same with Bearcubs

Yep. I won't speak for them - but I'd have had a tough time with all the "fire Shafer" stuff as a parent (justified or not).

For us, it's the emotion of wanting to win, passion for the program - but for they are invested in a whole different way.

I'd love to see them back.

Saw on Twitter than he doesn't like coming around here anymore. Got sick of some posters during the season. Same with Bearcubs

I don't blame them one bit, honestly. If my kid was on the team I am sure that I would view the situation in a whole different light.

Hope they come back and ignore some folks on here, they were very insightful and damn good people.

Yep. I won't speak for them - but I'd have had a tough time with all the "fire Shafer" stuff as a parent (justified or not).

For us, it's the emotion of wanting to win, passion for the program - but for they are invested in a whole different way.

I'd love to see them back.

Was bound to happen is what it is. I don't think an internet message forum for Syracuse football is recommended for parent's players.

The parents are all good people and are definitely vested in this program at a totally different level and have a different type of relationship with the coaches than any "fan" on a forum. Right now they are all in a wait and see mode with this new staff and it is probably best for them not to be involved with this forum. I know that I wouldn't post on here if I had a child playing any sport for SU... the level of ignorant commentary can be overwhelming.

The parents are all good people and are definitely vested in this program at a totally different level and have a different type of relationship with the coaches than any "fan" on a forum. Right now they are all in a wait and see mode with this new staff and it is probably best for them not to be involved with this forum. I know that I wouldn't post on here if I had a child playing any sport for SU... the level of ridiculously ignorant insensitive commentary most definitely is overwhelming.

Fixed

alphaorange said:
Wins don't cancel out personal relationships. That is naive and very immature.

No but winning foster a great environment to build new and better relationships. This has been my personal experience in sports, the military and business. The vast majority of people I stay it touch with are those that I spent time with on winning teams. Not so much for the crappy teams I was associated with.

Last edited:
The parents are all good people and are definitely vested in this program at a totally different level and have a different type of relationship with the coaches than any "fan" on a forum. Right now they are all in a wait and see mode with this new staff and it is probably best for them not to be involved with this forum. I know that I wouldn't post on here if I had a child playing any sport for SU... the level of ignorant commentary can be overwhelming.
Bingo...mostly made by folks whose ignorance is only exceeded by their petulant arrogance.

I'm hopeful that no decisions are made by anyone on the team until they've had a chance to go through Spring practice and get a feel for how the staff works. Of course, as an outsider with no skin in the game, it's a much easier decision for me.

Wins don't cancel out personal relationships. That is naive and very immature.

According to football scoop, prior to this years carousel, only 42 of 128 coaches had been at their school for 4 years or longer. Thats almost 33 %. So chances are the coach that recruited you, isnt going to be the coach you finish your career out with. Its all business. They have a right to be dissapointed, i get it. But as was mentioned before, time heals all wounds. Especially when its winning football.

According to football scoop, prior to this years carousel, only 42 of 128 coaches had been at their school for 4 years or longer. Thats almost 33 %. So chances are the coach that recruited you, isnt going to be the coach you finish your career out with. Its all business. They have a right to be dissapointed, i get it. But as was mentioned before, time heals all wounds. Especially when its winning football.
The original post was about parents no longer posting on a forum. That is all about poster behavior, on both sides, not wins and losses or changes in staff.

They have a right to be dissapointed, i get it. But as was mentioned before, time heals all wounds. Especially when its winning football.

That's easy for you to say, and feel. Right now, they have no idea whether the coaches want their kids or not. No matter what, they will always be legacy recruits. The kids that the coaching staff got stuck with. As SU football fans, we have had plenty of recent experience in seeing what can happen to legacy recruits, and how fans treat them on here.

This early in the process, there are a lot of unknowns. As a parent, I can fully understand how much you want your child to be in a safe, learning environment. Surrounded by people who care about them as individuals, and care about them succeeding in whatever it is they want to do.

Maybe, time will heal. Maybe Babers and staff won't want their kids? Maybe, you should actually try seeing things from their viewpoint.

P.S. Thanks to each of the parents for all the insights you have given the past 1 1/2 years of your kids lives. At times it may seem that no one on here remembers or cares that you & your kids are people, as they wallow in their hyper-fandom madness. But the truth is that some of us do.

That's easy for you to say, and feel. Right now, they have no idea whether the coaches want their kids or not.

This is an overlooked part of the equation. There are kids in this freshman and sophomore classes, in particular, who might not fit the staff's system. For what it's worth, since we're talking about Bam, apparently they do like Shy from what he's said, and expect him to get a lot of snaps next season.

This is an overlooked part of the equation. There are kids in this freshman and sophomore classes, in particular, who might not fit the staff's system. For what it's worth, since we're talking about Bam, apparently they do like Shy from what he's said, and expect him to get a lot of snaps next season.

It makes sense Shy seems like he would be a good fit for an OLB in a Tampa 2 scheme. He has the speed to cover his side out to the sideline. Also from his high school tape he looks comfortable in space. Was a sure tackler which is needed.

It's an internet message board. There are bound to be idiots everywhere. It's to be expected, and much, much worse with other schools. And even when there is intelligent conversation, there can be an opinion or two that may turn off some parents of kids. But those opinions and views are absolutely, 100% viable in this forum.

A message board is absolutely not a place for any relative, parent, friend or coach to be. It's just not. And that can be said for every program in the country. Not just SU.

Bamsignal.jpg

Miss bam's updates on shy. Still one of my favorite young players.

SUFan44 said:
It's an internet message board. There are bound to be idiots everywhere. It's to be expected, and much, much worse with other schools. And even when there is intelligent conversation, there can be an opinion or two that may turn off some parents of kids. But those opinions and views are absolutely, 100% viable in this forum. A message board is absolutely not a place for any relative, parent, friend or coach to be. It's just not. And that can be said for every program in the country. Not just SU.

Tired.

They are adults. They came and gave us valuable insight into the program, recruiting, the coaches, etc. I for one really enjoyed getting to know them.

When things got ugly here - they did the adult thing and went away for a bit. Maybe they come back maybe they don't - but it won't be because you don't think it's a place for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom