Where is Taurean...? | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Where is Taurean...?

Mike Lindlsey said that we have lost "one our two superstars; Tyus Battle and Taurean Thompson" and predicted that the football team has a better chance of making a bowl game than the basketball team does of making the NCAA tournament.

I'm just glad we recruited three guys 6-9 or more in this last class and have the 6-8 Moyer coming off his redshirt.

Mike Lindlsey said that we have lost "one our two superstars; Tyus Battle and Taurean Thompson" and predicted that the football team has a better chance of making a bowl game than the basketball team does of making the NCAA tournament.

I'm just glad we recruited three guys 6-9 or more in this last class and have the 6-8 Moyer coming off his redshirt.
Not a Lindsley fan & also not a "sky is falling" knee-jerk poster but that's hardly a stretch of a prediction. Even before TT's departure, I was viewing this year as a "bridge year" across the board in Football, Hoops, & Lax. We'll take some lumps in all 3 & there will be growing pains but I think we're in store for fun times come Fall 2018.

Hey Guys,

I am a hall fan, and had started to read your board this am when I heard rumblings.

As someone who has been around the program for a while, I can tell you this comes at a pretty big shock to most everyone. The article for our roster spot opening up was legit just bad timing. That spot opened up over a month ago with one of our recruits heading down to play for Kevin Boyle at MontVerde.

I realize you do not view us to be a peer of yours, but we were right there at the end when he made his decision last year. We all heard about "Mom" and how she was a huge factor in his recruitment. It does not completely shock me that he would come closer to home to play consider him and his mothers relationship. Can we all agree its odd he doesn't use any type of social media and just got a cell phone?

Lets leave him alone and not bash him, maybe he is actually the type of kid who WILL benefit from being closer to home.

Either way I am thrilled. The last piece we needed was a 5 who could score. Once you stack him up against Angel Delagado who lead the nation in rebounds this year, we go from a pre-season top 20 to top 15.

Do any of you know anything about the fact he only signed financial aid package and not a scholly with Cuse?

Wow. I'm just catching up to this.
• Glad to see that the 'anti-Moyer' stuff probably(?) isn't true, but it's bizarre for something like that to materialize out of thin air. And, frankly, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Not that it came from Taurean, but it's just not a new sentiment/concept. Sadly, it has not been made extinct in the 45 years since i first heard it.
• Of all the expected starters to lose, i'm least upset about Thompson. Really, really strong mid-range game. But, i have to believe that Moyer can match his plus/minus when you factor in Thompson's defensive and rebounding liabilities. More time for Matthew — it may not be a win/win, but it's as neutral as we could hope for, all things considered.
• Never liked his on-court demeanor. He had a couple of incidents where he got a bit nasty with officials, and he wore a scowl that didn't match his physicality.
• Sucks that this is happening at this late date. Ridiculous, if he really didn't advise anyone. I did something similar, with my football team, but i was 12, sooooo...
• I'm going to resent him for all of the next ten minutes, and then i wish him the best. Seriously. Don't know if it's a Mom Influence thing, or just a lack of character, or whatever. Doesn't matter now. He's young, it's done, and it's not criminal.

Hey Guys,

I am a hall fan, and had started to read your board this am when I heard rumblings.

As someone who has been around the program for a while, I can tell you this comes at a pretty big shock to most everyone. The article for our roster spot opening up was legit just bad timing. That spot opened up over a month ago with one of our recruits heading down to play for Kevin Boyle at MontVerde.

I realize you do not view us to be a peer of yours, but we were right there at the end when he made his decision last year. We all heard about "Mom" and how she was a huge factor in his recruitment. It does not completely shock me that he would come closer to home to play consider him and his mothers relationship. Can we all agree its odd he doesn't use any type of social media and just got a cell phone?

Lets leave him alone and not bash him, maybe he is actually the type of kid who WILL benefit from being closer to home.

Either way I am thrilled. The last piece we needed was a 5 who could score. Once you stack him up against Angel Delagado who lead the nation in rebounds this year, we go from a pre-season top 20 to top 15.

Do any of you know anything about the fact he only signed financial aid package and not a scholly with Cuse?

He was on scholarship which is why some posters aren't happy about him leaving at the absolute last minute. Could have used it to fill a gap for the year while the market still had decent players on it.

He was on scholarship which is why some posters aren't happy about him leaving at the absolute last minute. Could have used it to fill a gap for the year while the market still had decent players on it.

He was not on scholly though, every article out there states "Financial Aid Package" includeing syracuse.com

Hey Guys,

All that is fine -- in May. Not the first day of classes. It's ridiculous, and my suspicions are that the Hall staff was involved with his mother (on the AAU circuit). Obviously, this smells very bad and strongly suggests the possibility of tampering. As for TT - well you can have him.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

He is not going to be eligible to play for you this coming season. He will have to sit out a year. Syracuse is 4 hours away from his home and SH is 30 minutes. I'm not sure it makes a huge difference but I wish him all the best.

He was not on scholly though, every article out there states "Financial Aid Package" includeing syracuse.com

That was when entering as a freshman. It only binds the school and is sometimes used after official loi dates.

I really don't understand how the staff had no idea about this a month ago. The handwriting was on the wall and if they knew about it you'd recruit someone and have had someone on campus by now. I believe Thompson did this to truly screw SU. We should try to find someone else asap because we will have no inside game without him

I really don't understand how the staff had no idea about this a month ago. The handwriting was on the wall and if they knew about it you'd recruit someone and have had someone on campus by now. I believe Thompson did this to truly screw SU. We should try to find someone else asap because we will have no inside game without him

we never really had an inside game with him, he was a face up player who mostly shot jump shots, albeit had a good stroke...also at that point in the summer who is the staff going to get that is worth a scholarship? we are short on them to begin with we don't want to be giving away scholarships to the runts of the litter. Next year is looking like a monster recruiting year for us with potentially Carey and Carrigan or Roberts to go along with Bazley, throw in a chance with King and well need that ship.

We would have had no inside game with him so I'm not sure it makes a difference in that regard. Even if they knew it was going to happen what were they supposed to do? Tell some other kid we have a pretty good idea that we are going to have a kid leave the very day classes start and are you interested. Meanwhile if he doesn't leave you will have no where to go.

ZomboMeme 28082017172640.jpg

Sure. We'll just work the free agent wire, or maybe some other team will place a big man on waivers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom