Where is Taurean...? | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Where is Taurean...?

I really don't understand how the staff had no idea about this a month ago. The handwriting was on the wall and if they knew about it you'd recruit someone and have had someone on campus by now. I believe Thompson did this to truly screw SU. We should try to find someone else asap because we will have no inside game without him

I will be shocked to find out that Syracuse is able to sign up a recruit or a transfer that is eligible to play this year.

I agree that Thompson had to know that he would not be back at SU for at least the past month. Otherwise based on the SHU fan's input, he had to be aware of the opening at SHU.
I am just surprised that he thinks that he may be able to play this season after transferring.
Wish him well (half heartedly) and hope that SHU coaching staff can get more out of him that SU was able to.
Cmon Matt Moyer, do outstanding this season and help us forget this guy.

He is not going to be eligible to play for you this coming season. He will have to sit out a year. Syracuse is 4 hours away from his home and SH is 30 minutes. I'm not sure it makes a huge difference but I wish him all the best.
What am i missing? How is 1 hour not significantly different from 8 hours, round trip?
And we're talking about Syracuse winter driving. The last time i went to Syracuse, it was for a basketball game, and we almost died. White-out snowfall on the highway, and 18-wheelers were jack-knifing. That was the last time.
Plus, if you drive up for an evening/night game, aren't you staying the night? And, aside from making it easier on just his mom, you gotta figure there are friends and other family members who can more easily attend games. If, in fact, this is what it really is about.

What am i missing? How is 1 hour not significantly different from 8 hours, round trip?
And we're talking about Syracuse winter driving. The last time i went to Syracuse, it was for a basketball game, and we almost died. White-out snowfall on the highway, and 18-wheelers were jack-knifing. That was the last time.
Plus, if you drive up for an evening/night game, aren't you staying the night? And, aside from making it easier on just his mom, you gotta figure there are friends and other family members who can more easily attend games. If, in fact, this is what it really is about.

Was this the Louisville game a couple years ago? Driving over the bridge on my way back to the Thruway was not fun. Legitimately couldn't see more than a few feet in front of me.

Was this the Louisville game a couple years ago? Driving over the bridge on my way back to the Thruway was not fun. Legitimately couldn't see more than a few feet in front of me.
No, much further back than that. But, yeah, that's what it was like. And all the more terrifying, as i was only a passenger, and the driver's skills were, um... suspect.

No, much further back than that. But, yeah, that's what it was like. And all the more terrifying, as i was only a passenger, and the driver's skills were, um... suspect.
this is on the staff. i don't know what exactly the deal is but they sure should. that's their job.

Try driving in a surprise storm back to Albany following a night game while driving a rear wheel Miata. The hills around Herkimer on the Thruway were frightening.

No need to bash the kid. He might be dealing with some things that none of us know about or understand. Always easy to make snap judgments.

He got thrown into the mix last year and did a pretty good job.

Good luck to the kid in the future.

JB is in a tough spot this year. Wow.
Baloney. If that's true, have the damn courtesy to communicate with your coaches and teammates. The full on radio silence shows a real selfishness here on the part of him and his mom.

I'm willing to bet that TT would have been back at SU if a scholly hadn't opened up at SHU. It took so long because Mama was hedging her bets.

For some reason i think he never plays another minute of college basketball but instead tries to play professionally somewhere .

Can anyone say "Mike Scott?" :rolleyes:

Addition by subtraction...

We will be much better defensively and team chemistry wise. The offense is going to suffer in half court sets without TT, but maybe now JB will have to run and press more often to create offense. That's not a bad thing, IMO. The freshmen forwards will need to produce - I have no doubt that OB will; I hope MD is up to the challenge physically. Moyer will be a "glue" guy and, hopefully, a leader.

Addition by subtraction indeed: Sidibe is the future and this gives him minutes.

I don't even think the O will suffer that much. TT had a nice mid range shot - coming off the bench and not drawing primary defensive attention. I don't think that pct would have been nearly as high as a primary option; and if you can't hit those long twos with a good pct then it's a terrible shot.

JB is positioned for serious contention beginning 2019 anyway; this just gives the bigs who will be in that rotation more developmental time.

Hey Guys,

I am a hall fan, and had started to read your board this am when I heard rumblings.

As someone who has been around the program for a while, I can tell you this comes at a pretty big shock to most everyone. The article for our roster spot opening up was legit just bad timing. That spot opened up over a month ago with one of our recruits heading down to play for Kevin Boyle at MontVerde.

I realize you do not view us to be a peer of yours, but we were right there at the end when he made his decision last year. We all heard about "Mom" and how she was a huge factor in his recruitment. It does not completely shock me that he would come closer to home to play consider him and his mothers relationship. Can we all agree its odd he doesn't use any type of social media and just got a cell phone?

Lets leave him alone and not bash him, maybe he is actually the type of kid who WILL benefit from being closer to home.

Either way I am thrilled. The last piece we needed was a 5 who could score. Once you stack him up against Angel Delagado who lead the nation in rebounds this year, we go from a pre-season top 20 to top 15.

Do any of you know anything about the fact he only signed financial aid package and not a scholly with Cuse?
He ain't gonna be playin for you this season. He'll have to sit out a year. After Willard hired Isaiah Whitehead's high school coach, I always thought he was a lil shady.

I don't think you can win with a player like TT. He's a talented offensive player, but you never really know what he's going to do on offense. He doesn't have great judgment when playing offense and his defense is awful. We automatically become a better defensive team. His effort was extremely inconsistent and he cared little about defense and rebounding. He and his mother were a PITA. I like our young players and from what I see they put out great effort all the time. They are winning players. I don't think you can say that about TT.

I don't think you can win with a player like TT. He's a talented offensive player, but you never really know what he's going to do on offense. He doesn't have great judgment when playing offense and his defense is awful. We automatically become a better defensive team. His effort was extremely inconsistent and he cared little about defense and rebounding. He and his mother were a PITA. I like our young players and from what I see they put out great effort all the time. They are winning players. I don't think you can say that about TT.

I tend to agree. This will sound like sour grapes, but I had a difficult time getting excited about Taurean this year because of his defense. He is young, and will obviously improve on both ends, but the defense, the shot selection and the rebounding left a lot to be desired. I think we have young players that can bring more to the table on both ends (especially Brissett). Front court depth obviously remains a huge concern though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom