Where is Taurean...? | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Where is Taurean...?

I tend to agree. This will sound like sour grapes, but I had a difficult time getting excited about Taurean this year because of his defense. He is young, and will obviously improve on both ends, but the defense, the shot selection and the rebounding left a lot to be desired. I think we have young players that can bring more to the table on both ends (especially Brissett). Front court depth obviously remains a huge concern though.
It does solidify the positions in the frontcourt, as we no longer have a player that would swing from 4 to 5. Roles are clearly defined. We still have 2 Centers - its not the end of the world.

Moyer will be getting a huge bump in PT.
I love when good things happen to good people!

Wouldn't be surprised to see Moyer indirectly replace TT the way Duany indirectly replaced MeShaun. Seemingly less talented but much more productive in a wholistic sense.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I am a hall fan, and had started to read your board this am when I heard rumblings.

As someone who has been around the program for a while, I can tell you this comes at a pretty big shock to most everyone. The article for our roster spot opening up was legit just bad timing. That spot opened up over a month ago with one of our recruits heading down to play for Kevin Boyle at MontVerde.

I realize you do not view us to be a peer of yours, but we were right there at the end when he made his decision last year. We all heard about "Mom" and how she was a huge factor in his recruitment. It does not completely shock me that he would come closer to home to play consider him and his mothers relationship. Can we all agree its odd he doesn't use any type of social media and just got a cell phone?

Lets leave him alone and not bash him, maybe he is actually the type of kid who WILL benefit from being closer to home.

Either way I am thrilled. The last piece we needed was a 5 who could score. Once you stack him up against Angel Delagado who lead the nation in rebounds this year, we go from a pre-season top 20 to top 15.

Do any of you know anything about the fact he only signed financial aid package and not a scholly with Cuse?
His plus minus, against real teams, is a huge minus.

I love when good things happen to good people!

Wouldn't be surprised to see Moyer indirectly replace TT the way Duany indirectly replace MeShaun. Seemingly less talented but much more productive in a wholistic sense.

Moyer was actually a more heralded recruit than Thompson for the most part, but more of a 3/4 coming out of high school.
As far as TT, I remember the drama with his recruiting and his mother. Having this come out today when he easily could have made a decision much earlier in the summer or spring says a lot to me, especially since he didn't communicate with anyone this whole time. Don't need these types of headaches on the team. It obviously hurts for next year, but let him be an issue for some other program IMO.

Very weird situation. One of the weirdest I have seen honestly.

Offense takes a massive hit. Guy can score. Also seemed very willing to force shots...

That said, and I stand by this and have said it a dozen + times, he was the worst defender I have ever seen.

Would have played 30+ a game next year but oh well. I don't like to judge on court expressions but now that this has transpired, I can't say I always saw the best body language out there from him.

Got to hope we have multiple players truly exceed expectations.

No need to bash the kid. He might be dealing with some things that none of us know about or understand. Always easy to make snap judgments.

He got thrown into the mix last year and did a pretty good job.

Good luck to the kid in the future.

JB is in a tough spot this year. Wow.

No, this was a lousy person, who made a change in the worst possible way. I wish him nothing. Luck is for those who deserve it, and this guy does not.

Very weird situation. One of the weirdest I have seen honestly.

Offense takes a massive hit. Guy can score. Also seemed very willing to force shots...

That said, and I stand by this and have said it a dozen + times, he was the worst defender I have ever seen.

Would have played 30+ a game next year but oh well. I don't like to judge on court expressions but now that this has transpired, I can't say I always saw the best body language out there from him.

Got to hope we have multiple players truly exceed expectations.
I thought it was a little odd at the time and even mentioned it in a post that I couldn't find. Anyway, take a look at Thompson in this vid. Kinda "interesting" demeanor and look on his face, IMO.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised to find out there was tampering involving SH and SP regarding TT

As others said,short term it hurts but long term for the best.

If anything I feel we will see a much improved chemistry this year and the Euro has my vote of confidence.

Is former Syracuse basketball forward Taurean Thompson headed to Seton Hall?

The NCAA requires student-athletes in men's and women's basketball to sit out a season if they leave one program and enroll at another. The terminology doesn't matter. A player can say he's withdrawing or taking a leave of absence. The NCAA still considers him/her a transfer, subject to transfer rules. In Division I college basketball, transfers must sit out a season, even if the reason provided for that transfer is an ill family member in need of care or a student-athlete who simply wants to be closer to a family member.

Is former Syracuse basketball forward Taurean Thompson headed to Seton Hall?

The NCAA requires student-athletes in men's and women's basketball to sit out a season if they leave one program and enroll at another. The terminology doesn't matter. A player can say he's withdrawing or taking a leave of absence. The NCAA still considers him/her a transfer, subject to transfer rules. In Division I college basketball, transfers must sit out a season, even if the reason provided for that transfer is an ill family member in need of care or a student-athlete who simply wants to be closer to a family member.
What if he had signed financial aid papers instead of a LOI with SU?

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/c/b/9/cb9...03979670&hwt=34c3df6bef0760f07b5fa5e3cc07365a

@BarstoolReags commented his insight on this podcast, a little bit about TT around the 65 / 68 minute mark... said that he thinks TT will try to be eligible this year (says TT wasn't on athletic scholly or something along those lines, so family would try to get a family hardship waiver). I would be pissed if that happened.

Rest of it is kind of ripping on Syracuse but just wanted to bring up that one point

I wrote about this a year ago. Its called co dependency disorder. It is almost impossible to cure until one of the vo dependence dies. I know this as my family delt with it. TT regardless of schools has a very slim chance of ever breaking free from his mother.

I wrote about this a year ago. Its called co dependency disorder. It is almost impossible to cure until one of the vo dependence dies. I know this as my family delt with it. TT regardless of schools has a very slim chance of ever breaking free from his mother.
The diagnostic skills of the board "psychologists" in this thread are beginning to rival those of the board "doctors" in the Clark/Tucker threads :cool:

I generally like your posts & certainly don't mean to put this all on you directly but the conclusions that many here draw based solely on assumptions & one side of the story are incredible.

Didn't Taurean already demonstrate a bit of independence by choosing to attend SU even though his mother is believed to have wanted SH all along?

Isn't it believed that if it wasn't for Tyus Battle's dad, he'd be at Michigan?

Let's not project the future of this kid's personal/family life based on a single decision that we, as basketball fans, don't like/agree with.

Ah, what did it say. Won't load so assume it was deleted.

Guess there is an issue with tweets displaying on the board right now, but it still shows up if you go directly to his twitter account. It says "Seton Hall or Syracuse? For anyone who knows baskerball that's an easy choice. I love our team and our coaches."

Agree totally with W'boro'Cuse315 and I mentioned this to you last year. While I respect your knowledge based on your family experience, to continue insisting your diagnosis is 100% correct based solely on what you read on the internet, without actually knowing anyone involved, is rather irresponsible.

My take on this is there are hungrier players that will be ready for the season (Brissett and Moyer). Chukwu is a mystery because we don't know how he will fare after his injury, but he is 7'2", which you can't teach. Also, there will now only be one player with one foot out the door to the NBA instead of two, and Battle will, you know...battle. To me this has been a problem for a while here: a couple of players looking towards the future rather than playing in the present.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom