Where is Taurean...? | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Where is Taurean...?

The staff did everything possible, they did zero wrong.

What was Taureans mom doing in Las Vegas last month at the AAU tournament? I can tell you it was not for medical reasons.

Hurts us, but good riddance, gonna be a down year, next season Baze, Carey, Elijah, Buddy, and Roberts or Carrigan with Oshae, HWJ, Moyer, Sidibe plus we might need another guard def another forward.

Gone
Battle pro
Geno graduates

TBD
Marek depends on how he adjusts to different country and if he likes it here, would only go back home, not another program

Frank and Paschal depends on PT and performance, I could see both transfer out

19- K Battle plus a ton of options

Last edited:
Can we please confirm that Thorpe and Dolezaj are on campus? Pics would help reassure me.

Edit: Thorpe's biggest fan, Danielle, reached out to me privately to reassure me there are no concerns with Thorpe. This is Danielle, in case some of you forgot.
View attachment 108281

She can privately reassure me too.

So this kid didn't say a thing to anyone the whole summer about this, and then just showed up at Seton Hall today? Seriously?

In Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, we find John Connor living "under the grid," guided by what his mom told him is his destiny. That is Taurean Thompson in a nutshell. No social media, doesn't return phone calls.

This is the kid who did his best to ostracize Matt Moyer last summer, calling him "white" because of his academic/violin interests, to the point it became an on-court problem in practices.

Loved Thompson's offensive skill and think he had a certain energy that could've been positively channeled toward team goals, but I'm not shedding any tears over this departure.

Now...what grossly undersized forward will be thrown into the center position in November once Boeheim decides that Chukwu shouldn't play? We've lost our two best/worst options.

The 1st sentence is sad and pathetic if true. Academic and music interest are not unique to one race nor should they be.:mad:

Am I out of my mind to care less that this dude transferred? He can't play defense and has old-man game in the post. He can score, sure, but whatever.

I'm very much cool rotating Sidibe and Chukwu in as defensive Centers and relying on our guards and forwards to carry us.

Thorpe/Battle/Dolezaj/Brissett still give us nightmarish defensive size and potential as 3 of them are possible future draft picks. Howard and Moyer off the bench for depth. Let's see what these guys can do. Definitely not torn up about TT leaving.

OttoMets where did you hear that racist nugget about what Thompson said to/about Matt Moyer?

Imagine if a white player said something like that to a black player. It would've been a national scandal.

This is the kid who did his best to ostracize Matt Moyer last summer, calling him "white" because of his academic/violin interests, to the point it became an on-court problem in practices.

Loved Thompson's offensive skill and think he had a certain energy that could've been positively channeled toward team goals, but I'm not shedding any tears over this departure.

Now...what grossly undersized forward will be thrown into the center position in November once Boeheim decides that Chukwu shouldn't play? We've lost our two best/worst options.

This is 100% completely false. Can not stress enough how false of a claim this is. I can confirm from sourceS literally as close to that situation as possible that you made this up. If you're upset he left the program that's fine but don't trash his name with completely made up stories on here. That's childish and pathetic.

This will be a real tough loss for this year but know the staff was not blindsided by this. Time for some of the other guys were hopeful on to maybe step up and speed up the learning curve.

Wow - he played SU dirty.

NBA teams will remember this - if he is even good enough to go to the Association.

Could this open up a 2017 slot for a kid like Ayala or someone else to reclassify?

Could someone else be in the plans that we don't know about?

OttoMets where did you hear that racist nugget about what Thompson said to/about Matt Moyer?

Imagine if a white player said something like that to a black player. It would've been a national scandal.

He made it up. It's not true and as I said in my prior post that I can confirm from very strong sources that his story is baseless. Embarrassing he would post that on this board and that mods wouldn't step in.

200.webp

So this kid didn't say a thing to anyone the whole summer about this, and then just showed up at Seton Hall today? Seriously?[/QUOTE

Bingo, Seton Hall has been involved since May 23

He made it up. It's not true and as I said in my prior post that I can confirm from very strong sources that his story is baseless. Embarrassing he would post that on this board and that mods wouldn't step in.

Was it another player who said it? Because that's a very strong statement from Otto, and he's a good dude despite being a Mets fan, who rarely comes out of left field with something false.

I know Frank and TT had a beef last year. Wouldn't be surprised if Frank made a comment like this, or maybe Frank was jumping in on Moyer's side and this did actually happen.

His mom is now Seton Hall's problem. Had not heard specifically about Thompson hazing Moyer, but had been told that Thompson was a "very weird kid" and not a great teammate. Lacked social skills.

Not surprising at all...

I understand these kids have a right to their privacy, so I don't expect a lengthy exposé on why he's not around, but I am surprised Donna or Mike haven't even mentioned anything about this. It seems important enough for them to note that he's not on campus and hasn't been around this summer.

I could be off base here; what do you guys think?

My guess would be the overwhelming fear of old man JB ripping them during a press conference in 8 months or so after a weak win.

On the family medical issues, sometimes the NCAA gives a waiver for a kid to not sit out a year when they transfer in those cases (in order to be closer to home). Hmm.
Yep this is why it's being framed this way.

Surprised he didn't do this Jan 1 last year honestly.

His mom is now Seton Hall's problem. Had not heard specifically about Thompson hazing Moyer, but had been told that Thompson was a "very weird kid" and not a great teammate. Lacked social skills.

Jake any options for SU to bring in another player. I know its as late as it can be but maybe somebody for the second semester?

1st I am hearing of this, I do not believe it , Battle would have gone nuts and it would have been public

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom