Where is Taurean...? | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Where is Taurean...?

Addition by subtraction...

We will be much better defensively and team chemistry wise. The offense is going to suffer in half court sets without TT, but maybe now JB will have to run and press more often to create offense. That's not a bad thing, IMO. The freshmen forwards will need to produce - I have no doubt that OB will; I hope MD is up to the challenge physically. Moyer will be a "glue" guy and, hopefully, a leader.

Was it another player who said it? Because that's a very strong statement from Otto, and he's a good dude despite being a Mets fan, who rarely comes out of left field with something false.

I know Frank and TT had a beef last year. Wouldn't be surprised if Frank made a comment like this, or maybe Frank was jumping in on Moyer's side and this did actually happen.

All I can say is that if what Otto said is true then he wasn't just breaking that story to people on this board but to individuals involved in his story as well.

When someone isn't on campus before classes start, that's when the red flags should be raised. As the Summer neared its conclusion, we started figuring something up. He didn't return calls of his teammates or staff, nor did his mother. It'll be another down for SU, but it is what it is. His mother will be the headache for another program. They're using the sick excuse to get a waiver to play immediately.

All I can say is that if what Otto said is true then he wasn't just breaking that story to people on this board but to individuals involved in his story as well.

I'm guessing you have a connection to Moyer then. Understood.

This is 100% completely false. Can not stress enough how false of a claim this is. I can confirm from sourceS literally as close to that situation as possible that you made this up. If you're upset he left the program that's fine but don't trash his name with completely made up stories on here. That's childish and pathetic.

This will be a real tough loss for this year but know the staff was not blindsided by this. Time for some of the other guys were hopeful on to maybe step up and speed up the learning curve.

We could do without the "childish and pathetic" and accusations that I made that up. Best to ease up there.

Could not care less that someone left the program.

This is 100% completely false. Can not stress enough how false of a claim this is. I can confirm from sourceS literally as close to that situation as possible that you made this up. If you're upset he left the program that's fine but don't trash his name with completely made up stories on here. That's childish and pathetic.

This will be a real tough loss for this year but know the staff was not blindsided by this. Time for some of the other guys were hopeful on to maybe step up and speed up the learning curve.
Staff did know

The 1st sentence is sad and pathetic if true. Academic and music interest are not unique to one race nor should they be.:mad:
If this is true, what did the coaching staff do to address it?

This year is going to one of our most interesting ever. So freaky young. Not sure we've never had one lacking shooting like this though. But you have battle and a team that should be able to get after it defensively.

No need to bash the kid. He might be dealing with some things that none of us know about or understand. Always easy to make snap judgments.

He got thrown into the mix last year and did a pretty good job.

Good luck to the kid in the future.

Nobody is bashing him. It's just one of the most bizarre and mysterious stories especially considering the timing.

You guys have much different definitions of "fascinating" and "interesting" than I do.

Am I out of my mind to care less that this dude transferred? He can't play defense and has old-man game in the post. He can score, sure, but whatever.

I'm very much cool rotating Sidibe and Chukwu in as defensive Centers and relying on our guards and forwards to carry us.

Thorpe/Battle/Dolezaj/Brissett still give us nightmarish defensive size and potential as 3 of them are possible future draft picks. Howard and Moyer off the bench for depth. Let's see what these guys can do. Definitely not torn up about TT leaving.

I'm with you here. Old man game for sure who can't play defense. He's too weak and finesse for that type of game/style, IMO. I think we'll be OK there with mostly Sidibe and minimal Chukwu. Can't get much worse than past year in the paint. Having him stay could disrupt chemistry even more. Wouldn't be surpised if he never makes it to the court at SHU for actual games.

There was always bad "energy" with this kid. Some kids you just can't help. His loss more than ours. We have Euro Dude. Next man up. Team chemistry will be better.

This really is too bad. I agree with what Francis said about the staff knew what they were signing up for. I'm still disappointed. I really had hope the kid could work hard and be a passable defensive player. He was always going to be a little on the soft side but he was 6'10" kid who could shoot a medium range jumper and had a decent handle. He was never going to be a tenacious rebounder but he would have been a big help in other areas. People who can't see that are kidding themselves in my opinion. This is going to put pressur on Moyer to score when he is in there. I love Brissett and I'm not worried about him coming in and being productive. I have felt that way for quite some time. If Sidibe can play solid defense as iommi has said then I think we might be ok but on offense if Sidibe is in there we really need the two forwards to be able to create and do things. I think Brissett is the complete forward that can do that and Marek is going to be able to drive and play above the rim. I think Moyer will be good but I thought it would have been nice to have TT at the 5 and Brissett or Marek at the 4 then you have two capable scorers when Moyer is in the game. I love the tenacity and intelligence Moyer plays with but I'm worried about his shooting and his lateral quickness in the ACC.

You're not ruining opening week of SU football for me.

Not communicating at all over the summer, good lesson to the kids on how not to do things.

Disappointing, but sounded like a ticking time bomb anyway. Best to know awhile ago, but better to know now.

Does Seton Hall not require Bigs to play any D?

Because he's not going to magically stop being a minus defender after not practicing all summer.

He went from being Option 1B on a fringe Top 25 team playing for a HOF coach in an iconic venue in by far the best conference in the country, to... Seton Hall?

Good luck with that.

Bye Felicia.

There was always bad "energy" with this kid. Some kids you just can't help. His loss more than ours. We have Euro Dude. Next man up. Team chemistry will be better.
I'm not sure I agree with this. I always felt like he was on the bench cheering on teammates during games. He never seemed disinterested or anything. He also got more run for how bad he was at defense then I would have ever expected from JAB. I felt like FH looked much more disinterested than him. I'm on the west coast and just going by what I see on the TV though. Never at games and no inside info.

With Thompson leaving my only prediction for this season is the Orange will come out playing 2-3 zone on defense. I can't even think about how many games they will win. My brain can't handle the truth.

Does Seton Hall not require Bigs to play any D?

Because he's not going to magically stop being a minus defender after not practicing all summer.

He went from being Option 1B on a fringe Top 25 team playing for a HOF coach in an iconic venue in by far the best conference in the country, to... Seton Hall?

Good luck with that.

Bye Felicia.

At a minimum, he is tacking on another year before he can go pro. All he had to do was grow some thicker skin, gain some lateral movement, and likely be pro in a year.

This really is too bad. I agree with what Francis said about the staff knew what they were signing up for. I'm still disappointed. I really had hope the kid could work hard and be a passable defensive player. He was always going to be a little on the soft side but he was 6'10" kid who could shoot a medium range jumper and had a decent handle. He was never going to be a tenacious rebounder but he would have been a big help in other areas. People who can't see that are kidding themselves in my opinion. This is going to put pressur on Moyer to score when he is in there. I love Brissett and I'm not worried about him coming in and being productive. I have felt that way for quite some time. If Sidibe can play solid defense as iommi has said then I think we might be ok but on offense if Sidibe is in there we really need the two forwards to be able to create and do things. I think Brissett is the complete forward that can do that and Marek is going to be able to drive and play above the rim. I think Moyer will be good but I thought it would have been nice to have TT at the 5 and Brissett or Marek at the 4 then you have two capable scorers when Moyer is in the game. I love the tenacity and intelligence Moyer plays with but I'm worried about his shooting and his lateral quickness in the ACC.

That's solid. Good look on Moyer. Worry about that too. But, yeah, offensively TT could've helped space the floor. Remains to be seen what would've happened if/when anybody actually guarded TT, but, he can hit an open jumper for sure and that is valuable especially in today's game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom