Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge? | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge?

I'm a bit surprised that, after all these years, Paulie is still being the weird, tough guy who likes to puff up his chest and talk sh$t. What does this gain him?

I'm definitely rooting for the old farts - Era 1 - as I am an old fart who has been watching for 40 seasons.
My bet is on Era 3, though. I think Jordan is the best competitor in the season.
Yeah, I don't know that the eras are balanced per se, but they're all interesting. I wonder how much of the show is going to be competing within the era vs pitting eras against eras.

I'm a bit surprised that, after all these years, Paulie is still being the weird, tough guy who likes to puff up his chest and talk sh$t. What does this gain him?

I'm definitely rooting for the old farts - Era 1 - as I am an old fart who has been watching for 40 seasons.
My bet is on Era 3, though. I think Jordan is the best competitor in the season.

I kinda forgot about Paulie, but I immediately remember how much I dislike him.

Same. Old farts all day. I can't live without CT's "Pro Tips" all season.

I think Era 4 is gonna fall apart fast. They're already hanging by a thread.

Also, I really like that Katie is on the show. LOL Katie is hilariously useless.

Yeah, I don't know that the eras are balanced per se, but they're all interesting. I wonder how much of the show is going to be competing within the era vs pitting eras against eras.

I was curious about that too. How it all shakes out - because they're kinda all talking as if they're " a team" but then at the same time they're knocking each other out.

I kinda forgot about Paulie, but I immediately remember how much I dislike him.

Same. Old farts all day. I can't live without CT's "Pro Tips" all season.

I think Era 4 is gonna fall apart fast. They're already hanging by a thread.

Also, I really like that Katie is on the show. LOL Katie is hilariously useless.
You do kinda need some just straight up terrible competitors.

She used to smoke during the challenges, right? That was Katie????
Lol I think you're right.

She even won Inferno and went to another final tho!

Lol I think you're right.

She even won Inferno and went to another final tho!

Adios!!! She has a win?

Okay. I'm dying right now. Katie won a challenge? She's officially my hero.

Adios!!! She has a win?

Okay. I'm dying right now. Katie won a challenge? She's officially my hero.
I mean, they were simpler times.

All time cast. Should be a great season.

Arguably 3 best females ever all on the same team.

I just love this show.

Paulie getting trucked was just beautiful.

Aneesa got lucky. Brandon got screwed.

I guess I just don't understand the rules on some of these games. I don't understand why Amanda didn't draw a dead ball in balls in. I really, really don't understand why Olivia was allowed to sit down and hold Nurys' leg in Hall Brawl, especially since it seemed like TJ specifically yelled to Paulie that he couldn't do that. I just don't understand.

Derek is one of the best ever. That guy is just made for this show.

I kinda like Kelly Anne. Bummed she's out but definitely good for Cara to still be around.

Who knows what the Karma will mean in the game, but nice to know a factor like that is looming, and that the competitors understand that something happens when someone is eliminated with the vague clue from TJ that how you treat people matters. I like that they have to think about that. They're still gonna get messy, but I like it.

The couples are broken up. Honestly it's better for the game. The game works better when there's some spontaneous polidicking, but the relationships coming in always mess stuff up.

TJ going with the beard this season.

I just love this show.

Paulie getting trucked was just beautiful.

Aneesa got lucky. Brandon got screwed.

I guess I just don't understand the rules on some of these games. I don't understand why Amanda didn't draw a dead ball in balls in. I really, really don't understand why Olivia was allowed to sit down and hold Nurys' leg in Hall Brawl, especially since it seemed like TJ specifically yelled to Paulie that he couldn't do that. I just don't understand.

Derek is one of the best ever. That guy is just made for this show.

I kinda like Kelly Anne. Bummed she's out but definitely good for Cara to still be around.

Who knows what the Karma will mean in the game, but nice to know a factor like that is looming, and that the competitors understand that something happens when someone is eliminated with the vague clue from TJ that how you treat people matters. I like that they have to think about that. They're still gonna get messy, but I like it.

The couples are broken up. Honestly it's better for the game. The game works better when there's some spontaneous polidicking, but the relationships coming in always mess stuff up.

TJ going with the beard this season.

I really can't disagree with anything.

Balls in confused the heck out of me. I'm not sure if it was the broadcast, but I feel like there were two instances where they gave them a point before they scored. I guess for Amanda cuz the ball was still in play they let it go on? However, on another one, that same scenario seemed to happen and they did blow the whistle. I was just confused.

Amanda is just hilarious. Sad to see her go. She always loses it and wants to throw challenges just to screw people. What a great thing to be known for.

I wish they showed a clearer view of how/why Katie pulled her legs out of that chokehold she had Aneesa in? Maybe I missed it, but seems like she could have just held her throat with her leg until she surrendered. I get it though. I've seen the guys in old events though essentially choke someone out with the pole - so the legs seemed legit. Again, maybe I missed Aneesa escape the hold though.

I was sure Derek would win. And he did :) Love that dude. No shade to Mark though.

I'll give Theo credit - he got low and just smashed Paulie. He utterly destroyed him. But why didn't Horacio explain the concept of leverage to Nurys? She was never going to go chest to chest and win - she's TINY. Get low and pray you hit her well. Also, if someone is holding your leg like that - at some point - you gotta kick them "unintentionally"

Also, did Theo try to stomp Paulie's face and just miss, or was he stomping next to his face?????

I couldn't figure out who KellyAnne was until they showed the flashback. I vaguely rememberd, but it took those clips. I was rooting for her, but that was a tough one either way.

I really can't disagree with anything.

Balls in confused the heck out of me. I'm not sure if it was the broadcast, but I feel like there were two instances where they gave them a point before they scored. I guess for Amanda cuz the ball was still in play they let it go on? However, on another one, that same scenario seemed to happen and they did blow the whistle. I was just confused.

Amanda is just hilarious. Sad to see her go. She always loses it and wants to throw challenges just to screw people. What a great thing to be known for.

I wish they showed a clearer view of how/why Katie pulled her legs out of that chokehold she had Aneesa in? Maybe I missed it, but seems like she could have just held her throat with her leg until she surrendered. I get it though. I've seen the guys in old events though essentially choke someone out with the pole - so the legs seemed legit. Again, maybe I missed Aneesa escape the hold though.

I was sure Derek would win. And he did :) Love that dude. No shade to Mark though.

I'll give Theo credit - he got low and just smashed Paulie. He utterly destroyed him. But why didn't Horacio explain the concept of leverage to Nurys? She was never going to go chest to chest and win - she's TINY. Get low and pray you hit her well. Also, if someone is holding your leg like that - at some point - you gotta kick them "unintentionally"

Also, did Theo try to stomp Paulie's face and just miss, or was he stomping next to his face?????

I couldn't figure out who KellyAnne was until they showed the flashback. I vaguely rememberd, but it took those clips. I was rooting for her, but that was a tough one either way.
Yeah it seems if you get dropped in the inner circle that scores on balls in.

Again, I don't really get it. That really favors the offense.

It's just amazing how consistent some competitors are.

Josh can't help himself from being a social moron. Tony can't help himself from playing a moron's game in general.

Avery is not ugly.

I like that hiding from eliminations is going to be a lot harder.

It's just amazing how consistent some competitors are.

Josh can't help himself from being a social moron. Tony can't help himself from playing a moron's game in general.

Avery is not ugly.

I like that hiding from eliminations is going to be a lot harder.

I'll do the spoiler just in case.

Tony is an idiot. I feel like this is Tony though. Maybe I'm wrong, but i think he always overestimates how good he is once 'Tony Time' kicks in. He's just dumb. I do love that he can eat anything. That makes me laugh.

Tony also went with the classic, "I ain't playing afraid," line as he tries to protect the big names. I think that is being afraid???? So weird.

Avery was great. Stood her ground against that bozo.

Did not like that preview for next week.

Jordan volunteering was so Jordan that they should call throwing yourself in "A Jordan."

Era 1 really tanked that challenge.

Aneesa acting all hurt every time she gets picked is silly. Get in shape or deal with it. The out of shape and the tiny are always called out. Always. Unless it's CT, because CT crushes everyone in strength and puzzles so it's dangerous to pick him no matter how bad a shape he's in!

I'll do the spoiler just in case.

Tony is an idiot. I feel like this is Tony though. Maybe I'm wrong, but i think he always overestimates how good he is once 'Tony Time' kicks in. He's just dumb. I do love that he can eat anything. That makes me laugh.

Tony also went with the classic, "I ain't playing afraid," line as he tries to protect the big names. I think that is being afraid???? So weird.

Avery was great. Stood her ground against that bozo.

Did not like that preview for next week.

Jordan volunteering was so Jordan that they should call throwing yourself in "A Jordan."

Era 1 really tanked that challenge.

Aneesa acting all hurt every time she gets picked is silly. Get in shape or deal with it. The out of shape and the tiny are always called out. Always. Unless it's CT, because CT crushes everyone in strength and puzzles so it's dangerous to pick him no matter how bad a shape he's in!
The Challenge reveals who you really are, and Tony is an illogical idiot.

I hear you on Aneesa. And what's crazy is, young Aneesa was an athlete!

I really enjoy the eating challenges but this one didn't have enough puking. I know that sounds messed up, but it's true.

Ok, we're just not seeing the whole story on eliminations this season.

Something weird happened at the end of the guy's elimination. The commentary from the confessionals alluded to it, but you see Horacio casually catch the last ball, stroll over to his board, and put the last peg in and call for check. The air horn goes off. It shows Derek in front of his board, clearly missing a peg in the upper right. But then he wins? They show the boards later and they're both full.

Also looks like Laurel is throwing Challenges. Not a fan of that.

The Challenge reveals who you really are, and Tony is an illogical idiot.

I hear you on Aneesa. And what's crazy is, young Aneesa was an athlete!

I really enjoy the eating challenges but this one didn't have enough puking. I know that sounds messed up, but it's true.
I’m too weeks behind. Saving them to watch in a flight on Sunday. I read the eating challenge had the option for vegan. Really watering down if that’s true.

I’m too weeks behind. Saving them to watch in a flight on Sunday. I read the eating challenge had the option for vegan. Really watering down if that’s true.
I think they've done that before, and it appeared to lead to some puking, so I think it's fair.

This show has always utilized sketchy editing but they're turning it up a huge notch this season.
Tony was pretty emphatic that he didn't actually play it as stupidly as it appears. I think Tony is a big meathead but I think it's likely that he might be kind of right.

P.S. Laurel is a bully and a cow.

This show has always utilized sketchy editing but they're turning it up a huge notch this season.
Tony was pretty emphatic that he didn't actually play it as stupidly as it appears. I think Tony is a big meathead but I think it's likely that he might be kind of right.

Agree. The way she treated Cara in all stars was bad. I really hope someone destroys her in an elimination. She’s crossed over to a point that I would rather her not be on the show.

Oh geez, you're right.

From what I’ve read, the main problem is that the equipment for the game sucked. Yes, some of Derick’s pegs fell out but the rules indicated that the first to put the pegs in the hole wins. If they fall out due to a poorly built board, that was deemed to be not the competitor‘s fault so they had staff put the pegs back in.

According to Derrick’s podcast, the same thing happened with Aneesa because the Era 1 board sucked. Derrick also claimed production helped Horacio with one of his pegs so I am a bit skeptical that Horacio is being completely honest about ‘nobody helping him’. He sounds like a baby in that interview.

The empty hole in the upper right corner was already filled by Derrick but the peg fell.

The game was cheap, flimsy crap but, of course, this wasn’t explained in the episode and now Derrick is getting blamed for MTV’s cockup. And people who love drama - Devin, Nurys, Jordan - are hyping the controversy.

Why would MTV cheat to keep old man Derrick on the show instead of Horacio? That doesn’t make sense.

Horacio will be missed.
Not by me…but probably by people somewhere. People who eat mayo on Wonder bread sandwiches and love the acting in the Twilight movies.

Horacio will be missed.
Not by me…but probably by people somewhere. People who eat mayo on Wonder bread sandwiches and love the acting in the Twilight movies.
Well, I'm 1 for 2 I guess.

I hate mayo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom