Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game?? | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game??

As for recruiting, this upcoming class just seems way worse than normal.

All moot if we beat Pitt, or play them down the wire. If it's an ugly loss, Wildhack has some things to think about, and quickly. Really depends on who he has on his short list, and again, if the buyout is something they could do (with BoT buy-in).

And if we lose big to Pitt that recruiting can get even worse. You have a coach that nobody expects back even if he returns next year. So we already will have a set back with this years recruiting and next year could potentially be worse if you’ve got a coach everyone is expecting to be fired. That sets the program up for long term disaster for quite a few years. One reason I think it has to happen this year and I realize the buyout is an issue.

And if we lose big to Pitt that recruiting can get even worse. You have a coach that nobody expects back even if he returns next year. So we already will have a set back with this years recruiting and next year could potentially be worse if you’ve got a coach everyone is expecting to be fired. That sets the program up for long term disaster for quite a few years. One reason I think it has to happen this year and I realize the buyout is an issue.

Yup, and if Tucker does decide to hit the Portal what exactly is the offense next year because we have a QB who can't throw and one of the worst Power 5 recruiting classes. But hey Elmore is coming back next year so I am sure that will get a ton of praise from the Dino guys. The buyout cost really has to be the only impetuous to not making a move at this point because every other metric is a disaster.

Shafer never sniffed the level of wins Dino has. This is a dumb argument.
If you doubled shafers wins to account for a 6 year term Babers has like 2-3 more wins

Yup, and if Tucker does decide to hit the Portal what exactly is the offense next year because we have a QB who can't throw and one of the worst Power 5 recruiting classes. But hey Elmore is coming back next year so I am sure that will get a ton of praise from the Dino guys. The buyout cost really has to be the only impetuous to not making a move at this point because every other metric is a disaster.

This isn’t an overreaction but this has the potential to put SU football in a really bad position, one that would likely be unattainable to get out of. In recruiting, fan support, etc. The more I think about the impact of holding on to him and having another 3-5 win season with an already baked in, poor recruiting class. It’s not good.

If I’m guessing it’s around 10 million
I've heard that number here and wonder if it makes sense, if he only has 2 years left on his contract. That would mean he's getting paid at least 5 million/year and his buyout is as high as his contract. So I can't imagine it's that high.

I've heard that number here and wonder if it makes sense, if he only has 2 years left on his contract. That would mean he's getting paid at least 5 million/year and his buyout is as high as his contract. So I can't imagine it's that high.

Scuttlebutt says the contract runs through 2024.

At $3.5 mil/year:
3 year buyout = $10.5 mil
2 year buyout = $7.0 mil

Of course, everything is negotiable.

Who cares about ranked wins at the end of the day if you aren’t even making bowls. Here is a stat for you.

Shafer (3 seasons): 1 bowl
Babers (5 current seasons, jury out on 6th): 1 bowl
Yeah, the glorified exhibitions vs other .500 teams is def better than beating Clemson at home

Bowls matter for perception and are important in that way, but it’s a weird way to measure how good a team is

Yeah, the glorified exhibitions vs other .500 teams is def better than beating Clemson at home

Bowls matter for perception and are important in that way, but it’s a weird way to measure how good a team is
Perception is reality

Perception is reality
Yeah, that’s why I try to get people to look past it - a smarter fan base will push the admin to make better decisions

Or we can just fire coaches every 2 seasons like the SEC

They are better then beating clemson at home 1 time. I’d lose to clemson every year if it meant we make a bowl game more often then we do now. Kids want to play for bowl teams. Not a team that “plays teams tough”

Does anyone find it troubling that the AD’s not come out and confirmed Dino’s our coach for 2022?

At least for recruiting and current personnel purposes?

This makes me think Dino’s gone with a loss saturday.

Bowls also lead to more money for the school then beating a ranked team

Does anyone find it troubling that the AD’s not come out and confirmed Dino’s our coach for 2022?

I almost feel like him mentioning the fundraising initiative and asking any Juniors planning to move on was our clue he’s not going anywhere regardless of what happens on Saturday.

That being said I agree with you completely that something should be said. The recruiting and portal will be even worse with a lame duck coach.

I almost feel like him mentioning the fundraising initiative and asking any Juniors planning to move on was our clue he’s not going anywhere regardless of what happens on Saturday.

That being said I agree with you completely that something should be said. The recruiting and portal will be even worse with a lame duck coach.

I think it's great that he didn't. I mean what happens if he does it and we lose 62-0 on Saturday. What happens if he says "no decision made" and we win 49-10. No recruit is going to listen to AD talk at this point.

Let it play out and see where we stand on Saturday night. My guess is JW isn't deciding the termination because of a buy-out scenario.

Dino's had some great wins and I loved them all but his Syracuse winning percentage over Shafer is nothing to write home about.

Overall - .69 / .608
Conference -.441 / .411
Agreed. But if you're parsing the two - Dino's wins are far and away better.

I said that if Dino is staying Wildhack should have done this a week or two ago, and was told I didn't know what I was talking about.

My apologies I completely butchered the math. Babers is barely better than Shafer and he really should be let go over it.

Overall
SS .378 / DB .408

Conference
SS .291 / DB .306
If we have the talent to beat a Top 25 team, then we have the talent to go better than 2-7 vs P5 teams overall. It is great that Babers has big Ws, but it is really bad that he goes 2-7 five of six years vs P5 teams. i rather he lose to Clemson and go 4-4 in conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom